LETS START?

ILYSB

DARA POV:

 

After two days work in Venice, I fly back to Korea for another set of work. I will be working on a broadcasting show where we go to different places to meet other people.  Something that is not really new to me but the thought of meeting people in public gave me mixed emotions. I’m really awkward around people and I’m trying to change that. I’m not good at interactions. I tend to get speechless.

 

While waiting for my colleagues, I checked on my phone and reviewed the messages in there. A message from Donghae caught my attention. OMMO! I haven’t replied to his text and this was two days ago. Where on earth is my brain?

 

OH. Right! I totally forgot to respond to him after I read his post on IG. It was an old posts and it gave me the giddy feeling at the same time I’m a bit jealous of that girl.

 

I mean I know we don’t have a thing but recently he caught my attention. I don’t want to assume that he feels the same way but his actions are weird right? And we meet only for couple of times with s around. Nothing special. But the way he acts around me you would really think there’s something in there.

 

Or maybe because he’s just a gentleman? Or really friendly and caring?

 

Ugh! Stop this nonsense Dara! Get your together! I replied to his message.

 

‘Hey been busy lately. Totally forgot to reply. Good morning!’

 

After a few seconds he replied. So fast huh? Is he a morning person? It’s still early. I know idols usually wake up late after a busy schedule but this guy is different.

 

‘It’s fine. Good morning! Welcome back to Korea!’

 

How did he know that? I looked around suspiciously.

 

‘How did you know I’m back?’

 

‘I stalk you on sns! Keke’

 

OMMO! O___________O
 

I still haven’t recovered then another message pop up.

 

‘I was checking on my sns today then I saw some airport posts. Hehe. I hope you don’t find it creepy.’

 

I felt relieved. I thought he’s around here. I’m not ready to meet him yet coz for sure I’ll give him a cold treatment.

 

‘Why are you gonna give him a cold shoulder? You’re not in a sort of relationship. It’s not like he cheats on you’ my pessimistic self said.

 

RIGHT! I don’t have any right to get cold to him. We’re friends. Smile Dara!

 

‘No. It’s not creepy. I’m just shocked for a second. How are you?’

‘I’m good. You? You seem so busy. You did not even reply to my message. L’

 

‘He really likes you. Look at that sad face’ my optimistic self said.

‘Don’t assume Dara’ my pessimistic self.

 

‘Hey, I already explained it. I’m really sorry. But hey I miss you! L’

A little flirting won’t hurt right? I really miss him and his blushing self.

 

*ring ring*

 

He is calling me! LEE DONGHAE is calling me at 6 in the morning?

 

Hey!/Hey!”

“Hahaha. Hi!’ I said. Awkwaaaaaaaaard!

“Hmmm. Hi. I miss you too.” he said.

“Hahaha. Seriously?”

“Hmmm. Yes.”

“Hahaha”  

 

PABOOO DARA! TRY TO THINK OF WHAT TO SAY!

 

“You’re making fun of me again.” I heard him complain, it was almost a whisper but I heard it correctly.

“Hey, I’m not. I just don’t know what to say.’

“Me neither!”

“See? Hahaha. What made you call?”

“Ahhhh. Nothing. I’m tired of texting.”

“Hahaha. That’s what I said last time.”

“Yeah, no. But seriously I just want to hear your voice!” he said slowly.

“Hahaha” OTTOOOOOKEEEEEEEEEEEE! What should I say? Oh self, where’s your ‘a little flirting won’t hurt motto?’

After a few moments of silence, he suddenly spoke again,Hmmm. Yeah so there. I think I need to go with my brothers now. See you around.”

“Yeah. See you around. Let’s catch up when we see each other.”

“Yes sure! Take care Dara!”

“You too Hae. Enjoy your day!” I close my eyes and smile.

“I’m enjoying it so far because of you.”

 

I suddenly feel someone poking my cheek in a light way. I opened my eyes and got a total shocked. A guy is in front of me wearing a hoodie and a mask. He suddenly removed it and it made me even more shocked. Why is he here?

