drei

Overlooked

 

 

 

🍂🍂🍂

 

"Cheon Jane?" Jihoon called out for his friend's name when he saw Jane in the class without taking her breakfast at cafe first. She had her head on the table as if she wasn't in a good mood. Is there anything happened at home after she went to mine? Did she get scolded by her mum? Those questions lingering in his mind.

Jane hummed as the answer. She lifted her head up just to see her other classmates around. Yoojung, Doyeon, Hyungseob and Haknyeon all around her at the moment. And of course, there's Jihoon right infront of her.

"Aren't you hungry?" Jihoon asked while passing a carton of milk to the girl. The girl took it and put it down. "Hey, you're the one who will always whine if you didn't take your breakfast." He said when he saw she put the milk down. He took it and again; passed it to the girl.

This time she gave up. She took the milk but keep holding onto it while looking at Jihoon who was having chocolate milk at that moment. Suddenly she felt like she wanted that chocolate milk instead of the one that's in her hand. She gulped. She stared the milk for a long time before Jihoon finally could realize it.

Jihoon laughed looking at the girl's expression. He handed the milk that he drank probably half of it to Jane. Then, he took the milk that's in Jane's hand and opened it. Jane took the chocolate milk with a big smile pasted on her face and drink it happily. She didn't care if it's left with half or almost done. It's already satisfying her to have a sip of chocolate milk.

When they're busy talking, someone came into the class; interupting their whole conversation. "Cheon Jane?" The whole attention went to the boy who was standing beside Jane's table. "Can you help me getting gym cloth from the teacher?" He asked while looking at the girl.

At that moment, Jihoon's eyes were already ready to give a shot of laser to the boy. Jihoon stared at Woojin with an uncomfortable expression; he will never use to this new transfer boy. "Can you?" Woojin asked again. Jane lifted her head up high to look at Woojin then turned her attention to Jihoon. She noticed the change of expression in Jihoon so she decided to stay quiet. "Jane?" Woojin called out for her name.

"You just need to go to office right?" Jihoon stood up and put his hand around Woojin's shoulders. "I will help you then." He offered a hand leaving all of them in awe.

"But I ask for Jane though?" Woojin frowned and raised his eyebrows as he looked at Jane.

"Just, let's go, huh?" Jihoon dragged him.

"But Jane?" He walked with his head looking back as if he didn't want to move at all. Or to be exact, he wants a Cheon jane beside her instead of a Park Jihoon. But there's almost nothing he could do at the moment because; yeah. He is just a transfer student and totally new to this kind of surrounding.

"Any idea what is wrong with Jihoon?" Hyungseob asked looking at his behaviour. The others shrugged not knowing what exactly happened.
 

☂☂☂


"Hey, Jane. Do you have time tomorrow?" Jihoon asked as he was trying to catch the girl's pace along with his bicycle by his side.

Jane turned her head to look at Jihoon and raised bot of her eyebrows, "Um?" She shook her head.

"Why?" Jihoon pouted.

Jane startled by the reaction. She knows she couldn't stand that kind of attention from Jihoon. He's cute? "Uh," She paused, trying to find a right word to say, "I have something to do tomorrow. I need to accompany my mum to go somewhere."

"Ah, okay then." Jihoon couldn't say anything if it's involved her mum. Jane would never disobey her mum. Not now, back then and forever.

"Why are you asking?" Jane asked him back. Does he has any plan for them tomorrow? Should I just cancel my plan tomorrow? Uh, maybe not. It's really important to be there tomorrow or else I will never be at peace for the whole of my life.


Jihoon shook his head, "Nothing." He smiled. "Nothing to worry about." He brought his head down to hide his disappointment. He was just about to bring the girl for a date. Should he call it a date? He wasn't sure about it.

But he knows, he just want to spend some good times with the girl. 

"By the way, Jane." He looked at Jane as he said that. The girl raised her eyebrows as if she's waiting for the next words from the boy, "Do you perhaps close with Woojin now?"

"Woojin? The new kid? What's with him?" Jane frowned. She could feel something is wrong with Jihoon's question. She smell something fishy about it.

"There's nothing." He shook his head. He felt that it's better if he didn't know about it or else it will just bring a heart ache to him. "By the way, where are you going again tomorrow?" He asked, again.

"Wow, Jihoon. 19 years has passed but you still have a memory like an ostrich." She didn't know what the relationship between memory and ostrich; she have no idea what it is about but she thought she just need to say something.

"What?" He flicked the girl's forehead using his fingers.

"Yah, Park Jihoon!" She rubbed her forehead as she gave a death glare to the boy beside her.

Jihoon who realized that he's going to get kill anytime by the girl quickly make his way out by taking few steps away from the girl.

"Don't you dare to run, Park Jihoon." She chased her and kicked him right in the . "That's it!" She yelled as soon as she saw the boy kneeling in pain. But then she realized that he looked somehow weird? Jane approached Jihoon and bend her knees to get into the same level as him, "Are you okay?" She touched his shoulders.

"Do you think I will be," He lifted his head up and grinned, "Not be okay?" He quickly flicked the girl's forehead for the second time and run away as fast as possible, as far as possible from the girl.

"You lil !!!" Jane screamed when she knew she has been trolled by a sneaky boy named Park Jihoon.

 


☂☂☂
 

A white car was parked in an abandon landyard; more like a junk site. "Why would my dad even go here though?" She frowned while hiding behind the blue barrel stuck there.

Her dad and a woman (?) coming out from the car which leaving the girl in mess. Her mind wandered around; who the hell is that woman? What the hell her father will do with the woman? And why the hell they would meet each other here instead of any public places? WHY HERE?!

She trailed her father from behind till she reached a small white cabin. She saw her dad went inside the cabin with the woman which make her went crazy then before. Too many unanswered questions in her mind; there's no way she could make it better other than confront her dad and asked him to tell the truth.

She wanted to chase her father and asked about it but as soon as she reached the cabin, her father closed the door; making the girl to stop herself.

"Jane?" She heard someone called her name. She turned her head to the left and could see a figure she really knows (?) 

"Park Woojin?" She stuttered, "What are you doing here?" She asked in confusion.