acht

Overlooked

 

 

 

🍂🍂🍂

 

Jihoon was walking out from his house, on his way to the school when he suddenly saw a figure he really knows. It's her. Cheon Jane.

They looked at each other for few seconds before Jane initiated the conversation first, "It has been fixed. They said it won't be a problem anymore." Jane explained the reason why she had her bicycle in her hand; even probably Jihoon wasn't even curious about it.

Jane continued walking as soon as she said that but Jihoon on the other side, pushed his bicycle away and chased the girl. He grabbed the girl's hand and stopped herself from moving, "Yah, Cheon Jane."

She turned around to see Jihoon's face that is full of rage, "We're late." She said in calm; even if she's kind of afraid with Jihoon's expression at the moment. She continued her walk.

"Why didn't you call or text me for the whole weekend?" Jihoon asked; causing the girl to sigh.

"What about you then?" Jane's question startled the boy, "Why didn't you call me or text me the whole weekend?" As expected, there's no way he could answer the question.
 

☂☂☂
 

"Cheon Jane." He called out for her name but she kept walking, "Are you saying that we should go with our own way now?"

"There's no reason for us to go to school with one bike anymore, right?" Jane answered the question with a total non-related one.

Jihoon rolled his eyes, "You know I wasn't talking about that."

The girl sighed and stopped walking. She turned around and looked at the boy, "Do you think why we didn't text or call each other during the weekend?" She raised both of her eyebrows, "I couldn't give the answer you wanted to your question and you knew your question going to be in vain."

"Then?" 

"Let's stop ignoring the truth."

"That punk," He paused, "Are you saying that you really like him?"

Jane passed a look that couldn't be understand by either of them. She didn't know how she could answer the question.

Does she likes Jihoon? If she didn't why would she felt guilty about it? Why the hell...

She ended up ignoring his question and continued her way to school.
 

☂☂☂
 

"Stop it." She sighed, "Don't treat me as if I cheated on you."

"Then why did you do this to me?" He asked, "If we were friends," 

"I don't know you fool," She cut her words, "I don't know. I told you I don't know." She screamed in wish that the boy would stop from provoking her.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" The teacher hit both of their head after heard to them. "Raise your hand well." He said.

Both of them just rolled their eyes.
 

☂☂☂
 

Jane and Jihoon walked to the class with some distance between them. Jane didn't feel good after she shouted right in his face before.

She stopped, "Jihoon."

Jihoon continued walking but at some point, he stopped too, "Since when was it?" He asked.

Jane choked upon the question. She didn't know how she supposed to answer that question. She didn't know that the question could be this hurt. 
 

☂☂☂
 

After she decided to ditch Jihoon on that day, she walked alone along the street while crying when suddenly someone grabbed her shoulders, stopped her from moving.

Jane slowly turned her body around and could see, "I left my things at the studio so I went back there," He tried to explain, "I accidentally heard your conversation with your dad. Sorry."

Woojin lost words, he didn't know how he should explain the situation to the girl who was crying infront of him. It's complicated.

Jane stayed quiet but having her eyes deeply staring into his eyes with tears on her cheeks. "Park Woojin," She called for his name, "Why do you like me?"

"What?" He startled by the question.

"It hasn't been a month since we met. You don't know anything about me either." Jane said.

Woojin smiled, "Is there any reason needed to like someone?" He stopped; trying to find his reflection in her eyes, "Then should I stop liking you if that reason no longer exists?"

She stunned. How can the boy ever said the right thing at the right moment? At the very moment, she needs a comfort. She needs someone to rely onto.

"But if you want the answer," His next words catch her attention, "I think it's that moment," Jane raised her eyebrows; asking him to continue his words, "The school wall."
 

☂☂☂
 

"I thought my heart fluttered because I fell from a high place," Jihoon grinted his teeth as the girl said that, "So I kept telling myself," She paused; took a deep breath as she was crying, "That I don't have any feelings for him."

He choked. He knows it's over between them. He knows there's nothing left between them. He knows that she wasn't for her. He knows...

"But I couldn't help it." Jane continued her words.

And now, there's nothing they could do about it. Only tears could accompany them at this very moment.

Jane looked at Jihoon who walking away from her. She couldn't help herself but has some tears coming out from her eyes knowing that it's over between them.

It's over.