Fire.

Imperator's eyes

For a few days Soo literally got nothing to do. As a personal servant he didn’t have any other responsibilities beside the prince’s shoes but apparently Jongin didn’t need new ones yet. So the boy mostly was wondering around trying to use to free life. He really enjoyed it at the begging. The taste of freedom was sugary sweet. In the morning Soo could stay in a bed as long as he wanted to. He didn’t have to make breakfast for anyone. He thought this is what people call happiness. But as the time went by Soo started feeling worried. What kind of work is this when you don’t have to do anything? It bothered boy. After four days of doing nothing he began looking for any kind of occupation. First of all he decided to visit missis Min. They met a few times after their dinner together and Soo got to like an old woman. Maybe at first sight she looked a little bit odd but missis Min was actually really nice. She had been a servant for the royal family for solid twenty years and she definitely knew what is going on around. Soo got to hear from her a lot of stories about people from their environment, about the royal family and about the prince. For sure Soo wasn’t specifically ask about Jongin but somehow a lot of themes related to him was brought up. The boy got to know that Jongin had always been cold. It wasn’t only that time on a square. There just wasn’t anything that thrilled prince. That sounded a little weird for Soo because he saw with his own eyes Jongin’s warmth. His beautiful eyes looked like a downy blanket in which you’d love to be wrapped and never take it off. 

Missis Min was a cook for the royal family. Her talent was undeniable. Every time when Soo was helping Missis Min he saw how exquisite look her dishes. The boy enjoyed staying in the kitchen. Spending time with old women reminded him about old times with his beloved owner. He didn’t want to waste his time so he decided that cooking is the best time spending. 

Two weeks had past and Soo was a bit worries if he really did something wrong when he was in Jongin chamber. Even though he liked cooking it wasn’t his main work and Soo didn’t understand what he had to do. 

Another day came to its end. Soo finished his cooking practice and headed back to the room.  Because it was pretty late Kyungsoo thought that he will went through the huge room occupied by royalty. He actually did it before and never got to meet anyone. At this time idle elite sleeping in their comfortable beds so Soo wasn’t afraid. 

He entered the room and instantly noticed a small fire in the fireplace. For a second he thought that someone just forgot to put it out. Soo got closer to check if there was anyone. His heart dropped when he saw the prince sitting in a chair right in front of the fire. Jongin looked asleep so the boy decided to quietly leave. Soo did his steps as smooth as possible but that wasn’t apparently enough.

- Why are you in here?

Kyungsoo turned his head to see Jongin’s eyes on him. The boy really didn’t want to wake up  the prince because for him it smelled like punishment.

- My apologies, your majesty. I didn’t mean to bother your sleep.

And he bowed down to the floor as servants normally do.

- I asked you what are you doing here. I didn’t ask for your apologies. - he turned his head back to the fire. - Come here.

Soo definitely didn’t feel like  making conversation with the prince but he had to obey so he came to fire.

-Sit. 

The boy turned around to see another chair behind him. He sat on it. Kyungsoo tried to ignore prince’s gaze at him and just felt the warmth of fire. It was too small to give any kind of heat but somehow Soo felt that the temperature of his body increased.

- Kyungsoo …

Such a small thing made his heart rushing again. He heard this name from so many people in his life but they weren’t Jongin. His voice sounded like a honey. Soo enjoyed the prince’s voice in their previous meeting but it didn’t spelt his name before. 

Kyungsoo got a little bit blushed which was uncomfortable. He didn’t want to show the prince his weaknesses. He turned his head from fire right on the door. Soo stand up to leave even though he didn’t get permission. Boy just couldn’t be in this intimidating position. When he opens his mouth to wish prince good night Jongin cut him off.

- Can you stay with me?

Words didn’t  make any sense for Kyungsoo. Why in a world future imperator need his presence? It was awkward. Soo couldn’t reject prince’s desire. He felt that the prince must be really lonely if he needed a stranger presence. The boy sat back and tried to relax. He couldn’t see the cold prince that everybody was talking about. Soo saw insanely beautiful creature with sadness in his eyes. 

They weren’t talking at all. Both of them thought about something far away from this room. It felt like the surrounding world disappeared. There were just two of them and fire. Soo hasn’t even thought that it can be so comfortable with someone who he met a few times in his life. The silence between them was weightless and neither of them felt pressure.

It’s probably been a couple of hours before Soo did noticed that the prince felt asleep. His face looked absolutely calm. Every single of his facial muscles was relaxed. Soo enjoyed this beautiful view when he caught himself on the thought that he want to touch Jongin face. He fought himself for a minute and decide that nothing bad would happen if he just touch the prince’s face. That was madness but Soo got up and came to prince’s chair. Up close the boy could see how under this light Jongin honey skin is glowing. That was honestly breathtaking scene. 

Kyungsoo’s hand was shaking a little but when his palm touched Jongin’s cheek, his fear disappeared. That felt so right just like it was predicted long before it happened. Soo felt a soft breath on his skin. It made the boy shiver.

He wanted to stay like this forever. This closeness felt so comfortable that Soo didn’t noticed how Jongin woke up. Their eyes met making Soo jerked his hand from the prince’s face. Jongin face got darker like it was in the previous time. He made short but loud exhale. Prince looked right into Soo’s soul and he couldn’t even hide from Jongin. 

- You shouldn’t stay even if I ask.

Prince got up without giving another look at Kyungsoo. His voice somehow was full of pain and the warmness that was all around left room with Jongin. Soo felt so lonely as he didn’t feel in a long time. He returned to his room, sat on the bed and cried. It was like prince’s pain leaned on Kyungsoo shoulders and he couldn’t handle it. His head had none of the idea what is going on while his heart was tearing apart. Jongin made him feel so much new emotions without even saying anything and Soo didn’t know why he was so affected by prince.