 

“WHOOAH!” I jumped on my seat.

 

“Hi!”

 

LEE DONGHAE is in front of me all smiles looking so miraculously handsome in the morning. I keep on blinking my eyes. Is this a dream?

 

“Ahhhhh, why are you here?”

 

He laughed and just waved his phone.

 

“Remember my stalking skill?”

 

I just nodded at him.

 

“Well I happened to check that you are here. I’m on my way to work as well” he smiled.

“Oh I see.”

 

“By the way, got you some chocolate drink!” he handed me a cup of chocolate. “I hope this makes your day even better.”

 

“Thank you.” I sip on my chocolate drink. “Ahhhh, this is so perfect! I’m already bored here.”

 

“Are your co-MC not here yet?” he looked around.

 

“Well they are upstairs still doing some make up. I’m 30 minutes early so I got styled first. I decided to go here after I landed.”

 

“Oh so you haven’t went home?” he looked shocked then I saw him change his expression into a worried one.

 

“Well yes?” I laughed. “Duty calls!”

 

“You should rest.” He stared at me.

 

“And you should cover your face, people might recognize you easily.” I stared back at him and smiled.

 

“You too!” he laugh then he suddenly went near me and arranged my hoodie. “There!”

 

“Komawooo! Now, bend down!”

 

“Oh?”

 

“Come on!” he bend down. I pull on his hoodie back to his head and put his mask back. “There!”

 

He looks so surprised with what I did. Yes honey, a little flirting won’t hurt. Lee Donghae should mentally take note that I can do what he’s capable of doing.

 

“Thank you!” he scratches on his brow and chuckle. “Anyway, I have to go. Duty calls!” he waved off his phone.

 

“Go ahead. Thanks for the drink!”

 

You’re welcome. See you! Take care!”

 

“Yes! You too!” I waved at him.

 

He didn’t left yet. He’s still standing in front of me like he wants to say something but afraid to utter it out.

 

“Why?”

 

“Ahhh nothing!” he said and stared at me again.

 

“You’ll be late if you stay here!” I laugh awkwardly. He’s doing a great job at this staring game huh! Improving!

 

“right! Bye Dara!”

 

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD! What a great day to work!

Days passed by swiftly and it’s already Valentines Day. It’s also the day where SuJu’s music video will be released. I waited for it and when midnight strikes, it has been released. I viewed it and it was really lit. So proud of the boys. They are so handsome especially Hae. I scanned on the comment box and reading every positive comment in there. I’m reading comments like ‘what a lucky girl’, ‘unnie you are so pretty’, ‘unnie you look good with every member!and this is I think the best comment, ‘Unnie, you and Donghae oppa should date. What a perfect visuals!’

 

I checked on my phone and the 2ne1 girls are messaging me and saying congratulations. From the way they chatted me, I can really feel that they are happy. I can imagine Bom squealing like a fan girl. We always like handsome guys. Kekeke

 

Crazy JJ sent me a message telling I look different in the video and I look extra pretty. Whoah! It’s the first time he actually appreciate my face. He’s also pestering me to meet him since he’s already back in the country. I saw my phone ringing and yeah speaking of the devil!

 

‘Ya!’

‘Good morning too there little miss grumpy’ he said.

‘Its night already! Why did you call?’

‘Seriously Dara, is that the proper way to greet someone?’

‘Yes if its you. What’s up?’ I laughed. I can imagine his annoyed look with me.

‘Congratulations! Lets date?’

‘NO’

‘Heyyyyy, you should meet me. I told you to fetch me in the airport’

‘You never texted me to do so’ I went back to scanning the comment section.

‘Aish! Where are you? Let’s have dinner!’

I look at the bedside clock. It’s near 1am. ‘Dinner at 1 am? Are you out of your mind?’

‘Oh crap! I forgot the time difference. Hahaha maybe later? It’s Valentines Day and I know you don’t have a date. HAHAHAHAHA’ I can hear him laughing really hard. Oh God! This guy really can’t live a day without annoying me.

‘Happy huh?’

