eins

Overlooked

 

 

 

🍂🍂🍂

 

The blossom arrives like cake frosting on the trees in delicious creams and pinks. The petals burst out from lower down the branches leaving the tips still in tight bud. Jihoon was walking towards school with his lovely camera in hand while taking a video of the beautiful pinkish scenery. The weather looks really nice to start their school life after a month break.

"Hey, look at that flowers. Wow, it's totally blossom." Haknyeon said as he's walking between his friends, "But don't you think it's quite cold nowadays?" He made a statement while looking at both of them.

Jihoon looked at Haknyeon for a while before turning his attention back to the recording. "Isn't it normal though?" Hyungseob said and having both of his hand open widely as if he's trying to collect the fallen flower. Should we call it flower? Or leaves? 

Jihoon's camera automatically went to record Hyungseob's embarassing moment so he could use it to tease the boy later; he probably have like tons of Hyungseob's stupid video in his laptop's folder. More than Haknyeon since Haknyeon didn't really do those silly things, "Yah, Park Jihoon! You're doing it again!" Hyungseob whined while stomping his legs but Jihoon wouldn't give up as the camera is still on him.

While he was busy recording Hyungseob, he could recognize a figure he really knows, was riding a bicycle towards him. Jihoon's lips curved upwards as he saw the girl but right away frowned his eyebrows when he saw something is weird going on with the girl. Wait, she couldn't control her bicycle?

"Yah, everyone move!!!" She screamed as the bike she rode couldn't brake at all when obviously she's riding down the hill; and if she couldn't stop her bicycle, that's mean it's the death of her. She didn't know the first day of school will be the day she would die.

She was getting closer with Jihoon and when she was about to ask him to move away from her lane, her bike bumped into a rock; a small tiny rock causing the girl to lost her control on the bike and make a rush decision by releasing her hand from holding the handle. The consequences, obviously she threw herself to the ground.
 
Jihoon who witnessed the tragedy quickly throw his camera away onto the ground while the camera is still rolling. He tried to catch Jane who was actually having her body high up on the sky. Jihoon made some calculation in his mind on where the girl could fell and eventually managed to catch the girl.

All of the students around them, stop themselves from moving and watched the exciting drama by two of them. Jihoon was trying to catch a breath when he fell right onto the ground and Jane basically was on top of him; so it's kind of suffocating for him.

Jane's eyes widened when someone actually save her from being disable for the rest of the semester. She had her head on the boy's chest and could hear his heart was beating so fast as if he's been running for 100 laps. She slowly lifted her head up to see the one who saved her actually...

"Park Jihoon?" She stuttered as she saw his face.

"It has been a long time, huh?" Jihoon said while looking at the girl. 


☂☂☂


Jihoon and Jane has been stick to each other ever since the first day they're born into the world. Did they have the same birthday? No. Jane is born a few minutes after Jihoon but since Jihoon born on 11:57 pm so they had a day gap between each other. But practically we could say that they born in the same time though. 

To have a house next to each other and even the room too, they weren't sure to call that as a luck or they're actually being nuisance to each other. Jane couldn't even do something with her curtain open as she knows Jihoon would be looking at her from the other side. Well, it's true that he wasn't that ert but who the going to believe him even if they know each other since forever.

There's one thing special that connect their room. A tin phone. The one where a string connected through the middle hole of the tin. Basically, we could use it as a phone; well if we're lucky enough to hear the other voices. But they never really use it, why would they used it if they could confront each other every single day?

And to look back at them once upon a time, there's a lot of time where they didn't like each other and got annoyed on every little things. Too many times...


☂☂☂


"Oh, hey!" Jihoon said as he almost bumped into Jane on his way out to school. Jane startled when the boy appeared infront of him as soon as she took a step out from her house's gate. "Where's your bicycle?" He asked when he saw the girl came out with nothing beside her.

"Ah," She paused and raised both of her eyebrows, "They said my bicycle couldn't be repair." She shrugged.

"Then do you want to go with me?" Jihoon offered himself. Jane looked at the back of the bicycle and turned back her attention towards the boy as if she's asking, seriously? Jihoon asked her to ride it as they're already late to school.

