Escape.

Imperator's eyes

 ‘What did just happen?’ - this was the only thought in the Soo’s mind. He wasn’t prepared for this kind of turn and his head couldn’t process whole situation.The man from palace said Soo to gather his things because his new work required to live right there, with all royal family’s servants. Soo haven’t even asked anything because of shock but when confusion stepped back he first of all felt relief. Nobody was going to punish the boy. Moreover, he got literally the work of the dream. But why did prince himself chose Soo? Boy was sure that there was no possibility of Soo impressing imperator’s son in any way. They met only once and that was confusingly odd . ‘Well, there is a reason for everything.’ - thought Soo. Maybe at that time when Krystal attended their shop she did notice him? Who knows, the boy didn’t care about that. He was finally free. Soo could leave his beloved, but made by his owner unbearable shop. That was a dream that he never admitted he has. 

The boy reached shop in a few minutes. He haven’t even realized that he was almost running. So much feelings were thrilling his heart. Kyungsoo had to gather till tomorrow but he felt he couldn’t wait for so long.The boy entered the shop and found it empty.The owner probably went to market to get drunk with his friends. Soo decided that it’s going to be better to disappear before the owner will turn back. 

The boy didn’t have too many things to pack. More specifically he owned two working outfits and one for a sleep. So gathering lasted not for so long. Soo grabbed some instruments, most of which he made himself and went downstairs. For the second time in this day owner surprised Kyung by his appearance.The owner looked even more confused than Soo. He expected to see the boy with bruises and traces of whip. Or never see him again at all. But boy’s face looked healthy and moreover happy.

- What happened? - the owner come closer to Soo. Boy didn’t bother to answer his questions. Soo walked past the owner to the door but he cut little guy off.

- I don’t know what had happened but you are not going anywhere. Work is waiting. - He grabbed Soo and started walking toward working room.

-No! Let me go. I’m not working for you any longer! - Soo freed his hand and straight up ran out of the shop. He could hear the owner cussing and screaming at him.Man chased Kyungsoo until he ran out of breath but Soo kept running. He was young and full of energy. And also he was free.

 

Solders accompanied Kyungsoo back to palace but this time that was another room. Actually, he was expected tomorrow but as he came, it was decided to introduce boy to his new home. Palace looked majestic from outside but it was nothing compared to what it looked from inside. Ceilings seemed mile away from the floor. Huge paintings were hanging all over the walls. Expensive furniture decorated every corner of corridors and rooms. And gold. Everywhere where Soo could land his eyes on was the gold. This metal was the symbol of royal family. Soo unintentionally remembered prince’s skin. It was glowing exactly the same way as cold.

Boy was deep in those stupid thoughts about prince when they reached Soo’s room. For sure it wasn’t huge and marvelous but it looked pretty comfortable. 

From head servant Soo receive roll with his duties. The main requirement was for Soo to appear any time prince want him to. That was a bit odd for a shoemaker’s duty but royalty can have any kind of weirdness as long as it paid for. Any other time Soo was free to do whatever he wants. That sounded too good to be truth but boy wanted to enjoy this moment. He didn’t  let any thought brought him down.

Head servant left Soo to notify prince about his arrival. Kyungsoo was a bit nervous. What if  the prince will want to see him? ‘There is nothing afraid of. This is my job now’- Soo loudly exhaled and started unpacking. He decided to write letter to his mother as he had a free time. It didn’t take much time and after Kyungsoo lie down for a second and fell asleep. Too many events had happened that day and Soo didn’t want to manage them.

Soo’s dream was interrupted by a knock on his door. That was another imperator’s servant. He said that was time for a dinner.

A place where they came in was huge. Long tables were placed in the middle of the room. There were all of the royal family’s servants and the number of them was countless. Cooks, dishwashers, grooms, personal servants and many others. Soo sat between old woman and young boy. Food on plates looked pretty eatable and then Kyungsoo realized he haven’t eaten for a whole day. He greedily ate everything that was put for him.

Calm down, boy. Food will not escape. - said old woman. - Here, take mine too.

Soo began rejecting but the woman didn’t listen him.

Thank you. - shyly said Soo.

- Eat good. My name is missis Min. And you’re new here?

Soo gave the woman a slight smile.

- Yes. My name Kyungsoo. I’m prince’s new shoemaker.

-Oh, that’s interesting. Prince doesn’t have any personal servants besides his crew. Well, probably our prince grew up. - she rose above Kyungsoo. - Welcome, boy. I will keep my eyes on you. Ask me if you need something.- and after that missis Min left.

Soo finished his meal and headed back to his room. It was already late at night and Soo begun to prepare for a sleep. He heard another knock on his door. Boy assumed that it was one of servants who will give him work for tomorrow. When Soo opened the door he saw short old men.

- Prince wants to see you. - he said it and turned around not even stopped to check if Soo following him. 

When they reached the prince’s chamber doors Soo felt nervous. The boy didn’t  know what expect to but he gathered all of his confidence and decided to show that he deserved this place.