‘YES! HAHAHAHAHAHA’

‘Are we done now?’

‘Hey don’t be so cold. Hahaha I’m not kidding when I asked you for a date. I’m serious okay?’

‘Yeah right! I have a date later. Bye!’ I turn off my phone and throw it in the bed.

 

Aishhh! It’s already February 14. I will just sleep the entire day.  I don’t want to see couples today. Im in the middle of my bitter state when my phone rings again. I annoyingly answered the phone.

 

‘JAE, IM SO DONE WITH YOU! I shouted.

 

‘HA?’

 

‘STOP PESTERING ME AND REMINDING ME HOW I AM FOREVER ALONE ON A VALENTINES DAY! YOU JERK!!!!’ I shouted again. I’m really pissed off right now.

 

‘Whaooooooah! Chill there Dara.’

 

WAIT. I checked my phone and what a great timing. I just shouted and cursed at LEE DONGHAE.

 

‘Ommo, ommo! I’m sorry! I thought I was talking to my dog!’  I bit my lip. How can you be so stupid Dara?

‘oh? You’re dog calls you?’ he laugh.

‘yes!’

‘HAHAHA!’ I heard him laugh. He must be thinking I’m crazy. ‘Hey, I think I can feel you’re pouting from here.’ He laugh again. Why do these guys are making fun of me today?

‘HA-HA funny!’ I said sarcastically.

I’m sorry. Anyway, Happy Valentines Day and congratulations!’

Woaaaah! Thank you. But for what?’

‘For the positive result of the MV. People likes you.’

‘Oh. So you’re also reading the comments?’

‘Yeah. We are checking on it earlier but I left the boys to greet you.’

‘Oh I see. Congratulations too! There are a lot of positive feedbacks!’

‘Yes! It’s also because of you. You look really gorgeous!’

 

OH GOD. Stop flattering me. You little sweet talker!

I’m speechless.

 

‘Hmmm, Dara. If I may ask do you have something to do today? Do you want to drink hot chocolate in front of the Han River?’ I look at the clock and it’s 1.30 am. Is he even serious about this?

‘Uhmmm, wait. Is it gonna be later morning or right now? Are you asking me for a date?’

‘Right now is good. And yes I am asking you for a date if it’s okay with you.’

 

HE IS SERIOUS. I THINK I CAN FAINT FROM TOO MUCH GIDDYNESS. THIS LEE DONGHAE GUY SURELY KNOWS HOW TO TALK. WHEN DID HE MANAGE TO BE THIS STRAIGHFORWARD?

 

‘Uh Dara, are you still there?’

‘oh okay! What time??’

‘2am?! Are you sleepy? Cause we can have it later!’

‘No! Let’s do it now. This time is perfect. I’ll text you my address! See you!’

‘See you! Take care. Wait for me.’

‘Yes sure!’

 

I HAVE A DATE! I HAVE A DATE! I HAVE A DATEEEEEEE!

AND IT’S LEE DONGHAE! OH GOD!

 

He picked me up at my address. He was just wearing a casual white shirt over a cardigan, black pants, a black mask and cap. And he’s holding a bouquet of sunflower on his right hand and drinks on his left.

Wow! When did he get all these?

 

“Hi!” he smiled and gave me the bouquet as soon as I reach him.

“Hello!” I smiled back and look at the flowers. “it’s beautiful. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Lets go? It’s cold.”

“Yup!”

 

Hae is really a gentleman, he opened the car door for me. He also adjusted everything on his car, the scent inside is really good. This guy is really an ideal type to date with. He even asked me for my type of music so that I won’t get bored with the ride. He doesn’t talk a lot. I can still feel that he’s adjusting and is so careful with the words that he will say.

 

“So why did you ask me out at this time?” I can’t help but asked. My curious self is at it again.

“I just think it’s the perfect time. And uhhhhh --- its Valentines Day!” he smiled, his face still on the road. I stared at him and even in lowlight I can see that his ears are turning red. Is he blushing again?

“Oh. So you wanted to spend Valentines Day with me huh?” I more.

