Chapter 6

The Bird

By the time her mentors had gotten to the green room Skye was already dressed in grey leggings that stopped just past her knees and a loose white tank top with a black sports bra underneath. They walked in as she was making sure her hair was secured in the bun on her head.

Jimin groaned as he spotted her face in the mirror, “Why do you have that thing back on?” He pouted at her.

“Relax I’m gonna take it off later.” Skye turned toward the three men. Junhong looked away quickly, trying not to let her know that he was just staring at her . Yoongi raised an eyebrow at the youngest who blushed and cleared his throat awkwardly. Yoongi chuckled to himself and Skye tried to hold in her giggles. Jimin, who was totally oblivious to the whole exchange, propped one of his hands on his hip.

“So why do you have it on now? Have the reps not seen your face?” he questioned, cocking his head to the side.

“They’ve seen me. And I have it on simply for the drama aspect of it. I had this whole dramatic reveal planned but you guys and my clumsiness ruined it. Stupid towel.” she muttered the last part under her breath.

“Wait. You actually thought to yourself ‘oh I should’ve held onto the mask instead’? Because being in front of us would have been better than us seeing you without your mask on?” Yoongi questioned before laughing.

“Without my mask, I’m practically anyways.” she protested. Yoongi rolled his eyes and Jimin laughed to himself while Junhong continued to blush.

“Okay so wait. What’s the point of being dramatic about it if everyone has seen your face before?” Jimin asked.

Skye huffed, “I like being dramatic, okay? Let me live.” Yoongi raised an eyebrow at her and she immediately realized that what she said was rude. She sighed, “I’m sorry, oppa, I just… I’m stressed.” Yoongi plopped himself onto the couch and peered up at his mentee. Junhong leaned against the arm of the couch and Jimin slowly lowered himself onto the couch next to Yoongi.

After a minute Yoongi cocked his head to the side and simply said, “Why?” She blinked at him.

“ Why ?” she repeated, “How about I’m about to have an audition that will change my life. If I this up I’m screwed. Do you understand that?” Yoongi and Skye held each other's gaze before Skye held her hand up, “Oh. Sorry. Oppa .” she added. Yoongi snorted and looked at Junhong.

“This one’s a bit of a handful, huh?” he chuckled, before looking back up at Skye, “Listen, you’re going to do fine. You getting all worked up and stressed about this isn’t going to help anything. I know it’s scary. I know it’s a big deal. But the more nervous you get the more likely you are to up. You told us last night you know all of these songs well so as long as you focus on the songs then you’ll do fine. Okay?” Skye looked from her eldest mentor to the other two on either side of him.

“Did… He just give me a motivational speech?” she inquired, sounding shocked. Yoongi rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“See this is why I don’t do this often. Ungrateful kids.” he scoffed.

Skye giggled, “Thank you, oppa.” He waved his hand dismissively. Skye placed her hands on her hips and looked at Junhong, “You’ve been a quiet bean. Any encouraging words for your mentee?”

“Do I even want to know what ‘a quiet bean’ is?” Junhong questioned the small masked girl. She paused for a second then shook her head making him laugh, “You’ll do great I know you will.” Skye smiled at him and Jimin clapped his hands excitedly.

“Okay but seriously I have a very difficult task for your guys,” Skye began. She grabbed her phone off the table, “One of you needs to hold my phone for me.” Yoongi held out his hand, “Why should I trust you with it, oppa?”

“I’m too tired to with it? Turn your sounds off though, we don’t want another incident.” he reminded her making her cringe. She clicked the button on the side to turn the sounds off and placed it in his hand before leaving the room.