forge

Overlooked

 

 

A year has passed.

And it has been a year since the last time Jane and Jihoon contact each other.

Jane and her family moved out as soon as Jane had done with her high school. She also got an offer to continue her study at her dream university, Seoul University.

But one day, she decided to go back to her old house to take some things left there. 

Jane entered the house with mixed feelings. It has been a year since she left this place and yes, she couldn't say that it has changed. It's still the same, just like before.

She slowly opened her room's door and entered it. She smiled at the upon seeing her old room. It really brings memories. A good memories.

She went to the window where Jihoon always called for her whenever he needs anything. "I miss him." She muttered under her breath as she smiled.

The window was tightly closed with a curtain as if he's hiding behind it. 

Suddenly her phone rang. She took out her phone from her pocket and slide on the green icon. "Hello?" She answered.

"Eung, I just arrived," She said to the caller, "Don't worry, I'll take care of myself, okay?"

She giggled, "Yah, don't you trust me?" She rolled her eyes upon the answer given by the caller on the other side, "I will see you later." She ended the call.

A message come in a few seconds after she locked her phone.
 

MySparrow❤︎: Take care of yourself! Will be waiting for you over here. Love you xoxo 10:30pm Read
 

Jane simply let out a laugh as a respond to the message.
 

☂☂☂
 

Jane was waiting for the last train to come. She needs to go back by today since she has class tomorrow.

She was walking along the station when suddenly she stopped.

It's him. He's right infront of her eyes.

Jane stunned. It's Jihoon, a few meters away from her. He wore a black coat and has a smile pasted on his face.

That smile. I miss it.

Jihoon was about to lift his hand up and waved it to the girl but quickly put his hand back. He walked slowly towards the girl who had her eyes locked on him.

Jane on the other side, couldn't hold her tears as she missed him too much. She might say that she didn't have any feelings for the boy but she couldn't deny the fact that the boy has always been by her side ever since she's born.

It's only him, who knows almost everything about her. No, not almost. But everything.

She couldn't deny that there's moment when she needed the boy the most instead of anyone else.

There's also some moment when she wanted to hide from the boy as she thought it would become a problem to him. 

She couldn't deny that she's longing for him.

But...

There's nothing she could do about it.

Jihoon approached the girl step by step and when he reached her, he wiped the tears flowing down her cheeks. "I'm sorry. How should I face you.. What I should say to you... What I should do and not do with you..." He paused, " I just had no idea."

Jane stayed quiet. She blink her eyes to let the tears left in her eyes coming out.

"But... I thought I should say good bye." Jihoon paused, "Good bye." He said with slow, delicate snow followed. "Cheon Jane."

Jane nodded her head and smiled. She looked at the back of the boy and could see the train is coming. 

Ah, it's time for me to go. It's about the time for me to leave all of these memories behind.

Jihoon who heard the sound of train, pulled the girl into his embrace and hugged her tightly as if he will never let it go.

"Ah, is that so? I think a tight hug would be a better ending. That seems more heart-warming. And it looks like their story hasn't ended yet."

Jihoon remember Jane's words before, "A tight hug," He said, "To warm your heart," A bead of tears coming out from his eyes as he said that.

Jane couldn't stop crying. Not anytime soon. She closed her eyes and let her face bury in his chest as she tighten the hug.

For the last time.

Let it be that way.