Chapter 12

The Last Time We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minho, it’s a beautiful night, isn’t it?” Sulli admired as she stared at the night sky while they exited the Ferris Wheel.

Minho grinned while pulling Sulli closer to his side, feeling her warmth radiate onto him. “It’s beautiful because of you.”

Sulli shyly ducked her head as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “Oppa, you’re making me embarrassed,” Sulli whined. While walking hand in hand, Sulli comfortably leaned her head upon Minho’s shoulder, treasuring the safety and security of his hold and presence.

“But I like it when you’re embarrassed, you look so adorable.” Minho admired Sulli’s peach colored cheeks that turned rosy pink when she was nervous.

“I can’t take this,” Sulli joked with a chuckle, “You’re so cheesy all of a sudden.”

Minho innocently shrugged while ruffling Sulli’s hair. “Your fault Jinri,” and Minho wasn’t lying. No one had changed him so greatly in so little time. Each day, his love for Sulli blossomed, augmenting by the day. He didn’t know if it was weird, but to think that his mere admiration for Sulli as an adolescent changed into love, that brought a cheekish smile to his face.

Ahead of them stood a carousel ride filled with children and their parents followed by other young couples who seemingly were enjoying their time. Sulli marveled at the scene before her and had the sudden urge to ride the carousel to meet her heart’s content. “Oppa–”

Knowing exactly what Sulli was about to implore, Minho nodded his head, following her to join the line. Watching Sulli from behind widened his smile further as he watched her face beam under the amusement park’s colorful lights. She seemed so content at the moment, and that was enough to satisfy Minho. Her happiness was enough to equate for his. “Jinri, sometimes I think that you haven’t grown a day since the last time we met,” Minho remarked as he referred to their first meeting.

“What do you mean?” Sulli questioned while drawing her brows together. “Am I childish?”

“Ani, ani!” Minho quickly retorted. “I didn’t mean it that way. I meant that you still have that bubbly personality of yours, something that I’ve always loved about you.”

“My bubbly personality?” Sulli wasn’t sure if she was astonished or taken aback. All along, she knew for sure that with her increasing ages, her bubbly personality slowly subsided. She knew for sure that before she met Minho, she wasn’t as happy as she was as a teenager.

“De, even if you don’t realize it, you always give off this aura.” Minho couldn’t describe the aura and strength that Sulli gave him. Even when he attempted at neglecting Sulli when meeting her after multiple years of separation, her presence sent signals to his brain, as if the heart were convincing the brain to surrender and accept the truth.

The couple slowly neared the front of the line, as one by one, families and friends entered and exited the carousel. “My aura? I didn’t know I had one to begin with,” Sulli added with a short chuckle.

While Sulli turned away to watch the carousel ride, Minho sneakily took out his phone and began to snap pictures of Sulli. Even in candid shots, Sulli looked magnificent and flawless. Under the night sky, her hair shined like the sea at dusk, flowing fluidly over her shoulder bones as if gliding across her skin. Her drooped brown eyes were enough to amaze Minho, as the held such youth, intelligence, and serenity at once. Privately bringing the photos down to his side, his lips curved upwards, noting the beauty that he had just captured.

“Minho?” Sulli turned around, realizing that his silence was out of the ordinary. “Yah!” Sulli noticed Minho staring at a picture of her that he had just taken. “Are you taking photos of me?”

“Huh?” Minho revealed his straight set of pearl white teeth as he shyly blushed. “Maybe.”

“Oppa, I must look ugly in those photos. Are you going to use them to blackmail me?”

“Are you two ready to enter the carousel,” the amusement park worker intervened in their conversation.

“De,” Minho replied as he winked at Sulli. “Jagiya, sit here with me.”

“Jagiya? You’ve never called me that before.” Sulli momentarily thought to herself before placing herself on a majestic white horse next to Minho’s.

“Can I have your permission to take photos of you?” Minho pouted, waiting for Sulli’s reply. “Please?” Minho began doing aegyo, which quickly made her heart flutter and melt.

“Aish, fine you can. But I want to take photos of you then too!” Sulli childishly answered.

“Of course jagiya!” Minho proudly smiled as he grabbed his phone out.

The horses slowly seemed to be brought to life as the row of horses began to move while the pearl aqua lights luminesced everywhere. The music box tune began ringing in the background as Minho began capturing their moments. “I’m taking a video Jinri!” Minho smiled, catching her attention.

“Oppa! I thought it was a photo,” Sulli pursed her lips. “What should I say?”

“Anything you want.”

“Hm,” Sulli thought for a moment, “Oppa, why don’t you say something.”

“Fine,” Minho switched the camera to face him, revealing his smile that spanned from ear to ear. “Saranghaeyo Jinri!”

“Oppa!” Sulli shyly whined.

“Is it not true?” Minho naively asserted. “In the future when you watch this you can hear me say it then.”

“Cheesy oppa is coming back again,” Sulli laughed. “But, I love oppa nonetheless.”

The ride was coming to end as Minho finished wrapping up the video. “From now on, I will be Jinri’s cheesy oppa. I expect you to now call me that in one hundred years.”

“Cheesy oppa?” In all truthness, Sulli was surprised that Minho would accept such a nickname, but was engrossed by his presence to deny.

As the carousel ride came to an end, Minho ended the video and held out his hand, offering Sulli to intertwine their hands as they stepped off the ride. “Jinri,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter