Chapter 3

The Last Time We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yes!" Jinri jumped into Kai's arms. Jinri always felt close with Kai and felt that they had a special bond with one another, but did she misunderstand it for love?

Behind the corner of the wall, Minho looked down at the ground. He was confused, himself. He still had feelings for Suzy, but Jinri brought an even stronger and deeper emotion. Whenever Jinri spoke to him, her voice seemed to melt away into his ears and pacify him. Wherever he was, he could recognize her voice, no matter near or far. Through just a month and a half's worth of time, Minho felt as if Jinri and him had a connection that started a lifetime before––a connection that not even Suzy and him had. 

Minho slowly slid down the wall and took off his glasses as he rubbed his forehead to relieve the pain he felt, however, Jinri and Kai's voice was nearing, so he quickly got off the ground and went back to the table where Onew sat staring at the menu. Minho chose to push his feelings under the carpet and forget that they ever existed. He looked down at himself and saw nothing that Jinri would like about him and sadly sat down. 

"Hey you took a long time washing your hands. Where are Kai and Jinri?" Asked Onew peering out from behind the menu. Minho seemed to have doze off into another world, so Onew snapped his fingers in front of his face and asked, "Minho? Everything good?"

"Oh yes, everything is just great." Minho smiled and brought a thumbs up to exaggerate the effect. 

Onew laughed at his adorable action and then placed the menu in front of Minho. "Since this is one of your last days here, you should pick what we eat. Anything you want, and I'll pay."

"Ani, I will pay for my portion Onew." Onew raised up his hand, gesturing for Minho to silence himself. "Fine, you can pay, but I don't know what to order. I have been immersed into Korean culture, but not that much."

"Just think of it as an assignment or something along those––" Onew was interrupted by Kai who had a wide smile spread across his face. 

"Onew, guess what, your plan worked!"

"Jjinja! Look at that, my Jinri has grown up! How does it feel?" Minho was confused and clenched his fists once again as he glanced sideways towards Onew and realized that Onew and Kai had planned Kai asking Jinri out all along and he wondered if Kai intentionally asked Jinri when he was there. 

Jinri blushed and then put her hands over her face as she leaned on Kai's shoulders. "Oppa!"

Onew put up his hands as a sign of defeat. "Okay, I'll stop teasing you...for now." Jinri was about to hit Onew on the arm, but Kai kept her against the seat. Once again, Minho felt left out in the cold. He watched Onew, Jinri, and Kai's chemistry. They all seemed inseparatable and loyal with one another, something Minho never truly experienced.

Looking at Minho, Jinri said, "Oppa, you pick what we eat tonight!"

Kai looked down at Jinri in confusion and asked, "When did you start calling him oppa?"

"When he first got here." Jinri replied indifferently. Kai seemed to be annoyed and Jinri sensed it, so she playfully added, "Oppa, don't get mad." And added a kiss on his cheek. 

"Okay guys, lets keep the couple stuff away for now." Onew joked. Jinri glared at her brother and then looked at Minho again, realizing that he wasn't acting his normal self. 

"Oppa, is everything alright? You seem a bit down?"

Before Minho could reply, Kai cut in while secretly eyeing Minho with an expression of hatred that only Minho saw. "I'm sure he's fine Jinri." He slid his arm around Jinri and pulled her closer into him causing Minho to clench his teeth. "I still like Suzy...I still like Suzy..." Minho chanted to himself. He tried his hardest to ignore the couple sitting before him and managed to pick food out of the menu, even though his appetite had been taken away.

----------------------------------

"That was a great dinner!" Stated Onew as he rubbed his stomach and continued, "I feel so fat now though. Minho, you ordered some good stuff that we've never eaten before. Looks like the Korean culture is actually rubbing off on you." Minho nodded in return, allowing Onew to continue. "I really want to do as much as I can with you. We're all going to miss you a lot once you leave."

Sulli smiled and added on, "Yeah, we will. We have to keep in contact somehow."

Kai felt threatened by Minho's presence once again and decided to interrupt the conversation, "Guys it's starting to get dark we should probably get back before our parents start worrying."

"True, oppa you're so thoughtful," Jinri sweetly replied as she leaned closer to Kai. Kai smiled internally knowing that Jinri was truly his. 

----------------------------------

Minho, Jinri, Onew and their parents all were in the car to the airport. The ride was silent and filled with melancholy. Jinri subtly turned her head to the right to glance at Minho who was sitting beside her and looking out the window. She saw it written all over his face––Minho didn't want to leave. Jinri turned her head back and peered out the window to see the passing city buildings. She wondered what America was like. She wondered if Minho could just stay. With every passing building and sign, the airport was nearing and Jinri felt a stirring feeling build up in her heart more and more. Jinri felt as if she was leaving someone very dear to her. 

The airport was in sight and the car finally halted to a stop. Jinri and Onew got off the car to take out the luggage while Jinri's parents thanked Minho for his stay and welcomed him back at any time. "You are quite the gentleman. I know you will go far my boy." Jinri's dad said as he patted Minho's shoulder. 

"Gamsahamnida (thank you)," Minho replied with a bow. 

"Minho." Minho turned his head to the voice he always yearned for. "Oppa, I will miss you a lot. We have to keep in contact, okay?" Jinri was on the verge of tears but she didn't want to seem weak in front of Minho.

Minho smiled in return and was surprised to feel Jinri pull him in closer and hug him. His heart began to beat eradically and loudly as he gulped to relieve his nervousness. When Jinri released the hug, Minho felt cold and empty.

Onew walked towards Minho and put out his hand. Minho shook hands with him and thanked Onew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter