neun

Overlooked

 

 

 

He thought he had always been there for her. It's enough for her to realize that he could do anything for her. He would sacrifice himself for her.

But at the end, it's him who was one step faster.
 

☂☂☂
 

The weather said it would be rain today. 

Jihoon couldn't stay calm at home as he's thinking about Jane who was at the library without him by her side; and knowing that she wouldn't bring any umbrella with her other than she needs to bring the bicycle along with her.

"I should go to her." Jihoon decided to go and pick the girl at the school. He grabbed the umbrella hidden under his bed and grabbed another one at the door of his house.

He coughed for few times, "Where do you want to go? You're not feeling well, don't you?" His mum said when she realized that her son want to go out somewhere.

"Jane didn't bring any umbrella. So I need to go and fetch her," His mum nodded her head indicated that she understand it. She could never stop her son when it comes to Jane.

Jihoon walked to school with a smiled pasted on his face. He was so excited thinking of how he should confront the girl today. She would ask many things though; if she ever see him with two umbrellas in his hand.

And also, to know that he wasn't feel really well yet. He must be getting scolded by the girl later on.

He walked out from the library when he can't see Jane is around. Maybe she's on her way out. He thought. And he was right about it. 

Jane was looking at his bicycle but crouched right away as if there's something wrong with his bicycle. Jihoon was about to approach Jane when suddenly the rain started to fall down from the sky.

He opened his umbrella, and when he took a step closer to the girl, an umbrella came out of nowhere cover the girl from getting hit by the rain.

And it's him. Park Woojin. 

Jane didn't realize it, but Jihoon saw it all. She laughed. She smiled. Around him.

And he never see Jane smiled like that before.

Never.

Not even once. 
 

☂☂☂
 

And that's not even the end...

When Jihoon being stood up and received a message from Jane saying that she couldn't come, the first thing he could think of, 'She must be in trouble.'

No matter what happened, he needs to see the girl today. Even if he couldn't confess to the girl. At the very least, he needs to make sure that the girl is fine. 

At the very least.

Jihoon rushed himself to the girl's house; which is the same way towards his house too, when he suddenly saw the two figure he really knows. 

Again, it's him.

And her.

It's always them.

Together.

And this time he realized again.

That.

He will be always one step later.
 

☂☂☂
 

It's over. It's over between them.

Friends? What's that even?

Now he knows, why the girl said, 'You knew your question going to be in vain.'

He knows exactly what it means.

He couldn't be her friend anymore. No, he didn't want to be. He didn't want to lie about his feelings. 

It's better this way.

Everything going to be okay.

He thought.