Chp 1

The rich and the poor marriage

"Yuju ah, you need a fiancé. You are getting old."

"What? You call a 21 year OLD? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD." Yuju shouted.

"I don't care. I want a reliable fiancé for you. Regardless of boy or girl, rich or poor, your financé must be able to carry on the heavy burden of the Choi company. That is my final say." 

"Appa-" Yuju protested.

"I am going to choose your fiancé. The past relationship you have given me a bad impression on how you choose you boyfriend. A poster will be created and post online to find a suitable one for you." Yuju's dad cut her off.

"But-" 

"That's it. You have no say in this." Yuju's dad said and went out of her room.

"AISH! WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?! I JUST FREAKING GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL! AND NOW A MARRIAGE? URGH!" Yuju muttered and placed her head on her palm. 

A knock was heard. "Come in." Yuju replied.

The door opened. "Oh? Eomma?" Yuju asked even though she already knew what her mom was going to tell her.

Yuju's mom sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Yuju. "I heard about your dad's decision. Don't worry about it." Yuju's mom comfort her.

"What do you mean? I'm just a 21 year old!!! And he is already pushing me to get married? Why?" Yuju was fuming mad.

"Your appa. He doesn't want you to carry the  full burdens of our company. He wants a good person that can help you so that you would not be stressed out." Yuju's mom explained.

"I can handle it!" Yuju replied.

"Yuju ah.. your health! Carrying on the burden of the entire company is alot for a perosn by itself! You can even overwork and collapse from it! Have you not thought about it? And, not to mention ever since you started working in our company, you haven't been eating well and fainted a few times! We are worried about your health!" Yuju's mom scolded Yuju a little.

Yuju was mum. It was true that she felt weak sometimes. Unable to reply she just hung her head low. "Sorry." Yuju gulitily said.

Yuju's mom got up and patted her head. "We only gave you 30% of the work needed to do in the office. What would happen to you if you took all the responsibility? You are our only child, we cannot afford to sent you to heaven before we go there. Pack your work there. Go sleep now. Continue it tomorrow. Don't overstress yourself." Yuju's mom continued and walked out of Yuju's room.

The words her mom said earlier lingered in her mind. Too tired to continue with her work, she set them aside and pounced onto the bed. She let her tiredness take over her mind and she soon fell asleep.

"Let all of this become a dream please..." Yuju muttered and fell asleep.

==============================================

"Okay okay got it." Yuju's dad said on the phone.

"What?" Yuju's mom asked after he put down the phone.

"They are not suitable." Yuju's dad sighed.

"Why?" 

"Profile and reality are different, i hired stalkers to stalk them. Either they go clubbing often, or they womanize, or they are irresponsible." Yuju's dad rubbed his temples.

"Calm down. It is just a day since you put the poster. More better ones would come out there after." Yuju's mom calmly said.

"Hope so."

Just then, the phone rang and Yuju's dad picked up. "Hello?"

"....."

"More details please." 

"....."

"Okay i will think about it. I will call you back once i have decided. Thank you." Yuju's dad said and ended the call.

"Another one?" Yuju's mom predicted.

"Yeah. It's a female this time. Hwang Eunbi, or she prefers to be called Sinb, 18 year old, studying in Source Music High School. She can pick up skills easily and learn new topics faster than average." Yuju's dad described.

"Sounds like a good one."

"Yeah, but her parents want Sinb to marry Yuju because they are too poor and they think we can afford to give Sinb a better life. In exchange, Sinb will work with us after she graduates from high school. She only have a few months before she take her exams and graduate. What do you think?" 

"I think it is fine with me. Fees for high schoolers is a no problem to us right? If she can work with us and help with Yuju, why not spend some money on her? I think she is a good person. Yuju would definitely like her. And maybe... love could be form between them." Yuju's mother approved.

"Alright. Then, same procedure." Yuju' dad walked back to the telephone and dialed some numbers. He waited until someone picked up the phone over the line. 

"New job. Hwang Eunbi/Sinb, 18 year old, studies at Source Music High School. Give me a report of her as soon as possible."

==============================================

"I have called them."

"We can't do this."

"I know... but we don't have a choice. She deserve better treatment than us."

"No, are you that cruel?"

"Look honey. We can't even put a proper meal right infront of us to eat. Plus your medication fee, we own the bank almost a million won. Further more, she is graduating soon and she needs a proper enviroment to grow. We don't have a choice. This is for the sake of her."

=============================================

Took me a while to come up with this first chapter. I was wondering how to start this story. Do support this fanfic too! And comment as well!