What? Secrets?

The rich and the poor marriage

°°°°° In loving memory of Mr Hwang GukJoo and Mrs Hwang Yubin °°°°°

Wake: xxx street xxx 

Wake held for 3 days.

May both of them rest in peace.

Sinb dropped the letter she was reading and fell on the floor. How could they just die without seeing Sinb for one last time? Sinb's mind was totally blank. She did not know what to do nor say at that moment. It was as if doomsday had arrived.

"Sinb ah!" Yuju called out but it was just a faint sound in Sinb's ears. 

"Sinb ah! What happened?" Yuju asked again and shook Sinb's body. Sinb's mind finally registered that there was someone calling for her.

She turned to face Yuju. "Appa.. Eomma..." She was unaware that her tears had already dripped. Soon, it turned in to sobs. A overwhelming greifing wail was heard there after.

Yuju saw a letter and picked it up. She stared at it before dropping it. She then realised why. Immediately, she hugged Sinb who was trembling badly.

"Why? Why must they do this?" Sinb screamed and hit Yuju.

Yuju could only hug the latter and comfort her. She too was shocked. No one had heard from the both of them, not even when Mr Choi ordered someone to find their location. And all of a sudden this news came to Sinb.

"Why must they leave me alone? Wh-" Sinb stopped halfway and fainted.

"Sinb! Wake up!" Yuju shake Sinb's body a little.

"Hurry bring Sinb up!" Yuju ordered the maids and they nodded their heads before picking Sinb from Yuju.

Yuju took her phone and dailed her parents contact numbers to inform them.

"Yes. Okay. She fainted thats all. Alright. Bye." Yuju hung up and went to her room.

Sinb's face had been pale. She had suffered a tremendous shock. Yuju went over and hugged Sinb. She let her tiredness take over her body and slept beside Sinb.

=============================================

"Yuju unnie. YUJU UNNIE!" Sinb shouted and Yuju woke up.

"Uh? Yeah?" Yuju replied groggily.

"Take me to Appa and Eomma's funeral. Please." Sinb begged.

Yuju said no more as she remembered what happened earlier. She grabbed her car keys and took Sinb's hands and dragged the two of them out of the house.

During the ride, none of them actually spoke. Yuju occasionally took a glance at Sinb. She could ses that Sinb was depressed. Sinb kept looking at her fingers and fidgeting with it. Yuju placed a hand over Sinb's hands and she realised that it was super cold.

"Sinb-" Yuju started off but she was cut by Sinb.

"I get it. I know what you want to say. I-I-" Sinb sighed and wanted to continue but she decided not to do so and stared at the scenery outside the window.

Yuju kept her hands on Sinb's hands. She rubbed Sinb's hands again and again with her warm hands to calm Sinb down. Sinb was greatful to have such a nice girlfriend but at that moment, she did not think much. Her entire brain was only about her parents.

After a while, they reached the wake and Sinb quickly got out and entered the place. There was not a single visitor in the chilly place except for a person. And that was Umji.

Sinb bowed to her parents and walked over to see their face for one last time. They looked deathly pale. Most likely they overworked themselves. Sinb held her breath and close her eyes to compose herself. She felt like she was going berserk mentally, but she held it in. Yuju was beside her, calming her down in all kinds of possible ways.

Once they were done, Sinb went to Umji, who was observing her ever since she arrived.

"Umji, why are you here?" Sinb asked as she sat down beside her.

Umji took out an envelope  and handed to Sinb. "They wanted to pass to you this a few weeks ago. Read it once you have calmed yourself down."

"How do you know? Like everything. Tell me Umji. I know you are hiding things from me." Sinb commanded.

"Seems like being a busniesswoman has help you in discovering new things." 

"What are you talking? Umji. TELL ME!" Sinb shouted and grabbed Umji's collar.

Yuju quickly held back Sinb. "My parents are close friends with your parents." Umji blurted out.

Sinb released the grip. What? How? 

"I know, i know what you are thinking. Originally, they were close friends. We knew each other from the start, since we were born." Umji slowly said, letting Sinb digest the information.

We knew each other? Is she... Sinb furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to deny what she was thinking.

"Yes. Kim Yewon. That is the name. Your childhood friend." Umji clamly spoke.

"Y-yewon?" Sinb asked in disbelief. Yuju was confused over everything by then but she stay quiet since it was something between the both of them.

"That's right. Anyways, back to the story, so we got separated when we were about 4 years old. Technically, your parents and my parents had been in contact all this while. They actually offered your dad a higher salary job so that he could afford to suport you and your mother. But he declined, saying that he does not have a degree, so he cannot take up the job. But my parents kept wanting to help your entire family. He gave your parents a choice. My parents would support your mother's medical fee, and they would slowly pay back my parents. Or... my parents would break the friendship. Of course, they pratically grew up with each other, so breaking friendship would be the worst thing. And your parents chose to maintain the friendship."

"Do you think that by working two jobs, your mother's medical fee would be enough? No. That was my parents supporting. After your parents gave you to Yuju unnie, they started finding more jobs to pay back my parents. They did in the end." 

"You know why i introduced myself as Umji? Because i wanted to see if you remembered me without my real name. You didn't. Still i was happy. Many people told me that you were a cold person and poor. I used my own skills and made friends with you. A accomplishment that no one has ever did in that school."

"T-then, h-how did appa and eomma die?" Sinb finally asked the question she had been dying to ask.

"Sinb, it not a good time to tell y-" 

"Just f***ing tell me. So that i can take it all at once."

"You need to rest." Umji said and avoided eye contact with Sinb.

"Kim Yewon." Sinb said coldly and Umji flinched. "Tell me." 

"They committed sucide." 

"U-unbeliveable." Sinb abruptedly stood up and faced Umji.

"Umji, tell me that you are lying. Out of all the lies you tell me, tell me that this is a prank." Sinb felt like crying but she held it in. She had to hear everything clearly.

"I'm sorry. My parents were informed about it thru a phone call. I'm sorry." Umji said and shed a tear.

Sinb staggered backwards. To think she was so oblivious to everything. To think that she had been in the dark all this time. Finally, the truth hits Sinb and she could not accept it.

And like a coward, she ran away from the world.