fünf

Overlooked

 

 

 

🍂🍂🍂

 

"It's my mum's birthday next week. He always got her a scarf," She said while looking at Woojin, "Finally, she's getting a real present." Jane smiled.

"When is your birthday?" Woojin sudden question make she stopped drink the strawberry milk in her hand. "My birthday is in September." Again, Woojin sudden words startled the girl. She didn't know why but all his questions somehow make her heart fluttered.

"Okay, then?" Jane asked.

"When is yours?" Woojin didn't give up till the end. He felt like he needs to know about the girl more and more and he wasn't sure till what extend his curiosity will be.

"Mine?" Jane hesitated to answer but give it a try somehow, "Mine is in November." She answered it.

"Oh," Woojin nodded his head, "Where do you go after school? What you always do?" Again; tons of weird questions coming out from his mouth.

"Why would you ask that?" Jane frowned her eyebrows. Why does she feels like his questions will always be weird? But somehow makes sense?

"Because teacher said to me to ask you if I was curious about anything." Woojin paused while he took a sip on his banana milk, "I was curious about you so I asked a lot about you. Is it weird?" He scratched the back of his neck.

Jane slowly nodded her head. She raised both of her eyebrows waiting for the next words from Woojin but both of them stayed silent instead.

"Do you know," She turned her attention towards Woojin, "That you're really cheesy?"

"Didn't your heart flutter a bit?" He giggled. Jane gulped; she couldn't even deny the words properly since there's truth anywhere hidden in the deepest of her heart. "No? Nevermind then." Woojin awkwardly turned his head around; looking for the bus they've probably waiting since forever.

Jane's phone vibrated indicate someone is calling her, Jane took a peek at her phone that displayed, '저장' (Jeojang). She sighed. Should she pick it up? Or just ignore it?

Jane ended up slide the red icon instead of the green one.


☂☂☂


"What do you want to cook today?" Jihoon asked when he saw a lot of things on the dining table as if Jane's mum going to a big ceremony to celebrate something today.

"Ah, just that and that." Her mum answered. Jihoon just nodded his head. "She must turn off her phone. She always do that." Her mum said when she saw Jihoon was trying to reach Jane.

"Mrs. Cheon, I have something to ask." Jihoon said, paused his sentence to find a correct word to say, "This is about my friend," Mrs. Cheon nodded her head.
 

☂☂☂
 

Jane was walking to home when she realized there's someone followed her from behind. Jane turned her head around to see Woojin was walking right behind her as if he's tailing her home.

"Do you really have something to do here?" Jane asked Woojin with her eyes on him; stepping up the stairs. Woojin nodded his head.

"I really have something to do nearby." He said, "You live in this neighbourhood so it's kind of coincidence?"

"You're not going to say something like 'I'm going to take you back safely', right?" Woojin giggled upon the answer. She's really cute. He thought.

"I took a piano lessons here. There's no piano class in my place so I need to take it here." He explained; even if she might be true somehow. To send her safely to her house.

"Seriously?" Jane's eyes widened, "There's only one piano class here which is my mum's though..."

"Oh, that's your mum?" Woojin asked for a confirmation, "We're really somehow..." He paused, "Nevermind." Woojin said.
 

☂☂☂
 

"I'm," He quickly changed his words, "I mean, my friend," He started to explain, "He's actually confused about something. He likes a girl but he didn't know if he should ever confess to the girl because he's afraid that it might changed something between them if he ever did it."

"Well, I have something I always tell my students, 'Ask if you don't know anything,' so it would be better to ask about it rather than to stay in confusion. Ask to the one who could answer the question. That would be the fastest and precise decision." Her mum gave a long explanation to his question, "But only after you go to college." She added a reminder at the end of the word.

Jihoon unwillingly nodded his head to the answer, "I will relay it to him." He said.

As soon as Jihoon said that, the door opened showing that someone is back, "I'm back." Jane said as she took off her shoes and entered the house.

"Oh you're here." Her mum said, "Go and wash yourself. Dinner will be ready soon." 

"Okay." Jane said; she lifted her head up just to get startle on Jihoon's existence in her house.

They stared at each other for few seconds before Jihoon finally said something, "Did you enjoy your time at library?" He asked.

Jane gulped; she forget that she told Jihoon that she will be helping her mum. She thinks she's really in a deep trouble right now, "Yeah, kind of." Jane awkwardly nodded her head and make her way to her room as fast as possible.

Jihoon looked at the girl without blinking his eyes even for a second, and let out a silent sigh.
 

☂☂☂
 

Jane took a sit on her bed after she was done with dinner. Suddenly she heard Jihoon's voice outside her room saying that he's heading back to his house. Jane sighed when he heard that. "Why am I feeling guilty?" She slammed her body onto the bad as soon as she said that.
 

☂☂☂
 

"You look really sick," Jane said when she heard Jihoon didn't stop coughing ever since they're from their house just now, "You should go to hospital." Jane suggested.

"I'm okay," Jihoon tried to assure the girl, "If I ever go to hospital, you need to go home alone."

"What's a big deal about that?" She asked and frowned her eyebrows. Jihoon was acting weird lately. She thought.

Jihoon startled, "I mean, you need to bring back my bicycle. What if you fell on your way back home and hurt yourself?" Jihoon knows he was mumbling things.

"What the hell are you talking about?" She pushed Jihoon away from her asking him to go to the hospital, "I know how to handle myself so please go to the hospital," She showed a gesture asking the boy to leave when he turned around and look at her.
 

☂☂☂
 

The weather ain't helping her at all. Jane walked out from the library just to see that it's raining outside. She sighed. "What a bad day to have today?" She muttered under her breath. She looked at Jihoon's bicycle from afar and sighed again, "I need to bring that home too." Slowly she shook her head.

She walked towards the bicycle and was about to ride it when she saw something weird. She crouched just to see that the chain is loose; again. The rain hit her lightly but there's no way to stop herself from letting out a sigh. Suddenly she could feel like there's an umbrella above her head.

Jane slowly lifted her head up just to see a figure she really knows. She stunned to see him here, right beside her, "Want to walk home with me today?" He asked the girl. Without Jane realized, she was actually nodding to his words.
 

☂☂☂
 

They walked side by side under one umbrella with some laugh and talk added in between. If people ever look at them, people will mistook them as a couple instead of 'just friend' because they really look like they have known each other for a long time. 

"So we're here." Jane said and was about to go into her house when suddenly Woojin stopped her from moving.

"I have something to talk to you." His words successfully making Jane's heart beat faster than it actually did. "I will make it short," He took a deep breath before saying the next sentence, "I like you."

Jane gulped showing an expression that couldn't be explained by anyone; not even herself.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Woojin's question is getting weirder by time. She could feel it well. But she felt like there's no answer for this question. Not this time...

"That," She startled, not knowing how she could explain on how she feels right now.

"Why? Is it because of Jihoon?" Woojin asked another question that couldn't be answer by the girl; not today or anytime soon.

Jane lowered her head; avoiding the stare given by the boy before excused herself. "I will go first," She said, leaving the boy behind.