GONDOLA

ILYSB

Second day at Venice should be better than the yesterday. I don’t want to remember what show I’ve put up yesterday. That’s so crazy. Why am I like this? I’ll start my day right! Yes, that should be it!

 

I walked down with my necessary tourist stuffs in my bag. Go Pro, Camera, Mobile Phone, Lipgloss, and Wallet. This is essential.

 

Today my itinerary is quite long so I decided to try the Gondola ride first. This shouldn’t be missed when you’re in Venice, it’s so romantic.

 

“Buon giorno Signorina”

Oh grazie grazie, good morning. Do you speak English?”

No, mi dispiace, ma non lo parlo. (I'm sorry, I don't speak English.)

“Huh?”

 

Oh no! I’m doomed. I’m not really good in Italian, I can only speak basic Italian. I’m too busy mending my heart to even study their language.

 

“Buon giorno” the man said again.

“Eh?” I looked at him but he was looking at another person at my back.

“Buon giorno. Come stai? (Good morning, how are you?)

Sto bene, grazie. Purtroppo so soltanto un po' di italiano. Parla inglese? (Fine, thank you. I'm afraid I only speak a little Italian. Do you speak English?”)

The guy at the back said. I turned back at him and look at his face.

“Si.”

Mi chiamo Hae. È stato un piacere conoscerla. (My name is Hae, It was nice to meet you. )

“Mi chiamo Martin. Piacere. (My name is Martin. I am pleased to meet you.)

 

WAIT. THIS GUY! WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?

 

“I wanted to try this ride here. Is that okay?”

“Si”

“Excuse me, yaaaa!” I shouted at the guy.

 

He looked at me with a bored expression. As if he didn’t see me in front.

What a rude bastard, really!

 

“I talked to him first so you should not go in first.”

“I don’t think that’s a problem. There are a lot of Gondola riders here. You can talk to them.” He said without any emotion on his face and pointed out at the other side of the place where there’s gondola everywhere.

“Are you two fighting?” the gondola driver said looking confused with us.

YES/NO we said at the same time. How can he say we’re not fighting? This jerk is really something.

“I have a better idea for you, since you two are my first costumer, a couple ride. It’s more romantic.”

“NO/NO”

The man smiled at us.

 

“Come on! Come on! Don’t say no to an old man.”

 

The old man pushed the two of us to his gondola and in no time I’m sitting here. In front of me is this rude guy with a blonde hair and a bored face. He was busy checking his phone and then put his headphones out and sleep.

 

"Bright lights, fancy restaurants
Everything in this world that a man could want
Got a bank account bigger than the law should allow
Still I'm lonely now"

 

The man started singing with his weird English accent. Cute!

I looked around the place. So beautiful.

I took out my camera and started capturing the beautiful Venice grand canal. The buildings are really beautiful.

 

 

"Pretty faces from the covers of the magazines
From their covers to my covers wanna lay with me
Fame and fortune still can't find
Just a grown man runnin' out of time"

 

I look at the Gondola rider. He was singing Incomplete.

Oh God.

 

Even though it seems I have everything
I don't wanna be a lonely fool
All of the women, all the expensive cars
All of the money don't amount to you
So I can make believe I have everything
But I can't pretend that I don't see
That without you girl my life is incomplete

 

I smiled at his song. It was so sweet. If only I have someone here with me, this would be much sweeter and perfect.

“That without you girl my life is incomplete”

The guy in front of me suddenly talked. I looked at him again.

He was handsome. No, he’s really handsome. But it seems like he’s out of this world. His expression is blank while smiling bitterly.

 

“Are you Korean?”

I asked.

He didn’t answer.

“Hey!” I waved my hands in front of him. He looked at me.

 

OH GOD. HE’S BEAUTIFUL.

 

“What?”

“Are you Korean?”

“Yes.”

“Really? I am Korean too.” I smiled.

“I don’t care.” He said and then closed his eyes again.

 

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIM?

 

Ughhhh! So annoying! I wanted to punch his face and my fist is about to go near his face but he suddenly opened his eyes.

 

Those cold eyes.

 

I got scared. So I pretended to play with my hands.

 

Another embarrassment.

 

“Hello, yes! I’ll be back after 5 minutes. Don’t wait for me. I know. I won’t run. I need a break. Yes. This is Venice no one will notice me here. Okay. Bye.”

 

After minutes of touring the grand canal we finally stop.

 

“I will stop you here. Here lies the famous Basilica San Marco. Have a great day” the driver said.

“Grazie”

 

I said and he helped me out. I walked fast. I just wanted to be far from that unmannered guy, ruthless jerk, cold and handsome.

 

YUCK! Did I just said handsome?

 

“So what if he’s handsome he’s still very rude.”

 

I heard girls squealing.

 

“Hey, that guy is Donghae right?”

I looked at them. They were staring at a figure behind me.

 

“Hi, you’re Lee Donghae right?”

 

“I’m sorry I really have to go.” The guy said and walked out from the girls.

 

“Can we have a picture with you?” the blonde lady said.

“Just one please” another girl said.

“Okay.” He said then the two girls took out their phone and had some selfie with the guy but he’s not smiling. Ha!

“Thank you./Grazie” the two girls are so happy and the guy just left.

“Excuse me” I went near the two girls. “You seem to be so happy seeing that guy, is he famous here?”

The two girls look flustered with my question and then smiled.

“No, he’s famous in Korea.”

“Oh? I’m from Korea too.”

“Really? So you know him? Lucky you! We’re from Singapore.”

“No”

“Really? That’s weird. Donghae oppa’s really famous in your country. He’s a model and singer along with a group. Super Junior. His mates are really handsome. And he’s by far the most handsome in our eyes and he’s single. Hihihi ”

“Ah I see. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. See you around unnie!”

 

Wow. They surely know a lot huh. Cool!

 

Famous? Model? Singer?

 

But I don’t know him. Or maybe I’ve been too blind to look at other people?

 

Whatever!

 

 

 

.