MEMORIES

ILYSB

Tourists come and go and the night is young. It’s a perfect weather for a drink.

I decided to drink the night away after a very tiring day of touring the city. How cool is that? I always wanted to drink in a foreign city where people will not judge you or won’t tell anything bad about you. So I went to a famous restaurant, Caffe Florian. I’ve been dying to visit this place before but was not allowed to coz I don’t have that much time before.

As you can see, Venice is really an exciting and romantic place filled with excellent sights, great restaurants and bar, historic neighborhoods. Everything here is #instagrammable as what my friends say.

 

Caffe Florian makes me more in love with this city, its elegant and timeless terrace and interior remind visitors of a bygone era, and for a moment they too will be able to enjoy the elegance and sophistication of past times.

 

But everything reminds me of that guy, my almost lover, my forbidden love.

 

Oh! Memories again and this throwbacks! I gulp down another shot of wine. Wines are really cures for the heart, the mellow music, the rain outside. What is this? Oh God are you trying to pissed me off? I feel like crying but the crowd here’s kinda happy. I look around and there’s a guy that’s been push to the center.

“Everyone we will have a special guest for tonight. He will be singing for us.” the emcee said.

Hmmm. I gulp down another shot of wine and switch my attention outside. It’s really raining and the city lights are adding the sad vibes.

“I’m not sure if you know this song because this not Italian nor English but I hope you will like this.”

“Saranghae tjanha

uri hamkkehan manheun nal dongan

Hamkke apahaetjanha

seoroui irin juldo moreugo”

 

OMMO! That song, that’s Korean.

And in that moment, my cheeks started getting wet. What’s wrong?

I called on the waiter, “Another bottle please” I smiled bitterly “and many tissue”

 

“Neon eodi inneun geoni

naui moksori deullijil annni
Apeun nae simjangi neoreul chatneunda

neoreul bureunda michidorok”

 

What the hell? Why of all songs?? Why am I hearing it here? This is crazy. And I find myself singing to the song while my tears keep on flowing like a river. It hurts.

 

Gaseumi nunmuri

tto neoui gieogi
Han bangul han bangul

tto nae gaseume heulleo naerinda
Ureodo ureodo jiwojiji annneun gieogeul ttara
Oneuldo bin nae gaseumeul tto jeoksinda”

 

“Senyorita, are you okay?” a waiter asks.

“Can you give me a microphone?”

“Oh, you wanted to sing along? Okay okay.” He left and in a jiffy he went back with a microphone.

 

“Johahaetjanha

jageun nae misoe useojwotjanha

Hamkke ureosseotjanha

naui nunmure apahaetjanha”

 

I sang to the song and just stared at the window.

I miss you.

I miss everything about you.

 

“Jigeum eodi inneun geoni

jichin nae moseubi boijil annni

Apeun nae simjangi neoreul chatneunda

neoreul bureunda michidorok”

 

Where are you now?

Are you happy?

Are you satisfied with your decision?

Are you doing well?

 

Gaseumi nunmuri

tto neoui gieogi
Han bangul han bangul

tto nae gaseume heulleo naerinda
Ureodo ureodo jiwojiji annneun gieogeul ttara
Oneuldo bin nae gaseumeul tto jeoksinda”

 

 

Do you know how much it hurts to know that we’re like this?

We can’t be together.

We were inlove but without a label.

Or maybe I’m just the only one that’s been in love all these years?

 

“Naegero dorawajullae

maeil ne ireum bureumyeo

Jichin gidarim soge

neoreul chaja hemaeneun najanha”

 

 

Yes I wander.

But I’m wandering alone.

I look for you here but I know I won’t be seeing you.

This is the pain of loving you.

 

Sarangi nunmuri

neowaui chueogi

Han bangul han bangul

tto nae gaseume heulleo naerinda

Ureodo ureodo

jiwojiji annneun gieogeul ttara

Oneuldo bin nae gaseumeul tto jeoksinda”

 

Today my empty heart is drenched again.

I finished the song without minding everyone. I heard everyone clapping their hands. Do this people understand a thing? I wonder.

I smiled bitterly and drink another shot.

Wow! My confidence is really high huh! Who would have thought I can sing here? If this is in Korea I wouldn’t do such a thing.

It feels so good to be crazy for a moment. It feels so good to be free!

 

“Are you alone?” a guy suddenly showed up in front of me.

