Toy.

Imperator's eyes

They entered the huge room full of mirrors. The ceiling was so far from the floor that Kyungsoo felt like he is a small bug in a open field. The room was full of sunshine but it still was cold. 

In the middle of room few dancers and Krystal herself was practicing some sort of dance. It’s probably been for the wedding. Movements looked smooth and beautiful. It felt like they were made especially for Krystal. She moved in a dance so sophisticated. Her whole body was felling the temp of music, making the whole process look ethereal. Maybe her smile never looked warm or her eyes always stayed still, Krystal was breathtaking woman. 

Kyungsoo got a little bit captivated by the princess’s moves. Not surprising that Jongin chose this girl. 

He probably would continue to stare at her, but Krystal spotted the boy. She stopped the music with small motion of her hand. Everyone who was in the room, hurried to leave. Even servant that accompanied Kyungsoo took a brief look at the princess and walked out the doors. Another little panic attack came upon the boy. He bend his knees and bowed to the ground. Krystal came closer to Soo.

- So you are the boy. The only personal servant of my future husband. Interesting. 

Kyungsoo didn’t know if he should say anything so he just stayed on the ground, wishing this all to finish.

-Get up.

Slowly Soo returned back at his feet. He unconsciously raised his eyes and met Krystal. She cut this contact instantly by walking deeper into the room.

- How did it happen? How you became Jongin’s servant? Are you really this good at making shoes that even future imperator was impressed by it?

The boy couldn’t see her face, but he felt some kind of bitterness in Krystal’s voice. 

-Don’t answer, this is a rhetorical question. I see why he chose you. Jongin loves everything beautiful. Pictures, jewelry, thoroughbred horses. Maybe we weren’t together for a long time, but it’s easy get to know person like Jongin. He is like an open book. And I always can spot if he likes something.

That terrified little boy. The woman finally looked right at Kyungsoo. Her face as always didn’t represent anything, just a little smirk nothing else. But this looked worse than the angriest face in a world. She knew how to make people love her and she also knew how to make people be afraid of her.

-You are handsome. Huge eyes, big lips, palm face. I’m not surprised he felt for you. 

Soo’s heart made last strike before it stopped. 

- Why are you looking  so scared? - Her face showed a smile. That was even more intimidating that her steel face. - You thought that I wouldn’t know about my fiancé’s little boy? Don’t be afraid anyways. Jongin loose interest very fast. You are just another toy in his hands. Enjoy what you have right now because soon you will lose it. It’s just a fact. 

This conversation took such a disturbing turn and Kyungsoo didn’t have it at all. No matter what this girl said she definitely was frighting him. The air around got even colder than it was before. Soo almost haven’t felt his hands.

-If you have nothing to say you can leave.

For sure Kyungsoo wasn’t the one who steps in the fire by his own will but he gathered his pride and said:

-I’m actually really good shoemaker, your majesty. I easily can prove it to you. And I’m here because of my work, nothing above it. I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but I believe you misunderstood my intentions. My apologies, princess.

- The boy is actually also impudent. - Krystal started laughing. - You’re like the perfect toy for my Jongin. He like this kind of stuff. But don’t you dare talk to me like this ever again. And remember your place, little boy. Now leave.

She turned away from Kyungsoo and continued her practice. Soo immediately left. Conversation or more like Krystal’s monologue gave him a headache.

 

A few weeks went by as if nothing did happen. Kyungsoo was just catching sometimes other servants gazing at him. Probably it was only because of his visit to the princess. A lot of her servants had a long tongue and rumors in the castle were spreading as a virus. At this point it didn’t bother Kyungsoo. Too much bull was going on around him. The only thing that was in Soo priorities - his job. Approximately a week ago the boy received another order from the prince. The wedding shoes. And Soo decided to pour his heart and soul into this work.

Some people would think that shoes aren’t a big field for creativity, but Kyungsoo knew for sure that this is not true. Every single detail played its own role and meant something. Kyungsoo enjoyed doing his job. Maybe if he didn’t like it so much he wouldn’t leave his village, wouldn’t practice for most of his life and never got into the castle. The last one was pretty questionable because most of the times his presence in her was intolerable. But then the boy felt just right. If forget about drama for a minute everything wasn’t that bad. He was doing what he loves and that was the only thing that matter.

When Kyungsoo finished his work, with which he was really satisfied, he went to head servant. The boy made a promise to himself and he didn’t want to see Jongin. Maybe his head normalized kind of, but his heart felt numb. Kyungsoo left shoes to the servant. Maybe that was another disrespectful move from him but the boy didn’t care.

In the evening Soo had a small dinner and went back in his room. The boy was exhausted and none of bad thoughts, who lately possessed his mind, could bother Kyungsoo at this point. Outside the window poured rain and lighting was striking almost every minute. It was cold in castle that night. Soo liked weather like this because it was making his room extra worm and comfortable. It was already late and the only desire Kyungsoo had in his head was just fall asleep. Without nightmares, without bad thoughts and without Jongin.

But as it well known not everything that we want is reachable. Knock on the door and Kyungsoo’s hope disappeared. For sure he didn’t want to open because of the possibility to meet the short man with an intention to accompany the boy to the prince’s chamber. He expected something like this to happen, but didn’t expect this soon. Anyways, he got up feeling sleepy and tired and opened door. To Kyungsoo’s surprise that wasn’t short man. It was a tall figure in a black cloak. He couldn’t see who it was a clearly because of a hood on the stranger’s head. Before the boy realized situation man slowly entered room, making Kyungsoo stepped back. What he, little boy, could do against the stranger? The letter just stepped in the room like this room is his own.

He took off his hood appearing beautiful bronze skin and deep dark eye. Kyungsoo’s face froze with shocked expression. The prince himself was standing in the middle of his room. 

- I want to talk to you.

Kyungsoo freaked out. Jongin, the future imperator, came to his room. Isn’t this insanity? Maybe the boy has already fallen  asleep and just have another dream about prince?

-Your majesty, I …

-No, stop. From now on I want you to talk to me as an equal. Call me Jongin.

-But your majesty…

-Please, Kyungsoo.

His voice sounded like he was begging. The idea of calling prince by the name was unrealistic as the whole situation in general. The boy just couldn’t make himself say in out loud.

-I want you to do it. Call me. - His face was so serious and eyes were directed straight into Soo. 

-Jongin … 

It felt like Kyungsoo pulled some sort of trigger. Prince broke from his spot in Soo’s direction and stopped only when there weren’t any space between them both. The little boy opened his mouth to say something against Jongin’s actions but couldn’t do that because he was shuted down by rough kiss.