Chapter 10

The Last Time We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Sulli entered the laundry room, she inhaled and exhaled as she looked at Minho's shirt, never ceasing to forget what was before her just a few moments ago. Those well sculpted abs... Disregarding any further thoughts, Sulli tried figuring out the washing machine as she placed his shirt in. Clapping her hands together to discharge any extra laundry detergent, Sulli closed the washing machine's door as she exited the laundry room. Thankfully, no one was left in the kitchen, allowing Sulli to peacefully walk to her room. Leaning against the door, Sulli heaved a sigh 

Entering the room, Sulli spotted a new cell phone sitting on her desk. As she walked up to it, she looked around the room, discerning any signs of someone's presence. Looking back at the phone, Sulli picked it up. On the back of the package, she felt a rough texture of crumbled paper, writing "from Minho". Sulli didn't realize, but her lips curved upwards as her cheeks dimpled. Momentarily hugging the package, Sulli sat foolishly smiling at the phone. Quickly opening up the package, she began setting up her phone, making sure that she would thank Minho later. 

Hearing a knock on her door, Sulli turned around. "How do you like it?" Minho asked as he walked into the room.

Lifting up the phone, Sulli's eyes sparkled as she thanked Minho. "I love it! Thank you so much!" Without thinking, Sulli got up and from her desk and wrapped her arms tightly around Minho, placing her head on his shoulder. Minho stood awkwardly, realizing what was happening. Not knowing how to respond, Minho slowly lifted his arms up to reciprocate the embrace. Knowing that Sulli's arms would leave him soon, he cherished each second.

"Sulli––" Jisoon opened to door to Sulli's room to clean it, however, what she saw cut off the rest of her sentence. 

Minho and Sulli turned to the door, faces full of shock as they quickly stood apart from one another. 

Jisoon cleared as she tried to ease the growing tension. "Sorry for barging in. I will knock next time."

"Jisoon, it's okay." Sulli replied. All she wanted to do right now was to hide in embarassment in a tiny corner where no one could reach her. "How stupid could I be?"

"I will come back later." Without another word, Jisoon left the room.

Looking at the phone again, Sulli was first to speak after a moment of silence. "Anyways, I really like the phone." Typing in her passcode, she asked Minho, "Oppa, I need all the company phone numbers again." Grabbing his phone out of his pocket, Minho transferred the phone numbers over as well as other company information that she needed. 

Abruptly, Minho commented, "Hey Jinri, your name...Sulli..." Minho trailed off his sentence, not knowing how to continue. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, Sulli looked away from Minho's direct eye contact.

"Oh that..." Sulli didn't know how to create an explanation without sounding possessive over Minho. "Remember the card you wrote me?" Minho nodded, urging Sulli to continue. "You gave me the nickname, Sulli. You wrote that I reminded you of the beautiful white snow that falls in America."

"You remembered what I wrote..." Pausing, Minho continued quietly, "...word for word."

Sulli began playing with her fingers, hoping that this conversation would end soon. Sulli chose to be consice as she continued to stare at her hands. "When you left, truth be told, I missed you––I missed you a lot. It felt so weird not having you around the house anymore, it was as if our family lost someone." Taking in a deep breath, Sulli knew she already embarassed herself, so she continued, feeling Minho's eyes watching her. "To keep you in memory and...and by my side, I––"

"Thank you Jinri."

Looking up at Minho, Sulli stammered. "What?"

"Thank you. No one has ever thought me to be so important at that time. I was a twig with glasses and no one––"

"Oppa, what are you talking about?" Sulli's lips parted into a smile as she reminisced to nine years before. "I still remember when we first met. Your personality is what I liked about you then. You were so kind and generous, always helping me with homework and in all taking care of me when I should've been the one hosting you." Sheepishly, Sulli added, "And I don't think there was anything wrong with your appearance then."

Standing before Sulli, Minho had the sudden urge to wrap his arms around her for as long as he could without letting go. Joy tugging at his lips, he replied, "No one has ever said that about me, other than my..." Clearing his throat, Minho forced himself to speak. "Other than my parents." When Sulli only delivered a smile back, Minho chose to change the subject. "Have you notified your parents and brother yet? I'm sure they're worried if they can't contact you."

Shaking her head no, Sulli picked up her phone. "I'll do that right now then."

Pointing to the door, Minho asked, "Do you want me to leave or..." Trailing off his sentence, he waited for Sulli's response.

"You can stay. It doesn't really matter." Dialing in her umma's number, she waited for her umma to pick up.

"Yeoboseyo (hello), who is this?" 

"Umma, it's me, Sulli. I just wanted to––"

Cutting Sulli off, Jiyoung began screaming into the phone, both in relief and anger. "Choi Jinri! How dare you not call me for so long after your house has been on fire. At least notify me about it. Do you know how worried we were for you?"

"Umma, I'm really sorry."

"Then where are you staying right now?"

Looking at Minho, Sulli gripped her phone as she wondered how she'd explain her presence in Minho's house. "Umma, well..." Minho realized that Sulli was in need of his help, so he gestured with his hand to have the phone. Passing the phone to Minho, Sulli waited in unease.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Minho imnida."

"Minho? What are you doing with Sulli?" Jiyoung replied in curiousity. 

"I offered for her to stay over at my house, and don't worry, I will not take advantage of your daughter." Sulli gave Minho a playful glare as he cheekishly smiled back. "I've given her clothing as well as toiletries for the time being so she is safe with me."

"I am so grateful that my daughter has a friend like you. If only she would..." Jiyoung ended her sentence, believing that she had crossed the line. "Nevermind," Jiyoung corrected herself. "Minho, I trust you to take good care of her and tell her that I expect a phone call each day."

"De." Minho hung up the phone as he handed it back to Sulli. "By the way, your umma wants a call everyday."

Sulli chuckled as she placed her phone on the desk. "I was expecting that."

"Well, I have to finish some work for tomorrow so I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Minho walked up to Sulli as he planted a kiss on her forehead and then walked out of the room.

Sulli stood stunned with a sharp intake of her breath, staring in disbelief. Unaware, she placed her hand to her forehead as she looked at the door, which was now closed. 

After regaining her composure, Sulli sat down in her desk as she looked for her diary paper. In horror, Sulli exclaimed, "My paper, where'd it go!" Fumbling through the little belongings that she owned, she could not find it. It went missing. "No, no, no, no." Shaking her head, she feared that either Jisoon or Minho had read it. "I'm doomed." Placing her hands on her face, she leaned her elbows on the desk as she groaned. "I should've kept it in a safer place." 

---------------------------

Ring ring ring

Sulli groggily moved her arm to her phone, which wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter