sieben

Overlooked

 

 

 

"Ah, I couldn't even focus with my study," She grabbed her own hair and sighed, "30 minutes... I should go to the studio." She said. She knows she won't be in peace if she didn't confirm it by herself.

Jane grabbed her coat as it's cold outside and decided to just go to studio instead of stressing herself in the house.
 

☂☂☂
 

She opened the door of the piano studio and entered it. She could hear someone was talking inside the studio which make her more restless.

She went down the stairs step by step when suddenly she saw her dad. She was about to call her dad but a woman came up to him with a cup of coffee in her hand, "Here's your drink." The woman gave the coffee to her dad.

"Dad," Both of them turned their attention to Jane. Only then Jane realized that the woman was holding onto the music note book; her dad bought before from Woojin's mum.

"Jane," Her dad startled with his daughter's appearance there, "I could explain it." Before her dad could ever get to her, Jane quickly make her way out from the studio.
 

☂☂☂
 

"Yes, I'm on my way home." Woojin assured his mother as he talked with her on the phone.

He was walking alone after he was done with his piano lesson today. It's weird how he never see Jane before at the studio. Why?

"Mum," He remembered something, "I left my jacket at the studio," He scratched the back of his neck. "I will go and take it first before I head back home." He said and ended the call.

"How can I ever forget that thing?" He mumbled alone.

☂☂☂
 

Jihoon couldn't wait any longer so he decided to go to the park earlier than he was supposed to.

The clock on his left wrist striked 9:30pm and obviously there's no sign that Jane will come anytime soon. He took a sit on the bench provided in the park.

He grabbed his knees as he felt nervous about meeting Cheon Jane. He knows what he wanted to say and he was really sure about that. No doubt.
 

☂☂☂
 

"Jane, I could explain." Her dad grabbed her hand; stopped her from moving any far but she quickly snapped it.

"What?" She gave a glare to her dad. There's nothing he could explain at the moment when she witnessed it by herself. Basically.

"I just want to give it to her." Her dad said.

"Dad!" She shouted.

"She said she wanted it and I feel like I need to buy it for her," He paused; trying to read his daughter's expression but failed, "I don't know why but I couldn't help it."

"That's it." Jane cut her dad's words and took a thousand steps away from her dad. All she wanted to do is run from all the problems. 

At this very moment, the tears she has been holding onto for so long, finally came out from her eyes as if there's no tomorrow. The tears keep flowing out as she's walking along the road. She didn't know why but the road seems so empty today; there's no car nor human anywhere near her.

Without her knowing, her legs brought her to the park where she was supposed to see Jihoon. Yes, she got a promise with Jihoon. Jihoon want to say something to her. How can she ever forget about that?

She took a step closer towards Jihoon but that's it. Not more than that. She wanted to approach him so bad and cried in his embrace but she wasn't sure if she could do that or not when...

She knows what Jihoon was about to say but... Will Jane react to it well?

She stared at Jihoon for a long time with tears left on her cheeks. Suddenly her mind wandered around to something Woojin said a few days ago.

"I like you." 

She sighed.