Chapter 12

seeking for safety

L.joe pov.

 

When I woke up, it was very dark. After a while my eyes adapted to the dark and I could see the dark room. It was a very small room with one window up high. The only furniture was the bed, which I laid on. I didn't know how I came here or how long I had slept. I suspected that they drugged me and brought me here, and I could have slept a day or maybe more. My muscle felt numb, I couldn't even move one finger or get up from the bed to inspect the room if I could escape from here.

*click*the door went open.  A boy looked in to the room, as soon as I looked in his eyes, he locked the door again. Not much later the door went open again and a big man stepped in the room.

“See who is here,” the man said with a grin. “If that isn’t our lovely Joe.”

I wanted to speak but I couldn’t make a sound as my mouth was dry and my muscle didn't move. “You can't speak because of the drug. It isn't worked out, yet” he said. “ROBBY, GET A CHAIR!!” he screamed to the boy in the hallway. The boy came with a chair and the man sat down.

He lighted up a cigar and sat cross-legged like he had a relaxed conversation with friends.

“Now I want a good talk with you,” he said with his cigar between his lips and grinned.

“Tell me, why did you run away? And betrayed  your gang? Who raised you, gave you an house and food?” He paused after every phrase and articulated every word very slowly, like I was deaf or a moron. After he paused a few minutes he began to speak again. This time with anger in his voice and a lot faster than first. “No what I don't want you answer. What your reasons are you'll face a severe pun..” before he could finished his sentence he was interrupted by the boy called Robby. “Boss”  was all I could hear him whisper in the man his ear. It seemed very urgent, because he left the room without saying any word of warning to me before he left the room, but unfortunatelyIcould hear the sound of the lock on the door.

‘ChanHee, I want to escape again, I want you in my arms’I thought, frightened about my punishment. Suddenly I had an escape plan, but therefor I have to be still in South Korea. Otherwise I’ll be caught at the border.

 

Chunji pov.

 

*Tringgg, tringg*

We all looked startle to the door.

“Could it be…”I said while I ran to the door.  “It’s you” I said with disappointed voice when I opened the door and found my father.

“What do you want?”

“You could ask that a lot nicer to your dad who you haven’t see in a while.”

“Alright come inside,” I said unfriendly.

“Chunji, who is this?” Ricky asked.

“Guys this is my dad , eh dad this is Ricky, Changjo, Niel and C.A.P-hyung”

I introduced every one.

“So you’re now called Chunji,” my father stated.

“Yeah, do you want something to drink?” I asked to be polite, but I really wanted to push my dad out the door, and search future for ByungHun. I miss him so much, every time I don’t search I feel I waste my time.

“No thanks, I don’t want to stay long.” He answered to my relief. But the next question terrified me.

“Where is ByungHun-ah?”  my face became pale and I stayed silence.

“Omo ChanHee what happened, where is he?” my father asked concerned.

“Lee-ssi, L.Joe got kidnapped by member of his old gang a few days ago,” C.A.P-hyung answered.

“Aigoo, I see I was too late then.”

“Why? Do you have some news?”

“Yes, I wanted to ask ByungHun-ah to come with me so he could receive his asylum.”

“Wait, does that mean L.Joe is legally a South Korean?” Changjo asked.

“You’re right, he got an asylum. The government screened through ByungHun-ah’s past and they think he is in danger when he go back to North Korea.”

“WOAHH!!!” everyone screamed expect for me. “you took too long! Now is ByungHun gone and I don't know  if I’m able to see him ever again and alive!” I cried hysterically. My father was obviously affected by the way I accused him of what had happened to ByungHun.

“I’ll go to the police, I’ve some contacts and I hope they will help and find ByungHun-ah,” he said before he ran out of the door.

 

A few days had passed and we didn’t hear anything from my father nor the police, as I expected. But even so I got more and more worried, I felt sick and didn’t want to eat anything, the world is just too dark without ByungHun.

 

Niel pov.

 

“Nae, C.A.P-hyung what should we do? Chunji-hyung is like a living dead and the fans started to worry too. They haven't seen L.Joe-hyung  for quite a long time and we can't say he is forever ill.” I spoke my worries out when we sat on the kitchen table.

“I don't know. Maybe we can go and look for him again.”

“Yeah but where do we look, we don't have any idea where L.Joe-hyung is and of he's still in south korea.”

“You're right,” we thought about it in silence.

“Do you think L.Joe’s gang is the same as the one your parents investigated?” C.A.P-hyung asked.

“I don’t know, and even so I don’t know where they hid.” I said with pain in my voice.

My parents were journalists/spies for the government. This was a dangerous job, but they loved for their job and they did everything to succeed. I really admired them for their courage. When they received a mission to investigate a North Korea gang, who had connection in South Korea, they made a mistake and were taken as hostages by the drugs gang. Not much longer the government received a video were my parents were killed. I was then 10 years old. C.A.P-hyung my head a pulled my in a tight hug. “You know, I’ll always be there for you,” he said and kissed my forehead. He knew of my parents and what pain I had felt from their dead.

 

 

“Aigoo, why this gloomy atmosphere?” Changjo asked while he entered the kitchen with Ricky.

“We were thinking if we could do something to find L.Joe,” C.A.P-hyung answered.

“But we don't know anything and we're very worried, also Chunji is like a living dead, he doesn’t want to eat and doesn’t come out of his room anymore.”

“I know,  we thought about the same,” Ricky answered. We were silence for a time, then we heard the Doorbell. Without wasting any time I ran to the door. ‘Maybe it's L.Joe-hyun,’  I thought. When I opened the door I saw two police men.

“Hello, does here live Lee ByungHun-ssi?”The right man asked.

“Yes, why?”

“We've found a young man at the border without any papers , we think he is Lee ByungHun-ssi.”

“How do you know?”

“Because we received a request to seek for Lee ByungHun-ssi and this man fits the description of Lee ByungHun-ssi .”

I was surprised that the police actually found L.Joe and so soon, I hadn’t expected.

“Where is he now?” I quickly asked.

“He's at the police station, can you come?”

“De, I'll call my friends,” I was so happy that I couldn't talk normal anymore.

“G-guys there a-are p-police men who said they found L.Joe-hyung!! We've to go now,”  I screamed while I ran to Chunji-hyung's room.

“Hyung I've greats news. The police said they've found L.Joe-hyung, we've to go to L.Joe-hyung now.” I screamed while I entered the dark room and found hyung sleeping on his bed.

“Bwo, Chinja?” The helpless boy asked bewilderedly.

“Yeah it's true! He's really back.” I said and tugged him out of his bed.

“It isn’t a lie, right?”

“Noooo it's true! Come on!”I dragged him out of the house and we went inside the police car. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n Yeayy new chapter!!! ^0^

Ps. Comments and subscribers are very, very loved <3