 

Oh?” I look at him. This is the rude guy I was with in the gondola ride. “Oh, annyeong!” I smiled.

 

“Are you okay?” he stared at my face, i can see a worried look.

 

“Oh, yes. Why?” confused at his sudden change of attitude. This is weird. Am I drunk?

 

“You already finish a bottle of wine and your face is really red right now even your ears. You sang with me without looking at the person you’re singing with. Can you still go to your room?”

 

“Of course! I’m not weak!” I laughed. “Why are you here?”

 

“I should be asking you that” he pulled the chair in front of me and drinks his wine. “How did you know that song?”

 

“Because I’m Korean!” I laughed again and drink. “You?”

 

“That’s the weirdest answer I’ve heard today. You’re really weird.”

 

“You talk a lot. What’s wrong?” I stared at him. What a visual! Good genes.

 

“you’re the one crying and you’re asking me what’s wrong? Are you out of your mind?”

 

“Yes I am! So don’t talk to me!” I shouted at him.

 

“Ya, why are you shouting? Don’t make a scene. You singing is already enough. You have a nice voice. Are you a singer?”

 

“I’m a nobody. You? You’re an idol right?”

 

“You can say that. You don’t know me?”

 

“You can say that. Haha. Maybe? Yes? No? I’m not really sure. But I’m quite sure you look good.” I laugh and drink another shot.

 

“Am I?”

 

“Yes, you are. I wonder how you look so good in my eyes this time. Am I drunk? Hahaha are you single? Let’s date!” i showed him a heart sign. He looks flustered.

“Hahahahaha”

 

“Ommo ommo! Did you just laugh? Ommo! Ommo! You look even more handsome when you laugh! Kekeke”

 

“You’re drunk”

 

“I’m not!” I shouted. “It’s really true! Trust me! I don’t lie in another city. I can only lie in Korea. Hahaha”

 

“Oh?”

 

“Yes! Do you know how to kiss?” I more.

 

He looked shocked. I look at his face and he’s red. Is he blushing?

 

“You’re blushing! Hahaha did I caught you off guard?”

 

“Don’t say things like that to a stranger”

 

“You’re not stranger! You’re Korean”

 

“I know! But still you’re a girl you need to be careful. Where’s your key?”

 

“Why? Are we going to do it in my place?” I and leaned forward while holding the wine glass.

 

“Yaaaaah! Stop it!” he grab my hand and get the wine glass. “let’s go!” he hold my arm and assisted me to get up.

 

“My feet’s really tired!!! My heart's in pain. My head aches!!!” I cry in pain.

 

“you have to walk so you can rest.”

 

Can you carry me?” I smiled at him. “Wait wait, I forgot something” I went back to the table and quickly hold the bottle of wine.

 

“ya! Why are you still holding that one?”

 

“I want to drink all of this! I wanna get so drunk I never remember you again. Please carry me!!!”

 

DONGHAE POV:

 

Crazy girl! Very crazy! Get drunk so she wont remember him? What the hell!

 

This is unbelievable! But what the hell I ended up carrying her! I’m even crazier!

I'm just gonna pray that this would not be on the news.

Thinking of the chaos that this will make, I'm surely gonna be dead.

 

“ya, are you also staying in The Gritti Palace?” I poked her cheeks.

 

“Neh!” she looked at me half shocked. "How did you know that?"

 

“Why are you so heavy?”

 

Her hands move and started drinking again.

 

“Ya! Stop that!”

 

“What? I said I wanted to drink! Ya, put me down! This is so awkward! This is wedding style. So inappropriate!”

 

Patience. I think I’m gonna lose all my patience with this woman. Sometimes helping is really not a good idea.

She just smiled cutely at me, but her eyes are so lonely. Did I say cute? HOLY ! Or maybe I’m just drunk?

 

“yaaaaa! I know I’m pretty but lets go! Okay?” she went near me, tiptoed and she kissed me on my lips.

 

I frozed. Did she jussstttttt. Oh kkkkkkkk!!!

It was just a smack! BUT WHAT THE ACTUAL ! SHE KISSED ME!

 

“Let’s go!” she grabbed my hand and drag me with him! “I don’t clearly see the road so tell me the direction okay? Thank you baby!” she giggles.

 

I'M DOOMED!

WHAT A CRAZY WOMAN!!!