sechs

Overlooked

 

 

 

The next day went like usual despite the fact that there's an awkwardness rises in Jane's self. She didn't know why but she thinks that she couldn't face Woojin anytime soon.

"Hey, you look so off today. Is there anything happened yesterday?" Yoojung asked when she noticed the difference between yesterday's Jane and today's Jane.

Jane passed a smile to Yoojung and shook her head. When they were about to enter the class, right at that moment Woojin make his way out from the class causing the girl almost bumped into him.

The girl slowly lifted her head up to see who's infront of her and gulped as soon as she knew who was it. The boy passed a smile to her and continued walking.

"Woah, is there anything happened between two of you?" Yoojung started to tease Jane causing her to blush a little bit.

Jane shook her head, "Nothing," She looked around the class, "Where's Jihoon? I haven't see him for the whole day."

"Just now I saw Haknyeon and Hyungseob were playing soccer," Yoojung said.

"No way, Jihoon would join them right?" Jane started to get worry after remembered that Jihoon's condition was quite bad yesterday.

Jane quickly make herself way out to find for the boy at the field but he's nowhere to be seen. She let out a relief sigh, "Let's watch the game," Yoojung suggested when they already reach there. Jane nodded her head and both of them took a sit at the bench outside the court.

Both Yoojung and Jane cheered on their chosen team; voting for who will win the game since there's betting was put in the game. The loser team will buy snacks for the whole class.

From afar, Jihoon could be spotted with his bagpack on as if he's on his way to home since he felt so bad today. He wanted to rest at home. But that when he saw Jane was watching to soccer game, and he noticed there's Woojin in the game.

Jihoon felt threatened; he threw his bagpack away to the ground and decided to join the game with his pale face. Jane who saw Jihoon suddenly throw himself into the game started to get worry. She wanted to call his name so bad but she couldn't do it.

The first player that Jihoon attacked would be, Park Woojin. Everytime Woojin got the ball, Jihoon would be stealing the ball from the boy but always failed. Jihoon didn't have energy left for the game but he tried to fit in so that he wouldn't feel that he's losing.

Especially to a guy named Park Woojin.

Jihoon fell when he's about to snatch the ball from Woojin. Woojin lend his hand to help him but he refused it, "Just go." Jihoon sternly said it.

Finally, Jihoon got the ball and make his way straight to the goal post but suddenly he felt dizzy and fell onto the ground. Everyone rushed to him including Jane. 

"Park Jihoon!" Jane slowly slapping his face to wake her up, "Yah, Park Jihoon, wake up!" She called for his name but there's no respond from him.

Woojin who saw the scene; there's a spark of jealousy rises in him.
 

☂☂☂
 

Jihoon opened his eyes but quickly closed it back when he saw Jane was around.

"Park Jihoon, I know you're awake," Jane said when she realized that his position has changed a little bit. "Stop ignoring me you fool," Jane hit his forehead causing the boy to roll his eyes.

Jihoon laid himself to the right side so that he didn't need to face the girl on his left side. 

"Just go." He said.

"Seriously? Are you in your right mind?" Jane sighed, "Are you crazy? Did you take the wrong medicine? Your temperature was over 39°C. Why did you suddenly jump in?" She nagged and hit the back of the boy for few times.

"Are you done?" He woke up from the bed.

"What?" Jane startled when suddenly the boy stared right into her eyes.

"I have something to tell you." Jihoon said it with a full of confidence.

"What? What is it?" She stuttered as she said that. "What do you want to talk about that you're so confident about it?"

Jihoon stayed quiet and stared the girl for few seconds, "Meet me at the park at 10pm."

 

☂☂☂
 

Jane was doing some revision in her room but she couldn't focus at all as she kept peeking to the clock on her table to check on the time. There's 1 hour 45 minutes left till the promised time. She thought.

She put her pen aside and closed the book, "What the hell he want to say?" She mumbled, she has no idea on why she felt so nervous about it.

She tried to open her book again but she couldn't help herself from looking at the clock and end up pushed the clock down so that she wouldn't see the time moving so slow. Slow than she ever expected it will be.
 

☂☂☂
 

"Happy birthday mum," Jane wished her mother a happy birthday while passed a gift to her.

"What's this?" Her mum excitedly accepting the gift from her only daughter, she opened the box and could see a lipstick in the tiny box. "It's pretty," She said as she put the lipstick on her lips.

"You look so pretty mum," Jane said but at the same time she looked upon the clock on the wall; 1 hour to the promised time.

Her dad took out a box from behind the sofa and give it to her mum. It's a lie if Jane said she wasn't excited to see how her mother would react after getting something different from her dad this year; not a scarf anymore.

Jane's mum opened the box with zero expectation as if she knows that her husband would buy her another scarf again; just one with another design, "Nice one." She pull out the present from the box.

Jane felt betrayed by her dad. She thought he would get her mum something else for her birthday but it's still the same one. A scarf. But wait. Then where the hell the music note book went? No way. A weird plot has been written all over her mind at the moment.