Chapter 3

The Bird

SkyeBird: I just landed! I’m so excited I’m dying

Tol: Don’t die before we meet you that’d be bad

Smol: I think we’d be held responsible for that so please don’t die

Smoler: I’m so excited to meet you, Skye!

SkyeBird: Ahhh samee

SkyeBird: I’ll be the short girl in the extravagant mask and a white snapback

SkyeBird: Also my hair is deep purple, it’s super vibrant you won’t miss it

Tol: We’re here so I guess we’ll just find you when we see you

Smoler: Oh you’ll know us when you see us I promise ;)

SkyeBird: What? Why? What are you going to do??

Smoler: You’ll see ;)) now hurry up and get here!

 

The young woman slipped her phone into a pocket in her grey dress and looked around to find the signs pointing towards the exit. Her black wedges clicked softly on the tiled floor, echoing through the airport along with the sound of the plastic wheels on her suitcase rolling. She brushed her hair, which was curled into loose waves, out of her face. She wasn’t nervous, really, she wasn’t. She adjusted her black and silver mask while taking a deep breath. Okay, maybe she was a little nervous. Her hand found the silver music note and heart hanging on the chain around her neck and fiddled with it for a second before letting her hand drop to her side. She seriously had to stop fidgeting. It was no big deal. All she was doing was meeting three kpop idols. No biggie. She pulled out her phone once more and turned the camera on her and smiling.

“Hey guys, it’s Skye, so I just landed in Korea. I’m about to meet my mentors for the first time and I’m kind of nervous. I’ve been talking to them for months so like I shouldn’t really be nervous but-” she was interrupted by someone screaming bird noises.

“CA-CAW CA-CAW!” a male voice yelled again. Her eyes found a small Korean man with pastel pink hair smiling at her.

“...Park Jimin is cawing at me? I’m… Am I dreaming?” she inquired, glancing at her camera for a second before turning it off and putting her phone back in the pocket in her dress.

“CA-CAW, SKYE??” Jimin repeated. A tall laughing man covered his mouth as he saw the girls steps falter. Choi mother ing Junhong. Holy . She had to be dreaming. Her gaze slid to the person on the other side of Jimin and saw the man with dark purple hair smile. Min ing Yoongi. Holy . She rushed over and tried to say something that sounded professional like ‘Hi I’m Skye, it’s nice to finally meet you in person, I’m a huge fan by the way.’ but all that came out was, “Holy you’re a grape we’re grape buddies!” The eldest male smiled a gummy smile and she laughed in disbelief. She looked at the other two males and decided she should probably try again on her introduction, “You’re a pastel fluff again. Such a smol squish oh my god. And you’re so damn tall I’m screaming.” she blurted, her eyes bouncing between Jimin and Junhong. She slapped her hand over , “Oh my god this is a mess.” she sighed, her voice muffled by her hand.

She kept staring at the three men in shock. Yoongi opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a distant scream. Skye turned to see her best friend be picked up and spun around by a member from seventeen. We have to be the luckiest girls in the world. She thought to herself before she felt arms wrap around her and a warm body press against her back.

“We should probably get going now, standing in the middle of the airport is drawing attention.” Junhong pointed out from behind her. Her eyes welled up with tears and she drew in a shaky breath before nodding.

“Come on we’ll take you to your hotel,” Yoongi said, nodding his head toward the exit. They started to walk out of the airport when they heard a loud scream-- the scream of a fangirl.

“Uh oh.” Kelsi breathed. The three men gave her a questioning look, “I know that sound well.”

“OH MY GOD JIMIN! SUGA!” a voice screeched.

“ZELO OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU!” a different voice yelled. Kelsi’s steps quickened as she latched onto the wrist of the man closest to her, Yoongi. Yoongi tensed and Kelsi glanced back at him.

“Oppa I know you don’t like physical contact but unless you want to get ambushed or lost I’d hold onto each other,” she explained. Yoongi reached behind him and grabbed onto Junhong who took Jimin’s hand and Kelsi dragged them out of the airport, “Why didn’t you bring bodyguards?” Kelsi questioned once they were on their way to the hotel. Yoongi shrugged.

“We thought that we’d just meet you and then go and nothing would happen,” Junhong said.

Kelsi rolled her eyes, “You guys really don’t understand how much people love you do you?” she mumbled, chuckling.

“So when are you gonna take the mask off?” Jimin asked.

“I mean I’m gonna take it off to shower once I get to the hotel but I assume you mean when are you guys going to be able to see me with the mask off. Probably during the audition.” she shrugged. She saw the confused look on Jimin’s face and cocked her head to the side, “The audition? You guys along with a Bubblegum rep, a TS rep, and a Bighit rep watch me perform a couple songs to see if you guys want to keep me?”

“Ohhh.” Jimin grinned at her, “I’m excited to see what you can do. And to see you with your mask off. It’s gonna be great.” She let out a halfhearted laugh suddenly taken over with anxiety again. Don’t get your hopes up.