Fear.

Imperator's eyes

On a next day Kyungsoo felt dizzy. His arms were shaking while he was doing his everyday routine. Yesterday he didn’t close eyes even for a minute and stayed up all night staring at the wall. Luckily, owner came back home almost in the morning so he didn’t even remember about Soo.

That day he as always opened shop and serviced customers. With the very first women that came in he got the news about yesterday celebration. Prince did choose a girl from Jeong family that was probably the most impactful family in the whole empire. Her name was Krystal. The girl’s father managed almost every manufacture and mining at more than half of cities around the county. Besides all of her wealth she actually was really beautiful and majestic young lady. Her face did have this type of cold beauty that makes you be scared of her and at the same time it gives you a desire to worship her. Krystal was the only one child in Jeong family which meant that she automatically was the heir. Men would kill just to get her attention. Jeong Krystal was unreachable for anyone. Besides prince, for sure. People have said that Jongin was going to choose her anyway because she was perfect for him. Krystal was maybe not at the same level as future imperator but at least really close to him.

To be honest, Soo wasn’t surprise either. She was indeed beautiful. He once saw Krystal with his own eyes when she and her servants attended shoe shop. For sure, as a part of the elite she didn’t take even a brief look at Soo. Instantly came in the owner and jumped around their crew until they left.The boy didn’t like this girl. The only word that was on his mind is spoiled. Soo was a bit jealous of people for who every door is opened. They don’t have to work hard to just stay alive. Aren’t this amazing? 

 These news brought another wave of panic. Any mention of prince recalled in Soo’s memory everything that happened yesterday. For sure, someone else would think that it is not such a big deal. That was just an eye contact. Nothing more. But Kyungsoo couldn’t get it out of his head. He wasn’t completely sure why he was so captivated. Was he attracted to those eyes? No, this is ridiculous. Soo just couldn’t. That wasn’t some next door girl. That was the son of imperator and Kyungsoo had to forget about it like it was a nightmare.

Few days went by and as punishment never came Soo started to forget. It wasn’t that hard because of work. There is no better doctor than good commitment. Fortunately, a lot of new duties laid down on Soo’s shoulders. Next two weeks were official holidays and a lot of women needed to go for a shopping. That meant that their husbands about to spent some money. 

Kyungsoo was helping another lady with shoes when owner came in shop. He looked confuse. In hands he was holding an open letter. Owner looked around until he found Soo and came right straight in his direction. Soo’s hearts made a flip.

- Misses Park, let me steal this young man from you for a minute. - and he grabbed Soo by the hand before old women could say anything. Owner dragged Kyungsoo in pantry.

- What have you done? - he looked more shook than pissed.

- What are you talking about? - Soo’s huge eyes widen even more.

- This is letter from imperator’s service. It says that you should attend palace.

‘That’s it’ thought Soo. There is the punishment that he was so afraid to meet.

- Can you explain me why? - owner hands start shaking. - Did you stole something? No, that’s not enough. Did you killed someone? - his voice cracked. He grubbed Soo’s neck. - What have you done?!

Kyungsoo started suffocating. Tears falling down his face.

- I didn’t do anything. Please stop!

Owner looked at his face and ease a grip.

-Tomorrow you’ll go there and whatever you have done you will bear the punishment. Don’t make me part of your dirty deeds. If it will affect shop i swear to God, i will kill you.

And he let Soo go. Boy run straight out the shop on the street. He wanted run away from this place as far as it possible but he knew that he can’t. Soo stopped in narrow side street and screamed out loud. He couldn’t handle whole baggage that he got. He sat on ground and cried until his eyes started aching. It was getting dark around and so as he had no place to go, he returned to shop. 

Soo silently reached his bed and immediately felt asleep. Too many emotions were swirling in his head. He was too tired to gather them together. So he let them took him to world of nightmares.

 

Next morning Soo woke up with heavy head. His face was red because he cried in sleep. He had a dream about himself trying run away from night creatures. But boy’s legs stoped listen him and he felt right in a hole. It was as dark as night sky and as deep as ocean. Soo already saw it somewhere but he was too tired to try figure it out.

He was up exactly at right time. Soo did it for so long that his body automatically wake up. He stepped in kitchen and got surprise to see there the owner. He never has been up in such early hour. 

- You go right now - He didn’t even turn his head to Kyungsoo which terrified boy.

-But breakfast… - Soo didn’t finish sentence before owner turned at him with hateful gaze.

- I said right now! - last word he shouted at Kyungsoo.

With shaking hands he opened door on the street. While he was on his way to royal palace Soo felt like he about to lose his mind. He knew that execution is waiting for him. And Soo was scared not for his life but for his family. Who would help them?

With all this thoughts he reached the castle. He showed letter to solders and they accompanied Soo to some sort of cabinet. There were a lot of old paintings all over walls. Solders made Kyungsoo sit on the floor in front of table.

Man with long beard came in holding scrolls. He sat against Soo and gathered his dress.

-Do Kyungsoo, I have directives from our prince about you.

Soo started shaking even more than before. His hands wasn’t working at all. Soo didn’t want to die.

- Kyungsoo, prince want you to work for him as his personal shoemaker.

Boy froze. This is exactly opposite of what he expected to happen. Soo had none of the idea what to say. His body was wooden. Tongue resisted moving .

- Do, prince insisted on instant answer. - man’s face was serious so it wasn’t a joke.

Soo looked somewhere in emptiness and more asked then answered:

- I agree.