Chapter 11

The Bird

Junhong led them into his house and Kelsi let out a small squeal. He turned to find her on the ground petting his dog. Yoongi laughed.

“Okay so you walk into a house with one of the groups that you love in it and the first thing you do is pet the dog?” he questioned.

“Obviously. I love Mochii.” Kelsi giggled. Junhong chuckled and his other members came into the room, peering down at the small girl with the small dog.

“I wonder how you’ll react with Holly.” Yoongi mused.

Kelsi gasped and looked up at Yoongi and Junhong, “Oh my god can Mochii and Holly have a puppy play date? I want that more than I want to breathe.” Daehyun burst out laughing, bringing Kelsi back to the present. Her gaze bounced to the other kpop idols in the room, “Holy .” She quickly got up off the floor, “Sorry puppy distracted me. Hi. I’m Skye. I love you all.” The men in the room chuckled at the awkward girl.

They all made their way into Junhong’s living room to talk for a while. Yoongi kept track of the time so they wouldn’t be late to the shoot and once he announced that they had to get going Daehyun and Kelsi both whined. Daehyun held onto her hand. Their voices overlapped each other as they tried to beg for a couple more minutes.

“We aren’t gonna be able to talk for months once she leaves.” Jongup pointed out, trying to help their case.

“I’ll add Kelsi into a group with all of you later okay?” Junhong offered, trying to get his hyungs to agree. Daehyun huffed and let go of the small girl's hand, giving in. He hadn’t noticed Junhong’s mistake. Kelsi locked eyes with Yoongi, both of them freezing.

After a pause Yoongi cleared his throat, “Alright we gotta get Skye to the shoot.” he said, slightly emphasizing Kelsi’s stage name. Junhong noticed his mistake and blushed. Kelsi, along with her three mentors, got up to leave the house. If any of Junhong’s members had noticed his slip up they didn’t say anything.

They left the house and Yoongi shook his head. Junhong started spitting out apologies the second the door had closed behind them.

“It’s okay don’t worry about it. They’re gonna find out eventually anyway. We don’t even know if they noticed.” Jimin reassured him.

Her mentors got her to the shoot which just enough time for her to say she was early.

Two minutes early but hey, it counts.

Kelsi met her stylist who gave her a look. Kelsi threw her arms up in the air.

“What? I’m early!” she insisted, making her stylist giggle, “Mina, I’m two whole minutes early.” Mina waved her hand through the air.

“Okay okay, I believe you.” she chuckled while pointing the purple haired girl to her first outfit, “Seeing as you’re insane and asked to do all of this in one day we’re doing the pastel playful shoot first.” Kelsi groaned but snatched the clothes out of Mina’s hand.

Kelsi got out of her normal clothes into a flowy mint green skirt paired with a lacey white long sleeve shirt. Mina quickly curled her hair, telling her that she looked like a wreck.

“Well pardon me, I haven’t been back to the hotel since yesterday,” Kelsi explained. Mina put Kelsi’s hair into loose pigtails then helped her put on her mint green and pastel pink mask.

They brought her down the street to a playground that they had closed off for the shoot. They took a series of photos there then moved to a small room where the sunlight filtered in through a window, casting a beam of light along the side of her face.

Once they were done they went back to let Kelsi change into her next outfit. She pulled on a pair of ripped black stockings before shimmying into the high waisted shorts that had one side of it plaid and the other side black with silver studs. She slipped on her black crop top with ties down the front. After clasping on her thick black choker with a silver heart in the middle she adjusted the necklace of interlocking hearts and a treble clef that all of her members had so it laid on the outside of her shirt. Mina straightened Kelsi’s long purple hair and then put it up in double dutch braid buns, leaving most of it down.

Kelsi secured her silver mask on her face and Mina swiped a dark red lipstick on her lips. Once Mina was done Kelsi pulled on black combat boots that had a chunky heel on it and wandered over to the mirror. She spun around peering at every inch of her outfit, “Wow Mina. I look good.” She snapped a quick picture and sent it to the group with her other members.

 

SkyeBird: okay but I look hot

SkyeBird: Cora you didn’t send any pictures from yesterday

CobraCora: Only you would take your own pictures at a photo shoot lmao but get it, girl!!

ButterfreeButterwhy : you look hot, babe

 

She set her phone down with all of her other stuff and walked onto the first set.

“Alright. This one is pretty simple. Stand in front of the backdrop, look y and mysterious.” One of the photographers explained to Kelsi.

“Good thing I’m naturally y and mysterious,” Kelsi muttered to herself jokingly. Kelsi tried a couple different poses where she was internally cringing but the photographers seemed to think that it looked good seeing as they didn’t stop her. At some points, she parted her lips or let her tongue slip out slightly and rest on her top lip. She moved her hand up to her face and let it rest on her lips and then did the same thing with only one finger.

Mina laced a black ribbon around Kelsi’s wrists and the photographers came in closer to get close up shots of her hands.

“,” Kelsi whispered in English making Mina giggle.

The next set was dark with spray paint and a baseball bat littered around the ground near a slightly dented car.

“My mentor would love this.” Kelsi laughed. After surveying the set she raised her hand, “So can I get on top of the car?” she called to the photographers. One of them gave her the okay and she climbed up onto the car, posing in various places on it.

She hopped off the car and grabbed one of the cans of spray paint and shook it before spray painting “SKYE” over one of the side windows.

“Can I crack this window a little?” she asked. Once again one of the photographers said yes and she picked up the metal bat. She swung the bat at the window, making a small crack that spiderwebbed through the middle of her name. She moved to the front of the car, spray painting the word “Free” on it in loopy letters, along with a bird.

After that set, there was a very elegant shoot. Kelsi leaned up against the wall, one over her black lace up high heeled booties propped against it. A flowy high-low off the shoulder scarlet dress was draped over her body. Mina had taken Kelsi’s hair out of the braids and curled it into loose curls.

By the time they announced she was done Kelsi had already checked out. She was tired and getting a migraine from all the flashes. She quickly changed back into her normal clothes, said goodbye to Mina and then left to go back to her hotel.

The small girl kicked the door closed behind her started to get undressed then flopped onto the bed. She ended up passing out with her mask half off and one shoe on.