Chapter 2

Expect the Unexpected

Cho Hee P. O. V

My head snapped to the door and there stood a fuming Eun Mi. I shrunk down, deeper into my school uniform and blinked innocently. But of course, being as stuck- up as she is, she ignored it and sneered at me, her little minions approached out of nowhere, glaring boldly at me. Eun Mi nodded and they stormed up to me and grabbed my neck, seemingly to forget Mrs. Choi's presence in this classroom.

"Jessica-ah! Mi- Cha-ah! Eun Mi-ah!" Mrs. Choi said sharply, getting up from her desk and scowling at the girls'. She pointed at the door. "Detention."  I heard a gasp coming from the three queenka's and they hurried out the door, throwing glances back at me. Jessica decided to be unwise and started to protest.
But-!" She was cut off. "Now!" Mrs. Choi seethed as she sat down, muttering 'These girls'. She turned back to me.

"Cho- Hee ah. I would like you to represent our class. I have known you like to dance and I know that you are very good at it. So, I want you to try out," Mrs. Choi shuffled through some papers and pulled out a smooth piece of paper. It was labeled with SM ENTERTAINMENT: AUDITION FORM. She handed it to me and I took it hesitantly. "Here," she said. "Let your parents sign it."

At the mention of my parents, I winced and felt tears brewing in my eyes. "Mrs. Choi?" I wanted to tell her the truth. The real truth. I always wondered why the truth could sometimes be so horrible; so gory and unrealistic. Like a dream... or a nightmare. "I have no parents... well except for my father." I felt myself begin to cry. A single tear slid down my cheek and I dipped my head, not meeting the teachers' horrified gaze.

"What?" She asked and glided to the seat and sat down, folding her arms over her chest. "What do you mean, Cho- Hee- ah? No mother? What about your father?" I took a deep breath. "I have no mother, I'm an only child, and my father is abusive." I blurted out. Mrs. Choi sat up straighter, like a half- asleep cat catching the scent of mouse. I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. 

"Aish, Cho- Hee. You've been through so much. More then I can bare," looking up, I saw her gentle smile, and pity in her deep swirling brown eyes. I couldn't help but agree in my mind. "I'll make an acception." She reassured me, noticing my tense state. My eyes widened. "Gamsahabnida, Mrs. Choi!" I sputtered, gripping the paper tighter and bowed three times to her and ran out the door, giddy. My mother and father were dancers and singers but they decided they didn't want to show their talent to everyone.

Don't worry mom, I thought, adding grimly Dad, the generation continues, running through the blood in my veins. I won't let you down. I won't make you disappointed that I am your daughter.

Day of auditions...

We were instructed by the judges to know how to dance and sing to Amigo, Hello, Lucifer, and Ring Ding Dong. They would pick which song we are to preform. I bit my lip. A habit I picked up from my mother. I squirmed in my seat. I was number 30. I took a sip of my bottled water and recited the songs that have been chosen, then, sooner then I expected, I was called.

"Number 30, please go to room 3, I repeat, number 30 go to room 3." I almost shrieked in surprise. Letting out a small 'me?' before stumbling to my feet and hurrying to the room.

It's OK, calm down, Cho Hee... everything is going to be OK... I think I walked up to the room, knocking on the door and waiting.

"Come in!" A woman's voice chirped from inside the room. I shivered at the high- pitched voice and pushed the door open.

"Annyeong, number 30," the same woman greeted me. I greeted them back and bowed. "You will be performing Lucifer by SHINee." She said. I pushed my eyebrows together.

Ugh. Why do I get the hardest song? I protested in my mind. I nodded and another woman decided to speak. "You may begin." She pressed the button on the D.V.D player and the short intro to Lucifer. I began the dance.

The song ended and they nodded approvingly, writing down notes and bobbing their head. "Number 30," the first unnie said. I perked up. "You have a VERY BEAUTIFUL voice!" The second unnie nodded and I blushed. The first unnie continued. "Your moves were VERY precise and accurate. I think you will make a good addition to the band," I beamed. "But these aren't the FINAL results," she warned. "Other people might take your place."  I did my aegyo and bowed.

"Awww! She has an aegyo just like Taemin!" They exclaimed. I blushed and left the room and sighed in relief. I had never felt so happy in what seems like forever.

"Ma'am! Please put your number on this sheet of paper so we can call you telling you if you are the new trainee or not!" I smirked and signed the sheet happily, humming SHINee's Lucifer. I have a good feeling about this audition. A really good feeling. Was this beginners' luck? Or am I just that good? I'm that good. I giggled aloud, but to myself and skipped out of the door, not really giving a crap who saw me.

~A/N~

 

Yay! Chapter 2, COMPLETED! Not much of a long chapter, I suppose -.- BUT! I have two new subscribers! ^.^

jay_rose, thank you VERY much

JazeMarie, than YOU VERY much!

I love all my subscribers and readers and commenters... is that even a real word? Oh well. I have 44 views... make that 45. Pretty good. No comments. Please, leave a comment for me. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS ALOUD!