zwei

Overlooked

 

 

 

🍂🍂🍂

 

"You should go home if you want to sleep." Jane said as she saw the boy infront of her put a book on his face instead of reading it.

"I sleep here well rather than in my room." Jihoon said while crossing his arms trying to sleep while waiting for the girl is done with her study. 

"Seriously, you should study in library instead of sleeping, Park Jihoon." Jane rolled her eyes, "Look, I can't even focus when you're around." She sighed and turned her attention back towards the book in her hand.

"That's mean my existence itself is important to you, right?" Jihoon teased the girl; making her to give an annoyed glare to the boy.

Jane let the question without answering it and focus back on her revision. She would never get done with her revision if she kept entertain the boy.

1 hour has passed and Jihoon probably in his own dreamland at that moment. Jane closed the book and put her stuff in her bag before take the book to the stroller near her as it's written, 'Put the book here after you use it,' on it. She looked at Jihoon and sighed. 

"Jihoon," She tried to wake him up, "Yah, Park Jihoon." She raised her tone a little bit but right away getting scolded by the librarian. She looked at the librarian and bow as she's saying sorry to her. She gave up and end up hit the boy's back quite hard causing the boy to scream and drawing more attention from the people and also the librarian.

The librarian gave a kind of stare a murderer would give to their victim before they killed them. Jane who realized that quickly dragged Jihoon out from the library. Jihoon who couldn't follow her pace end up crossing his legs and fall onto the ground. "Yah, Park Jihoon. Are you okay?" Jane quickly bend her knees to get the boy.

"Do you think I would be okay?" He lifted his head up and rolled his eyes. He brought himself up by himself and quickly get himself out from the library; avoiding all the stares given by the people in the library especially the one who were laughing at him.

"Park Jihoon, wait for me!" Again; she tried to chase boy. Why it's always her who need to run towards him? Why he would never wait for her?


☂☂☂


"Why didn't you go home straight from the repair shop? Why did you come back?" Jane asked as soon as they took a sit in the bus. 

"Because I sleep better at library than in my room." He made an excuse to hide his real reason.

"What a talent." She said while shaking her head then focusing back on the road.

Right after she said that, both of them stayed quiet as if they're in their own world; looking outside the bus admiring the night view of Seoul. And also think about what they should do tomorrow to improve themselves; or simply trying to empty their mind.

"How can I leave you alone in the library if I knew you would sleep right away in bus?" He muttered under his breath while looking at Jane who was sitting right infront of him in the bus while having her head turning 180 degree followed the bus movement. "What a talent." He grinned as he said that.


☂☂☂


"What should I do now?" He scratched his neck while having his eyes on the empty note book infront of him. Seriously, he didn't have any idea about what he should do for his assignment. He didn't know how to start it or even what the thing he needs to do; originally. He sighed, "I could never finish this." He whined.

When he was about to start with his first word, someone entered his room without even knocking the door. He quickly turned around and could see a girl with pajama enter his room. "Can you even knock the door before you come in?" He rolled his eyes.

"Since when I need to knock your room door before I come in?" She said while heading towards the boy, "What are you doing though?" She asked. Jihoon quickly closed the note book with nothing on it and put it in the drawer next to him. 

"Nothing." He closed the drawer before turned his attention back to the girl who was standing beside her, "What are you doing here?" Jihoon asked.

"Ah, can you cook this for me?" Jane showed a cup of ramyeon to the boy, "I'm hungry." She said while trying to appeal to the boy by making a cute face. "My mum is home so I couldn't eat this."

"Stop making that face, it's annoying." He said and grabbed the girl's lips causing Jane to grunt. Jane lightly hit the boy's hand that was on his lip asking him to let her lips go. Jihoon loosen his grip and went outside to make a meal for the girl. "Do you want anything else?" He asked before he closed the door. The girl simply shook her head as she took a sit at a special spot in the room.

"It's so cozy here." She said as soon as she slammed her body onto the couch. She took the remote control on the mini table and open the television infront of her. "What should I watch?" She mumbled as she scrolled the movie listed on the screen. "This would do." She decided to watch that particular movie.

Jane was too into the movie till she didn't realize that her food is already infront of her, "Jane, do you want to eat or not?" Jihoon asked as he took a sit beside the girl. Jane turned her head around and smiled as if she's saying thank you to the boy without having her voice making any effort.

"You have been watching this movie for thousand of times," Jihoon complained when he realized that she always watched the same movie everytime she came here. Jihoon got thousand of movies in his list but this is the only movie Jane would watch. He didn't know why; he got no idea about it.

"Jihoon," She called out for his name, "Don't you think this movie is really cliche?" She asked as the movie came to an end.

"Why would you say that?" He frowned, "You said it's cliche but you watched it everytime you're here?" He couldn't get what exactly the girl trying to say.

"Don't you think that a kiss for a movie end isn't really great?" She complained.

"Huh? They fall in love so they kiss and make it as a happy ending, right?" He said, "Isn't that normal in movie?" He paused trying to read the girl's expression but he failed, "People kiss because they love each other." He made a nonsense statement. He didn't even know what love is. Or did he know?

"I just don't feel it great. Don't you think a tight hug would be nicer for an ending?" She shrugged, "That seems more heart-warming. And it looks like their story hasn't ended yet." Jane turned her face just to see that Jihoon was actually having his eyes right on her at the moment without even blink his eyes. "What?" She asked.

"Go home," Jihoon sternly said, "I want to sleep." He claimed. But he knows he couldn't sleep tonight; because of that one silly statement from Jane. 

"Whatever." She make her way out from the room leaving the boy behind.

"Cheon Jane, when you can stop making my heart fluttering?" He mumbled alone.


☂☂☂


"Where did you go?" A man asked as soon as she put her feet in the house.

"Ah, dad. I went to Jihoon's house just now. I have something to ask him." She said while making her way to the fridge to get a drink. is really dry at the moment after eat a cup of ramyeon without any water beside her. It's such a fool of her didn't ask for water from Jihoon.

"You go there often though. You could just ask him tomorrow at school, right?" Jane replied it with a giggle, "You should study at home or else your mum will get mad." Her dad said before he went into the toilet.

"Don't worry dad, I won't be second in school just because I went to Jihoon's house often." She said claiming that her dad could hear it. Suddenly her dad's phone beep showing a message came in. She went to get the phone but she saw something weird. She opened the message just to see a suspicious message coming in.

She put back her dad's phone when she heard a flush sound coming from the toilet showing that her dad is done with whatever he did in the toilet. She has a mixed feeling right now. It wasn't really what she thinks about right? She quickly shook her head and went to her room before she bumped into her dad.