Celebration.

Imperator's eyes

What is this?

Morning light as always crept into the room. Curtains were close but little line of sunlight was sliding The boy’s face. He opened his eyes. Head felt a bit heavy because of the amount of sleep he had. Since Soo entered the castle he rested well approximately three nights. Even though now he was free as long as prince don’t call him out the boy didn’t feel too much comfortable. For sure he was the servant and people around treated him as a servant. This is wasn’t a new thing for Soo. But elite and royalty not a clients in shoe shop. They knew their place and insisted on Soo’s too. Those majestic people were in their own environment and they didn’t want to share it. 

It wasn’t only about elite but also about other servants. Some of them looked at Kyungsoo with disgust. If you want to be a servant of royal family you should train for at least three years. And even this not a guarantee that you would be chosen. People who get in there throughout  the hard work despised someone like Kyungsoo. He just went in and became prince’s personal servant . Specifically the only one personal servant. Well, there were also Jongin crew but they were more like retinue. So somehow Soo got himself such an outstanding position. The servants were pissed. As it is normally practiced in castles nobody openly shown enmity but Soo could feel these jealous eyes on him in the diner room. This kind of pressure made boy felt uncomfortable. He stayed in the palace only because of his good salary. The boy’s family just started getting out of poverty circle and he couldn’t leave right now.

Soo opened his eyes. Last night as often didn’t bring the rest. Never mind. Soo lowkey got used to it. His mind brought back pictures from last night dreams. « What a stupid thing. » - thought Kyungsoo recalling images of his touching the prince’s face. «Why my mind even came up with this?»

Soo stood up. And then he remembered that it wasn’t a dream. He actually did touch the  prince’s face. His legs didn’t want to hold Soo’s body anymore and he fell back in the bed. How he even dared to touch future imperator with his peasant’s hands? If he is the personal servant it didn’t give him an ability to just touch the prince.

That’s it. There is no possibility for Soo to get away with it.

 

Another hour went by but the boy couldn’t get up. He didn’t want to face his punishment so he better just stay in bed until they came for him.

Somebody knocked on the door. Soo got up and slowly got closer to it. That would be easier for him to just accept his destiny. Life is tough place and sometimes it goes not the way people want.And Soo knew it from childhood experience.

When the door was open Soo got to see missis Min.

-Why are you still in here? Did you forget that today royal family hold a dinner in honor of future imperator and his bride? I need your help. Immediately get ready. I’m waiting you in the kitchen.

Celebration. Maybe it will be Soo’s pass card on punishment? Imperator never execute anyone on celebration days. 

The boy put on his clothes and run to the kitchen. There were insanely many people. On the dinner were invited at least three hundred people from every single part of empire. Today imperator will be celebrating his son choice and announce wedding date. It was a huge event and it required a lot of attractions and royalty dinner. This year the number of guests was the biggest in history. Everyone wanted to take a look at the amazingly beautiful royal couple. 

Missis Min set Soo making deserts. He really enjoyed doing it before but today the boy was slow because of stress. Not only he had his nightmare happened in real life but people around were hurrying him up. That was a good opportunity for Soo’s detractors for put him down.

The boy couldn’t keep up with a temp in the kitchen. Missis Min noticed that and she changed Soo’s task. As the dinner had began guests needed a lot of attention so old woman sent the boy to take out food in the dinner hall. Soo didn’t want to do that. That was the prince’s celebration and he definitely was in there. The boy didn’t want to meet Jongin but Missis Min insisted. Anyways in a hall too much people. How can Future imperator spot one little servant?

The room was full go guests. It looked like a huge box full of jewelry. Everyone was dressed up as requiring status of the elite. Diamond rings, golden chains, enormous hairstyles and every single type of dress you can come up with. Young girls looked like beautiful dolls waiting for rich men to pay attention to them. Old women were checking each other outfits. Important ministers were discussing some projects with imperator.  And there, in the middle of the huge table sat Jongin. He wore special celebrating outfit in which he looked more like picture than real human being. Next to him sat his bride, Krystal. She looked not less majestic then her future husband. Her hair was gathered on the back of her head. The dress showed Krystal’s beautiful neck and that wasn’t surprising that she captivated a lot of eyes. The girl impressed even Kyungsoo though he found her beauty too much cold.

Soo held huge dish with grilled goose on it. He tried to be as unnoticeable as it possible in this crowd. But people didn’t even look at him so Soo got a little bit more relaxed. He entered the room with five other servants. They were putting their dishes in the middle of the table. Soo was the last one in a row of servants. When he got closer, someone pushed the boy right onto the dinner table. Goose fell down on some minister’s lap. This attracted people’s attention. The worst of all it did attract prince’s attention. Soo’s scared to death eyes met the prince. He looked pissed. Meanwhile minister was screaming at Kyungsoo and promising him execution. 

Imperator who was pretty drunk already with a laugh said: « We celebrate my son tonight. Let’s not make that upset us.» And he took another sip of the wine. Minister wasn’t satisfied with this decision.

-You will pay for that!

-Minister Wu, this is my personal servant. I will deal with him by myself. Don’t be worried.

- The prince stood up and called for someone. The man who accompanied Soo into Jongin’s room in their first meet came in. With his eyes he ordered Soo to follow him. 

While walking past prince who actually held his gaze at the boy the whole time Soo couldn’t raise his own eyes. Just with side eyesight he noticed that besides Jongin, Krystal was looking at him. Her face didn’t have any type of emotions but it scared Soo even more.

They reached the prince’s chamber. The man said Kyungsoo to wait in here until Jongin come.

This is wasn’t that Soo expected but he sat on the floor. He started getting use to that everything is not going on as it planed. And he again made something so inappropriate. The boy got such an amazing ability and now he just threw it away because of his stupid deeds. Can it get worse at this point?

Soo waited for an hour and a half until the prince opened the door. 

- What were you doing in there? Aren’t you my servant? Why you was doing someone else’s job? - Soo couldn’t see Jongin’s face. His head was on the floor and eye completely shut but the boy could definitely feel that the prince was mad. 

- Your majesty, please forgive me. I didn’t mean to. It’s not going to happen ever again.

His voice was shaking, he was about to cry. The amount of feelings just in one second fall down on him. 

- For goodness sake, can you get up?! - Jongin almost shouted it out.

Soo stood up and tears fell down his face.

- I’m so sorry, your majesty.

Prince got confused. His servant was crying. The look of the Soo’s face made the prince heart squeeze. Jongin came to Kyungsoo and raise his chin.

- Stop it, please. I don’t want to see you like this. It’s tearing me apart.

Kyungsoo was sobbing but touch of prince’s hand made him forget about everything. They stand so close to each other. Soo’s breath became turned and something in his stomach made a flip.

Jongin took a brief look at Soo’s lips and returned to his eyes.

- You are mine. Don’t do anything besides what I’m telling you to do. 

And he let Soo out of his hands. The boy didn’t want to lose this closeness. The feeling inside him was so pleasurable. But it disappeared when Jongin stepped back.

- I want you to stop being afraid of me. And the next time I need you please don’t be on your knees. You’re not a peasant. Now go to your room.

Doors opened and Soo left. He didn’t want to because the feeling of misery overwhelmed him when he stepped out. Kyungsoo didn’t want to cry like a baby but he couldn’t help it. And beside that he felt disappointed. He didn’t know why exactly but it was about the prince. Every single of their meet ended the same way and that wasn’t a good ending. It would be much easier if prince looked down at him as everyone else did. But prince always gave him worm look even now after his another mistake. And Soo didn’t want to let it go.