Chapter 5

The Bird

Skye’s alarm went off loudly, jerking her out of a sound sleep. She rolled over to the left to where her phone normally laid on her nightstand next to her bed and rolled onto something that felt strangely like a human. She blinked her eyes opened and peered down at the thing underneath her.

It was a human.

She had rolled over onto Junhong’s chest. He peered at her through half opened eyes, muttering a confused sounding ‘morning?’ . She rushed out an apology, rolling off and looking around for her phone which was still blasting her alarm. Sitting up she rubbed one of her eyes.

Wait.

What the  ?

Choi Junhong was in her bed?

She glanced around the room and saw Jimin curled up in a chair next to the body length mirror against the wall. Jimin let out a little whine as he rubbed at his eyes.

“What the hell is that?” he mumbled, looking around the room. Suddenly everything that happened yesterday rushed back into Skye’s memory.

She was in Korea.

She was with her mentors.

Her mentors were members of groups that she’s loved for years.

Her mentors were in her hotel room.

The last one finally hit her as she realized what her alarm actually was-- Min Yoongi screaming ‘bababababa babababa’ and Jung Hoseok singing ‘good morning’. She frantically looked around the room and spotted Yoongi laying on the floor next to her bed. He let out an irritated groan as he opened his eyes. She noticed her phone laying next to him and she leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed it, smashing her finger on the stop button.

“What the ? Was that me and Hobi?” Yoongi questioned, still half asleep and obviously very annoyed.

“...Yes. Yes, it was.” she admitted, “I’m sorry I set an alarm to wake me up so I wouldn’t be late to the audition.” As the word audition left her lips her heart sank, “Oh me that’s today .”

“Did we stay here all night?” Jimin asked.

“Obviously. I mean we’re still here.” Yoongi huffed, as he sat up, “We should go. We need to get ready too.” He pushed himself off the floor and walked around to the other side of the bed where Junhong was still sprawled out, “C’mon get up.” He patted the tall man's thigh a couple times. Junhong moaned in denial and rolled over. Yoongi sighed muttering something under his breath before raising his voice, “Mochii will starve if you don’t get up and feed her.” Junhong’s eyes snapped opened as he pushed himself up.

“I’m coming I’m coming.” he groaned, swinging his long legs over the side of the bed and standing up. Jimin stood up out of the small chair and stretched before following the other two men to the door.

“We’ll meet you there,” Jimin said as they left, smiling at her over his shoulder.  

As her mentors left her hotel room her heart sped up, her airways closing partially. Her audition was so soon.

.

She padded into the bathroom and brushed out her hair so it was falling straight over her shoulders and along the curves of her chest. After a second thought, she gathered together all of her long purple hair and twisted it into a bun on the top of her head, leaving her bangs out. Rummaging through her suitcase she grabbed some clothes out along with a bottle of pills. After making sure it was her anxiety medicine she placed two in , washing it down with some water.

She yanked on ripped black jeans and a white crop top and then walked over to the full-length mirror. She picked up her mask from the floor and started putting it on. She didn’t secure it to her face like she normally would if she were wearing it all day but made sure that it would stay until she wanted it off.

Before she left she grabbed her phone and slipped on a long grey cardigan, then she was out the door and on her way to the audition that would determine her entire life.

No big deal.