I saw him froze for a second and covered his face with his palm. Then he grin, “YES!” and looked at me.

 

And this time it’s me who just got tongue tied! His attention now is focus on the road and I just got back to my senses when the car stops. I suddenly open the door and went out. That is so unexpected!!! OHMYGOD!

 

“Hey Dara, are you okay? Is there something wrong?” he went to my side with a worried look.

“I’m fine. HAHAHA where’s my chocolate drink?”

“Ow. Hold on.” He went back to the car and im so glad coz I have enough time to breath. After a minute, he’s already back with the drink with him. “Here! Your favorite!”

“Thank you!” I sip the drink and it gave me the warm I needed the most. I felt relaxed just by drinking it. I started walking and looking for a chair. He’s just beside me not talking, enjoying the calm and silence that envelopes us.

“Aren’t you cold?” he suddenly asked. “You didn’t wear any jacket. I heard you easily get cold.”

“Well there is this drink!” I waved him the cup.

“Wait, it’s not enough. Here!” he removed his cardigan and put it on my shoulder. “I think I have warmer in the car. So just use this, I don’t want you to get sick.”

“Whoah! Thank you so much! Didn’t know you can be this gentleman.”  I laugh. He laughed as well.

“I am. Now, let’s enjoy the view in front of us.”

There’s really no view.” I stared at the river.

“There is.”

“Oh? The river?” My attention is still focus on the river and the lights on the other side.

“Yes and you!” he said. I glanced at him and he is staring at me and smiling.

“Hmmm.” I smiled. AGAIN, I AM SPEECHLESS!

 

For a minute I keep on thinking what to ask or what to say so I opted for the best conversation starter, “How are you Hae?”

“I’m doing well. More happy than before. And you Dara?”

“I am doing well too. Looking better than the first time we met.” I laughed.

“I can see that. I’m happy you already moved on from the remnants of the past.”

“Yeah. You? Are you dating someone now? You mention before you’re not good with girls.” I glanced at him he was looking at the river, his hands in his pockets plus the cold breeze swaying his hair. At his state he looks like someone having a photoshoot at the middle of night. I suddenly saw him chuckle and glanced at me.

“Did I said that? I can’t remember. Well, I am dating now.” He looked straight to my eyes.

“OMMO! So you have a girl? Then why did you ask me out?” I felt my chest tightened a bit. The heck with this guy!!!

“No. I am with a girl now. So I am talking about NOW, at this time. I AM DATING YOU!” He said the last words in a low voice but enough for me to hear it clearly. He smiled and I can see the sincerity on that smile.

“Hmmmm. HA-HA-HA I see.” I am fanning myself. Why is it starting to get hot here?

“Am I making you uncomfortable?”

“No. Hahaha I just don’t know what to say. I am used to a shy Lee Donghae.” I awkwardly laugh. “But don’t mind me. Hahaha”

“So you actually think that I asked you out even if I’m dating another girl?”

“Yes”

“Im not that kind of guy. I am loyal and faithful to only one.” He seriously said and stared at my eyes.

“Lucky girl!”

“No. I am the lucky one coz that girl did not reject me immediately when I tried to ask her out!”

“Huh?”

“I am saying that I am lucky coz you are here with me.”

“Yeah lucky you!” I nodded and laugh.

“Hahaha! Yeah, lucky me. Thank you Dara!”

“For what?”

“For saying yes? For not rejecting my invitation at this hour!”

“Awwwwww! You are welcome. Thanks too! For the flowers and this hot choco and for making me smile this morning! I thought my Valentines Day will start with me being bitter.”

“You are really too honest!” he laugh. “Happy Valentines Day Dara!”

 

And then voilaaaaa! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! I suddenly saw fireworks fly up in the sky. They are real fireworks! WHOAAAAAAAH! Is this a dream? NO! I AM NOT DREAMING! THEY ARE REAL!

 

“Lets start dating?” he said with his serious look.

 

And in that moment, I hugged LEE DONGHAE without hesitation, with me being sober and with me overflowing with happiness.