Graduation day

The rich and the poor marriage

Sinb learnt a lot this past few month, with the guidance of both of Yuju's parents and Yuju. She could now manage the basics in the company like what are the customers looking for in this project or the funds needed for the project. Mr Choi and Mrs Choi were both surprise at Sinb's ability to grasp the technique used in the company.

As for Yuju, she had certainly gotten much closer to Sinb and is already use to her presence. No more stuttering in front of Sinb. Yuju would sometimes buy Sinb certain stuff when she does well for both studies and work.

Well, Sinb also got use to her surroundings and have already pulled pranks. Her number one victim would always be Yuju, since Yuju is always oblivious. She had been studying hard in school too, getting perfect A for everything. Her graduation is also coming up soon in a month.

"Sinb ah, are you thinking of the graduation?" Yuju asked.

"Uh huh... i miss Appa and Eomma. I hope they will come to my graduation." Sinb sighed.

Yuju walked over to Sinb and hugged her. Yuju knew, no matter how, Sinb would always miss her original family members."Come on... i'm sure they will!"

"I really want them to come... what do you think they are doing now? Are they fine? Have they been eating well?" Sinb buried her face into the crook of Yuju's neck.

Sinb had tried going back to her house, to find her parents. But what she got was another person, who told her that she had been living in this house for a few months already. Sinb had no contact with her parents, since they had no money to afford one. That made Sinb worry about their whereabouts and situation.

===========================================

It was the day of graduation. Some were crying at how they could not meet up with their friends, some were laughing at how it was their last time wearing school uniforms. Sinb stood there nervously, waiting for Yuju and Yuju's parents to come. They had a important meeting to attend to that morning and would only come at a later timing. Somehow, Sinb had this glimmering hope that her parents would come and attend her graduation. She stood silently at the corner, looking at all her classmates with their parents.

"Yah! Look who is here." A pair of hands covered Sinb's eyes.

"Umji ah.." Sinb smiled and remove the hands that was still on her eyes.

"Be glad that i came because i traveled an hour just to come to Seoul!" Umji hugged her. "How can i miss my friend's graduation?"

Umji was her friend ever since she was 15 years old. She had just transfered to Sinb's old school and sat beside Sinb, since she did not like the stares everyone was giving her. Some stares were dirty, others looked like they wre about to leech umji's money. Only Sinb did not give that kind of look and that made Umji sit beside her. They soon became close friends and hung out sometimes when Sinb does not have work. Umji also knew about Sinb's plight and offered some money to her but was declined since Sinb did not want to trouble her. Luckily, Sinb remembered umji's handphone number or else they would have just left each other without a proper goodbye.

"Thank you Umji.. i miss you." Sinb was grateful that her friend could come and support her.

"Yah! So.. how are you and Yuju-sshi?" 

"um.." Sinb blushed.

"Oooo.. Sinb! You like her do you?" Umji shooked Sinb's shoulder.

"Y-yeah.. I don't why but i feel my heart feels very warm... when i'm with her." Sinb giggled a little.

"You are in love with her you stupid! Yuju-sshi is a good one okay? Go and make her yours."

"But I don't know if she loves me back.." Sinb sighed.

"Try! You two will still get married in the end right? So just make her fall in love with you. Or maybe she already loves you." 

"Yeah yeah sure... now your turn! How's yours with Eunha unnie?"

"Hehe..." Umji smiled widly.

"Yah! Tell me!" Sinb irritatedly said.

"She confessed to me 4 weeks ago! We are now girlfriends with each other. She even kissed me already!" Umji smiled even more.

"Lovebirds..." Sinb muttered but Umji heard it.

"Yah! That will be you soon. I bet on my words. Wait.. where is Yuju?"

"Important meeting. She will come later."

"Aww.. come on! Just prepare yourself right now. Go go!" Umji shooed Sinb to her seat.

Yuju unnie.. where are you? The ceremony is almost starting. Sinb kept looking at the back looking for Yuju until her class leader told her to just keep still and look forward.

"Class 1-2 please come forward." The emcee called out and Sinb begun to walk forward with her class. She received her certificate and shook hands with the principal and showed the entire school her certificate. As she showed her certificate, she scanned the hall for Yuju but she could not find. Disappointed, she went back and let the others have a chance.

The ceremony ended well and Umji immediately went to Sinb. "Did you see Yuju unnie?" Sinb asked.

"No."

"Sinb yah! Sorry i was late! The meeting ended late!" Yuju's voice was heard and Sinb's face lit up.

"Yuju unnie!" Sinb ran to Yuju and hugged her.

"This is..?" Yuju asked Sinb as she looked at Umji once they were finished with the greetings.

"She is Umji, my friend in my previous school." Sinb introduced Yuju to Umji.

"Hello Yuju-sshi, i am Umji, nice to meet you." Umji bowed.

"Yuju unnie will do. You are cute." Yuju ruffled Umji's hair.

"So now that you graduated, let's go eat a meal! Umji, come along too!"

"Thank you Yuju unnie."

===========================================

"Sinb, you have already know the basics, so i am going to teach you all the important steps on how to choose a good working partner." Mr Choi said to Sinb.

"Yes, Uncle."

"By the way, congratuations to your graduation! You did well." Mr Choi and Mrs Choi congratuated Sinb.

"Thank you.."

"Is there anything in your mind?" Mrs Choi asked.

"Uh... can i ask you a favor?" Sinb played with her fingers.

"Yes darling?" It was a nickname for Sinb since Mrs Choi liked her so much. She had gotten use to the nickname though she cringe sometimes.

"Where are my parents now? I haven't seen them in a while and when me and Yuju went to my old house, they already sold the house away. Today during graduation i didn't see them too... Did they really gave me away?" Sinb asked sadly.

"Okay.. I will try to find them. Don't worry too much alright?" Mr Choi patted her head.

"Thank you so much!" Sinb smiled at them.

"Rest now darling. high school is over so relax first." Mrs Choi patted Sinb's head and walked to her room.

After graduation, Sinb stepped into the real society, as an adult, not a student. That was were she realised, everything was dangerous out there.