Chapter 6

The Last Time We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sulli, what are you doing with him?" Kai's voice shook, as he stood in place, feeling the weight of his legs drag against the ground.

Sulli was about to walk towards Kai, however, Minho grabbed her arm and kept her by her side. In a drunken voice Minho looked at Kai and said, "What are you doing here?"

Kai slowly walked up towards Minho and slapped him in the face. "How could you kiss my girlfriend like that you drunkard." Taking deep breaths, he then looked down at Sulli and hurtfully added, "And how could you betray me like that." Emphasizing his last words, for they hurt him the most he said, "You allowed him to kiss you. You didn't even try to retaliate."

Walking away from Minho's side, Sulli walked towards Kai. She looked Kai straight into the eye solemnly and said, "Kai, I'm tired of this. Everytime you see me with some other man you go crazy and interrogate me with questions." After sighing she continued, "You jump to conclusions when you don't even hear my side of the story because you are that stubborn. I've tried once, twice, so many times to comply with you." Sulli sighed looking at the ground. In a softer voice, Sulli said, "Sometimes I can't take it."

"How could you––" Kai tried to interject.

Sulli brought up her hand and said, "Let me finish. Yes, we have been dating for nine years, but sometimes I feel like this isn't meant for us." Sulli seemed to think and then finished, "Whenever we're together, it just doesn't feel like it used to." Then, it hit Sulli. "Kai, I'm sorry but I've lost that feeling between us." Leaving a moment of pause, Sulli finally added, "It's gone."

Kai's eyebrows furrowed. "Is this because of that drunk man over there?" Pointing in disgust towards Minho, Kai added, "Did you like him nine years ago?" Running to Minho, Kai punched Minho in the stomach then pushed him onto the brick wall. Minho bent over as he clutched his stomach in pain and threw up some more. Kai continued to kick and thrash at Minho until Sulli came by Minho.

"Kai, stop!" Sulli ran and blocked Kai from hitting Minho anymore. "Kai, you always resolve to violence. You're too hot-headed. Here you go jumping to conclusions again. When did I ever say anything of this has anything to do with Mr. Choi?" Sulli irritatedly replied. "This is all on me. Kai, I can't stop lying to myself. I really don't have that feeling between us anymore." Feeling her stress levels rise with Kai, she added, "Maybe we just need to be apart for a while and see how we feel." Sulli held Kai's hand and quietly said, "I think you'll thank me in the future."

"Sulli, how could you say that? Nine years, Sulli, nine years. You're just going to throw it all away?" Kai harshly removed his hand from Sulli's grasp as he raised his voice. While squinting his eyes he said, "Sulli, it's almost as if I don't recognize you anymore. You've changed...you've changed a lot ever since you started working at Choi Empire."

Sulli sighed and added, "Kai, I'm not the only one who changed. We both have. Nine years can do a lot to a person." Sulli quickly glanced behind her, thinking of Minho. Looking at Kai again, she said, "But, now it's time that we let go." Sulli kissed Kai on the cheek her very last time and said her final good-bye. 

"Sulli!" It was too late, Sulli was out of arms reach.

Kai's legs felt weak. He slowly felt his way to a bench and sat down slumping his shoulders as tears poured out of his eyes. He placed his hands over his eyes to cover the water slowly cascading its way down his face as he curled up into a ball, feeling as if he was a child who was left alone in the midst of everyone else. From a distance, he watched the blurred Sulli walk away with Minho and for one instant, he thought he saw Sulli turn around with one final look of affection before leaving him. He sobbed into his chest, clutching his fists, feeling the weight of heavy tears fall upon his blinking eyelashes. The pain swept over him in waves as his cries were broken apart to recover his breaths, afterwards casting him back into his heartbreak and sorrow. Kai couldn't take it anymore, his emotions were building up and he had to scream. He let it all out through his lungs and screamed the loudest he could, ignoring passing people's judgemental glances. Under his breath he muttered, "Minho, this is all your fault. It's all yours, you will pay," as he punched the bench.

---------------------------

"Sulli, what was that about?" Asked the still drunk Minho who was inanimate as he clutched his stomach.

"Hm?" Asked Sulli who was still in a daze. She looked back at Kai for one final time to see him crying. When she gained her attention back, she replied, "Oh, nothing, just when you wake up, can you forget everything that happened tonight?"

"Why, but we kissed?" Minho innocently replied.

Sulli turned around at Minho and with a bit of anger and flushed cheeks said, "Exactly, forget it." In a quieter tone, she muttered, "I shouldn't have come in the first place."

