Wife for the prince.

Imperator's eyes

    Soo stared for a second at a ceiling. Another day started, again. Last 15 years he spend in capitol working as much as person possibly can. Lovely and friendly owner had been hold Kyung as apprentice for 5 years. He taught Soo everything he know about his work, any knowledge that he had owner gave to little boy. Those times when they were working together was fantastic experience for Kyungsoo. For sure Soo did a lot of work, but everything that owner give him instead repaid all effort that were put by him. But those days are gone. Sweet old man past away soon after Soo become a full master and his shop moved to owner’s older son. That guy was nothing like his father. He was something around thirty - forty years old and he hated Soo with all of his heart. Little boy became for owner a son that he always dreamt about. For sure for twenty years old guy that was painful. Every time they were at shop alone owners son was starting fights even though little Soo wasn’t conflicted at all. Those moments were pretty rare because owner loved spend time with Kyung. 

Now new owner decide that its going to be really fare to make Soo’s life a  living hell. For sure, Kyungsoo could leave this work but his family after all these years still needed his help so he  didn’t have a right to gave up. As for new owner the reason he didn’t fire Soo was his father last will. And even though he never felt fathers love he still admired and respected him. And for sure he wanted punish little Soo.

 

So this is how life was going. Every morning was a start to another hard day for Kyungsoo but he wasn’t complaining. He knew that life isn’t a fairytale where everything is ending with happy end. 

He stood up. Soo barely could open his eyes because yesterday owner give him extra work upon that huge amount that he already got. Soo hurried to make all preparations before owner woke up. Every morning he had to make him breakfast, go buy groceries and clean shop. So everyday their working place looked attractive for customers. Besides all that this day city held celebration in a name of older son of imperator. That was a day when he turned 20 so he had to choose a bride for himself. That was a rule for future imperators. That was a huge celebration because every women in a capital had ability cut prince’s attention. Most of the times princes made a choices in favor of girls from noble families. Most but not all the times.  For Soo’s owner that was amazing opportunity to sell his most expensive shoes which meant that boy was going to work since early morning till late night.

He already finished his everyday routing and opened shop. Despite early hour a lot of young women already started attending shop. By 1 am Soo sold at least sixteen pairs of shoes and only then owner decide to appear.

-I’m heading to center. Don’t you dare leave working place while I’m out. - he grubbed the money from cashbox and left.

Soo didn’t even take a look at him. He knew that owner probably would return late at night, maybe drunk. It didn’t bothered Kyungsoo unless owner is going to beat him. That wasn’t a constant thing but sometimes it did happened.

Next two hours was pretty busy and than closer to five o’clock all customers disappeared. Celebration was about to start so all women went to main square. Soo wasn’t sure if he really should stay in shop as there wasn’t anyone, even in a street. He decided that he can also attend celebration. Soo anyways going to be at shop earlier than owner so it’s not a problem.

Boy didn’t remember when was the last time when he attended any kind of celebration. Soo didn’t even get a day off at his own birthday. So he had opportunity to go out and he took it.

 

Main square was placed five streets farther from place where Soo’s shop was placed. It took approximately fifteen minutes for Kyungsoo reach his destination. He was pretty surprised by amount of people in square. A lot of young girls and their families was standing there waiting for prince. For sure every single one of them really wanted to become a wife of future imperator but it wasn’t only about title. Soo heard a lot about prince as he was helping rich girls to pick shoes. His name was Jongin and he was insanely handsome. Those girls was describing him as tall god with bronze skin. His eyes darker than night and his smile brighter than sun. Soo thought that they just a stupid spoiled girls who don’t have nothing to do in life besides talking rumors. So he wasn’t interested in what they were talking about. But today he was a little bit curious if prince really as beautiful as he was described.

Kyung looked a little bit odd in his shoesaller uniform in this crowd full of majestic girls. Their outfits were screaming money and they were look like dolls. Soo didn’t really care about his look because he didn’t owned any type of proper clothes for celebrations and he was not only person who didn’t blend in this cowed.

