Always Be My Baby

HaeSica One-Shot/SongFic (Compilation)

 

“Let’s break up”

 

That was her last words before she walked away, leaving him alone in the middle of the night, soaking wet under the rain as his tears fall non-stop. He was hurt so much, but he understands why she did that. She had no choice, and he’s only pulling her back. No matter what, he still believes that she will be back.

 

We’ll linger on~

Time can’t erase a feeling this strong

No way you’re never gonna shake me

Oh darling cause you’ll always be my baby

 

Donghae turned off the radio and stands, sighing as he walks to the window. It’s been three years since he last saw her. They have no communication whatsoever, he thought, she might have forgotten him, but here he is, still thinking about her.

He decided to pick up his guitar and strum randomly. It was one of his most prized possessions; it was a gift from her when she found out about his liking for guitar. What makes it more valuable, is that she bought it with her own money.

It was a plain wooden acoustic guitar with the word “I Love You” carved on it. It was the best gift he had received from a girl, apart from his mother.

He hummed as he keeps on strumming, until he keeps on playing that particular song which brings tears to his eyes.

 

“Oppa, can you play something?” she asked as she laid her head on his lap. He caresses her long golden brown hair as they look into each others eyes.

“What do you want me to play?” He asked as he flashes a sweet smile at her.

“Anything, anything you play leaves an impact to me” she giggled. He shook his head as he chuckles at her cuteness. He just wanted to stay like this forever. Him sitting on the bench as she lay on his lap, watching the leaves fall from the trees behind them, listening to the chirping of the birds, enjoying the warm breeze of the grasses, it’s perfect.

 

She straightened herself and seated beside him, leaning her head against his shoulder as he began to strum. They began singing along the melody of “Falling Slowly”, they both really like singing in together. His voice, which is husky and her voice, which is so soft and so soothing, they made a good harmony.

 

Donghae strum the strings for the last part. He felt his cheeks wet from all the crying. No matter how much he pushed himself to forget her he just can’t. He still loves her, and that’s one fact.

 

Donghae decided to stroll along the park, he might be stupid but this is where they used to hangout. It’s all renovated now. Before there were only a couple of benches and some lamp posts and numerous trees; now it has a children playground, a bicycle section, and a fountain in the central part. It became a famous park now, unlike before, people barely stop here.

Donghae watches the children as they battled each other with who’s going to slide first. Some are playing on the swing, while the one pushing is waiting patiently for his or her turn. There are also a couple of children who are bicycling while some are eating either ice cream or cotton candy. Donghae smiles.

 

“We should bring our children here” She said as they walk hand in hand. It was Christmas Eve and here they are strolling along the park, making snowballs and threw them randomly around the park, they have also created a gigantic snowman that was partly most of his doings.

“Of course, it’s a special place for us” he answered squishing her hand gently as the latter giggled and blush.

“I love you oppa”

“I love you too”

 

“Do—Donghae-oppa?” a voice made him leave his thoughts and return to reality. He whipped his head and he felt his body weaken. After so many years, he can’t believe he’s seeing her again. Nothing much changed, except she looks so matured now.

“Si—Sica?” He manage to say even though he can feel his voice cracking up, ready to break down any minute now. The latter nodded, just as surprised as he is. “Why are you here?... I mean, weren’t you in America?” he asked, standing from his seat, still dumbfounded.

“I was, but I have decided to return. After all, Korea holds too many precious memories” She answered, drifting her attention towards the children in the park. “So how were you for these past three years?” she asked, now looking at him with a smile plastered on her face.

“Fine I guess, you?”

“Same”

 

They were wrapped in a deadly silence; he still couldn’t believe that after three years he’ll be seeing her again, “I couldn’t recognize this park at first” she started as her eyes were focused on a young little boy who’s waiting on the queue of the slide.

“Yes they renovated quite a lot” he answered, chuckling as his eyes caught the ice cream stand. “Wanna eat ice cream?” He asked but she shook her head.

“Gwaenchana, I’m still full” she refused politely.

 

“Umma!” Called a little boy who’s wearing a stripped blue shirt with a black hat, running towards them.

“Peter” Called Jessica, hugging the young little boy in front of her “Aigoo, your back is all drench with sweat. Umma doesn’t want to hug you! You stink baby!” she said playfully as she wipes Peter’s back.

 

Donghae remained rooted on his position, he called her umma he guess he was too late. He was just gathering up all his courage to confess to her again, after all she was still who he loved. “So… you’re a mother now eh?” he managed to sound casual although he wanted to cry. She simply nodded, expressionless

“Donghae…” her voice trailed off as she watches the young boy run and play again.

“Yes?”

“Are you… Are you married now?” there’s a hesitation on her voice, too afraid to hear his answer, she didn’t dare look at him

Startled by her sudden question he answered “no, not yet” flatly. He gazed at her so intently that she might just melt if she’s an ice or a candle. Nevertheless she keeps her focus on the child “I see…why?”

“Because I am waiting for someone” he answered casually, not taking his eyes off her.

She nodded. “You? You married now? You have a son” he managed to ask neutrally

“No” she answered briskly

“But---“

“Peter is the son of my best friend in America. She gave Peter to me a month later he was born, you see this friend had a cancer, and she was only able to live for a month after she gave birth” she narrated casually. He beams. He cupped her face and their eyes met.

“Sica, I---“

“I know, oppa. I feel the same way too” she flashed her sweetest smile. Without prior notice Donghae pulled her into a hug which she gladly returned.

“I always love you Sica”

“I always too”