Contact.

Imperator's eyes

Two servants opened doors for Kyungsoo. The man who accompanied the boy left before Soo even realized that. He entered prince’s chamber and got surprised because there were no one. Soo looked around. The room was not big but every piece of furniture suited title of its inhabitant perfectly. There were huge bed with silk sheets, small table for writing in a corner, few drawers probably full of clothes and candles. They almost burned out so it was slightly dark in the room. When Soo finessed his observation he heard a sound of falling water and he finally noticed a small door in the wall. That apparently was a bathroom.

 Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do so he just sat on the floor. His heart was rushing because obscurity always has been making boy scared. Five minutes later three servants left the bathroom. The sound of water disappeared and so Soo’s ability to breath. Few internal seconds went by before prince came in. Kyungsoo immediately bent down to the floor. 

 - Get up. - Jongin sat on a bed.

Soo’s legs felt a little bit heavier then normally but he got up. The boy stood there with his eyes glued to the floor. He heard how that smirk touched prince’s lips.

-You can look at me.

Slowly Soo raised his eye. He couldn’t look directly at prince’s face so he stopped at his body. Jongin wore red silk robe which showed prince’s neck and chest. His amazingly beautiful skin looked like pure gold under burned out candle's light. Soo felt that his face turned the same color as prince’s robe. At that time future imperator couldn’t help but laugh.

- It’s so easy to make you blush. Look at my face already.

Soo tried to regain his confidence and he raised his eyes higher. When their faces finally met Kyungsoo lost it. That deep ocean of night sky captivated his mind once again. He felt electric discharges on his skin. That didn’t seem right. For a second when Soo’s mind returned to his body the boy wondered if Jongin felt it too. But prince face looked relaxed and unbothered.

- Are you going to just stand there?

Soo finally came to his sense. He realized that he was staring in future imperator’s eyes. Boy’s face flushed with increase intensity. He is just a servant. How he dare to look at prince like that.

-I’m sorry. - Soo intensely bowed. - What your majesty wants?

-What I want? - Prince got up and came closer. - Isn’t it obvious?

Jongin stand so close that Soo could hear the smell of the prince’s body. Roses. Soo started shaking. What does it mean?

-I’m sorry. I’m not sure.

Jongin stepped a little bit closer making Soo completely lose his mind. His muscles were tensed and his heart was about to jump out of his chest. And then the prince laughed. He returned back to his bed and sat.

- Aren’t you my personal shoemaker? I think you should measure my feet.

 Soo felt stupid. What he even thought about? 

- Yes, for sure. I’m sorry, your majesty.

- Stop apologizing already. There, on the table. 

Soo took measuring instruments, came back to the bed and bent his knees. Jongin meanwhile freed his foot from sleepers. Kyungsoo gently  grabbed the foot. A touch of the prince’s skin with his palm made the boy loudly exhale. It was so soft and warm. Poor boy lost in a feelings started shaking. 

- Am I scaring you? - Jongin grabbed Soo’s hand. - Don’t be afraid. I’m not gonna hurt you. 

Their faces met again. Soo noticed that prince’s eyes this time were worm so the boy relaxed. They looked at each other without any thoughts inside their heads.  Even though Jongin cut their contact really fast Soo continued  staring at him until the realization hit him. The boy turned his mind back to the prince’s feet. Kyungsoo wanted to finish it as soon as possible even though he oddly enjoyed the closeness with the prince. Jongin just with the simple look could make him flash like a candle. That felt so wrong. 

 Boy measured Jongin feet and made some  marks in his head. Then he put instruments back on the table. 

-Your majesty, may I leave now?

- Yes.

Soo turned around to leave but Jongin grabbed his hand again and dragged him closer. That was intimidating. The boy wasn’t ready for this so he just stared right at the Jongin.

- You have beautiful eyes.

Before even realize Kyungsoo answered:’You too.’ 

Prince face got darker. Soo thought that something is going to happened but Jongin just let him.

- Go.

With hand movement imperator ordered open the door. Soo left the room really fast. A lot of things about this situation confused the boy. When the door was close he turned to take a last look at the chamber and then he went back to his bedroom.

That night Soo slept bad because of all of the thoughts inside his mind. Everything seemed wrong. Why Jongin said that his eyes beautiful? How he, a shoemaker, dared to say to the prince of their empire that his eyes are beautiful too. And the way Jongin face changed after that very scared the boy. To be honest, it wouldn’t be surprising if tomorrow Kyungsoo would be punished.

Soo didn’t know how to fell about their first meet. Everything what happened seemed weird for him. Especially prince’s treatment. Is he always act like that? Or maybe that was because of Kyungsoo? No, that can’t be. That’s too ridiculous.    

When Soo’s thoughts were interrupted by the sleep he had the same dream over and over again.  It was about him drowning in the deep black ocean. Soo wasn’t sure if that was water or night sky but it definitely crept inside his body. It didn’t hurt. It was warm. But still Soo couldn’t breath at all. He just let the substance in his body and it filled every cell in there. Soo was sure that he already saw this substance somewhere but didn’t remember where. It did bother the boy’s mind until he felt in another restless dream where he stayed up until  the next morning.