Jane took the front seat instead of the back seat causing Jihoon to sit at the back. "Hold me tight. Cause I'm going to go really fast." Jihoon mimicked her words with an annoying face before Jane suddenly moved the bicycle causing the boy lost his balance and make a rapid decision which is to put his hand around the girl's bag instead of her waist.

"Yah, Cheon Jane!" He whined as the girl laughed over his cute reaction. 


☂☂☂


"Are you sure that your bicycle work just fine?" Jane asked as she put her bag in the bicycle's basket.

"Don't worry. It work just fine." Jihoon assured her and took his seat, "Come on or we will be late," He said as he saw the girl was hesitating for a moment.

"You better didn't lie about this," She took a sit behind the boy, "I don't have good feelings about this," She muttered under her breath.

It's good until that moment they reached the top of the hill when suddenly the bicycle's chain loss and forced them to stop from moving. "I told you right?" Jane whined as Jihoon checked out his bicycle.

He passed a silly smile to Jane, "I'm sorry," He took a peek at his watch on his left wrist, "Do you want to stay here or should we go to school now? We're late though." Jihoon shrugged as he took a step away from the girl; leaving the girl behind.

"Yah, Park Jihoon!" Cheon Jane shouted when she realized that the boy leave her behind.

"Run, you fool!" Jihoon ran backward as he said that.

"I swear to God, I'll kill you once I got you." Jane tried to catch up with the boy that was probably 100 meters ahead from her.


☂☂☂


They're 10 minutes late to school and obviously, the front gate is closed. There's no any other way other than they need to climb up the wall behind the school or else they will be late for the class. At least they have 5 minutes left till the first class start.

Since Jane couldn't reach the wall by herself, she needs the boy's help. Jihoon offered himself to be the stairs for the girl. Jane step on Jihoon's back and trying to climb up the wall. She was having a hard time at the moment as she never do this kind of thing before. Sigh.

"Yah, Cheon Jane! Can you do it right? I'm tired over here." Jihoon sighed when the girl took a long time to get over with the wall.

"I'm trying so hard over here okay? Just shut up." When she finally could take a sit on the wall, she saw someone was sitting under the tree while having a... wait, is that cigarette? 

"What are you doing there?" Jane startled when Jihoon suddenly shouted those words causing her to lost balance and fall right away on the ground. 

The boy who she saw before quickly stand up; throwed his cigarette away and tried to lend a helping hand to Jane when suddenly Jihoon appeared from the back of the girl. "What are you doing on the ground?" Jihoon grabbed the girl's hand to help her stand up.

The boy had his eyes locked on Jane as if he knows the girl for a long time. Jihoon who realized that totally doesn't feel good about it. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" He coldly asked the boy but there's no answer coming out from him.

"Just ignore him." Jane passed a smile to the boy and dragged Jihoon away from the scene, "We're late, remember?" 


☂☂☂


"Jihoon, your shoelace is untie." Jane said as she took a seat infront of the boy. Jihoon took a peek at his shoe but ignore it; end up putting his head on the table instead.

The front door of the class opened showing that the teacher has arrived, "Good morning, everyone." He greeted his students and all the kids respond it with various kind of answers. "So we have a new student coming in today." A boy walking from the outside of the class heading towards the teacher.

Jihoon lifted his head up just to see his nightmare become reality. His eyes widened as the boy infront of the class right now is the same guy they saw earlier today. And yes, he could see that the boy still had his eyes locked on Jane. Again.

"Hello. I'm Park Woojin. I'm from Busan. Nice to meet you." He bowed to the whole class as he had done with his introduction.

He walked beside Jane and stopped for a few seconds just to pass a smile to the girl. Jihoon gave a death glare to him but he couldn't care less about it because he's too busy had his eyes on the girl. Then, he took a sit at the back of the class near the door. 

After they're done with the formality, the class resumed as usual.

The bell rang showed the time for a break has come, "I told you to tie your shoe." Jane took Jihoon's feet up and tie the shoelace for him. Jihoon rolled his eyes as she did that but end up smiling.

"You said that my shoelace is untie but didn't ask me to tie it back though," Jihoon make an excuse as if he knows that Jane would eventually do it for him. Like he's been waiting for the moment to arrive.

Again; he could feel someone was staring Jane at the moment and again; it's the same person. It's Woojin. For the nth times today he has been staring at Jane.