He was wondering around not knowing where to go. After few minutes he find a really good spot besides rich girls pretty close to prince’s pedestal. He felt uncomfortable in there because women around was looking at him with disgust. Soo had a thought to leave but he didn’t has time to do that because celebration started. He decided that he is going to become as small as it possible and disappear after he took a look at prince’s choice.

Loud music started to play from every corner of square and ministers walked in pedestal near prince spot. Immediately it became so silent that Soo could hear bird’s wings in the skies. Everyone prepared to greet prince. Young girls and their mothers around square were behold. Soo prepared too not knowing for what.

And then it started. People who occupied pedestal stepped aside. Little crew of young mans entered place. That was personal servants of prince. They all were chose from most nobel and impactful families by imperator himself to his son. Right after them between two high importance ministers appeared prince. At that moment you could hear how all girls at square loud inhaled. Soo didn’t noticed that he held his breath for a second too. Jongin wasn’t the way he was described. He was thousand times prettier. He looked like a description of word majestic. His skin was beautifully shining in sun. Features of his face looked like something that you can read in books when author tries to describe beauty. 

He is perfect - exhaled Soo. Nobody herd him but everyone had the same thought on their minds.

Prince headed to his throne beside all those nobel people around. Kyung stand really close to pedestal so he had ability to take better look at prince. Closer he looked even more perfect if its possible but prince’s face didn’t had any emotions. He looked like a statue on his throne. Soo had thought that probably prince not interested in finding a bride but that was a tradition so he couldn’t resist.

Mouthpiece of imperator stepped forward.

-People of capital, you brought your daughter to present them to our prince. He will choose the most dignified woman out of all. Let them all step closer to pedestal. 

Prince still had this frozen face. He didn’t even take a look around until young girls start chaotically move forward. Soo had a thought that it actually entertained prince. He turned his head from one part of square to another without focusing on anything.

Soo position started chance. Because of movement behind him crowd started move forward and Soo with them. He freaked out. He was too close to pedestal. it was weird because he apparently wasn’t claim to be a bride. But crowd didn’t see him so he just went with flow.

When whole chaos finally stopped he found himself among girls right in front of prince.      

  Even though prince wasn’t look anywhere close Soo, he felt uncomfortable. Ne decide that his tactic of being unnoticeable at this close distance wouldn’t work but Kyung tried his best.

Jongin’s eyes was sliding from one face to another didn’t bother to stop at anyone. He examined everyone in a back even though he deffinately was not interested in it. His eyes  went down to pedestal formation. It was a place for most majestic women of capitol. For sure this is was the spot where most of empresses came from. Soo thought that if prince would see him in there he will be pissed just like boy tries to play a joke on future imperator. Poor guy was scared. Prince was lazy study girls in place where Soo was standing. He again wasn’t impressed by anyone but then he spotted Soo. He’s eyes stopped. Kyungsoo’s heart  immediately dropped. And then their eyes met. Besides fear of being executed Soo was captivated by prince’s gaze. His eyes was actually insanely dark and taller boy easily lost in them. Soo couldn’t think literally at all as he was drowning in those dark ocean. They both hold this eye contact for solid eternity until Soo got absolutely freaked out. He run right through the crowd without even thinking how disrespectful it was . When he reached half way through square he turned head for a second. He became even more scared when he got to see that prince still be looking at him with something like a smirk. What was the most odd  about this whole situations that nobody noticed that. Every girl thought that smirk was for her but Kyungsoo could feel how Jongin’s eyes was burning his face. His fear escalated more and he started running again. Out of square he didn’t stop even for a second  and run right back to shop. He was suffocating, his lungs was begging for more oxygen. In shop he just fell on the floor and stared at ceiling. Soo was blaming himself for this whole situation. He could and should stayed at shop. 

-Why are you so stupid?- Soo exclaimed in empty shop.

The thought of punishment possessed his head but it wasn’t just it. Something else was haunted his mind. That was Jongin and his eyes. His fantastically beautiful eyes.