Minho frowned and watched as Sulli's face seemed to be contorting in pain. "Fine, I'll listen to you. I'll forget what happens tonight, but promise me one thing."

Sulli looked up at Minho and shortly responded, "What?"

"Stay by my side and don't leave me."

Sulli plastered a fake smile while saying, "I promise," even knowing that once Minho woke up the next day, he wouldn't ask for the same assurace and would try to keep as much distance between them as possible. "Now, are you okay after the hit?" Sulli asked in concern as he looked at Minho who was still clutching his stomach.

"I'm fine." Minho added with a light smile. Out of nowhere, Minho added, "I live on Aehoga Chaseon." 

"You're finally telling me your address. Should we grab a taxi?"

Minho shook his head. "No, I can walk to my house. You walk with me."

"You still want to walk?" Sulli asked. Minho nodded childishly and grabbed Sulli's hand. Sulli tried to remove her hand, but Minho's grasp was once again too strong for her to let go.

The rest of the walk was filled with silence. Sulli looked at the ground as Minho would glance over at Sulli and childishly smile to himself. 

---------------------------

Sulli rang the doorbell when they arrived at Minho's house, once again amazed by the mansion's size and the beauty of the front garden.

Jisoon opened the door with surprise. "Oh Jinri, you have Minho?" Jisoon looked down at Sulli's hands, realizing that they were in Minho's grasp. Sulli saw this and instinctively ripped her hand away. Reverting her attention back to Minho, Jisoon lightly said, "I was worried sick about you." Minho walked into the house, leaving a trail of the smell of alcohol behind him. Holding her hand to cover her nose, Jisoon frustratedly mentioned, "Minho, you smell like alcohol." In a firmer voice as she walked up to Minho, she continued, "What did I tell you, no alcohol other than for business." Minho childishly smiled back and then fell on the couch, falling asleep.

To Sulli, Jisoon said, "I'm so sorry Jinri. He must have been a pain to work with."

"It's fine, and call me Sulli." Sulli replied as she closed the door.

"Sulli?" Jisoon tilted her head to the side, for that name sounded very familiar, however she couldn't pinpoint from what. "Anyways, it's already one in the morning. Just stay here for the night." Jisoon gestured.

"No no no. I can't again," Sulli refused.

"Sulli, listen to me." Jisoon said as she pushed Sulli upstairs into the guest room.

---------------------------

Sulli woke up to someone lightly shaking her to wake up. She slowly opened her eyes as her field of vision became clearer. 

"Sulli, you have to wake up." Jisoon lightly shook Sulli as she opened up the curtains, allowing the sunrise to permeate into the room.

Sulli quickly rose from bed when she realized it was Jisoon who was calling for her to wake up. When Jisoon left the room, Sulli looked down at herself. "Wait, why am I not in my house?" Suddenly, the previous night's events began flooding her mind, from the kiss to the breakup. Sulli placed her hands to her forehead as she propped her elbows on her knees. "Aish, my life!" Sulli frustratedly said as she punched the mattress. Sulli glanced over to see another set of clothing for her to wear along with a card that said "keep this". Sulli looked around the room, but Jisoon had already left. Sulli sighed, for Jisoon's kindness was too much for her to repay.

She quickly got dressed and walked down the stairs. Minho was no longer on the couch. Sulli sighed in relief, for she didn't want to meet Minho after last night's events. However, as she walked into the kitchen, Minho was sitting in his usual attire––a suit and neatly combed hair––typing on the computer. When Minho heard footsteps, he looked up thinking that it was Jisoon. 

Minho nearly jumped out of his chair when he saw Sulli. "How'd you get in here?"

Sulli sadly smiled at herself and said, "Jisoon will explain." Sulli prepared Minho some honeywater to soothe his probable headache from the alcohol. Thankfully, the cabinets were labeled and Sulli was able to find everything swiftly.

"What are you doing? A secretary should not be flipping through her boss's kitchen cabinets, nor should she be in his house." Minho angrily stated.

Sulli ignored what Minho said and placed the honeywater near Minho's hand and said, "Drink it. It should help your headache."

Minho squinted his eyes as he said, "How do you know that I have a headache?" Pausing, he added, "What happened last night, and why are you here?" Sulli avoided Minho's eye contact and was about to walk away, but she felt Minho's strong grasp on her wrist. "Tell me exactly what happened. I remember going to WooBar Nightclub and then everything else is blank. How did I get back home? You must've had to do with this."

"I-I-I forgot s-s-something h-h-here. Jisoon s-sent you home." Sulli stuttered. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter