-II-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have transferred the money to you. Do check and ensure that I got the amount right.”

“Yes, I checked it this morning. If that is all, I will be closing our contract.” Yerin said as she leaned against the balcony railing.

“Thank you for your service Yerin-ssi. As expected, you do not disappoint.”

“It is my pleasure to serve,” Yerin said and ended the call, disconnecting her phone from a small device that she was holding in her left hand. It would prevent the call from being traced or potentially tapped into.

The girl walked back into her room and placed the device on her table. She opened the banking app and saw that the money had been untouched.

“You must have a lot of morals huh.” She whispered to herself as she locked her phone screen and placed it on the table. Walking downstairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water, she saw Yuna slipping on her shoes.

“Take care, be safe,” Yerin said and nodded at the girl who looked up, slightly startled by the sudden presence.

“I will.” Yuna gave the older girl a slight smile before grabbing her duffel bag and leaving. Yerin opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of cold water, looking out of the full-length windows in the hall as she let the cool liquid slide down . The setting sun washed the sky with hues of orange and purple.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Sojung asked as she strolled into the kitchen.

“I believe my thoughts are worth more than a penny.” Yerin mused as she screwed the bottle cap back on.

“A Dime?”

“Maybe a million dimes.” Yerin smiled as she walked towards the couch. “Payment for the contract 2 days ago has been received this morning. Feel free to treat yourself to anything. Like more steak maybe.”

“Thanks,” Sojung said through gritted teeth after hearing the last part. “Are you so different? I have never seen you been so warm and helpful to a complete stranger before. You like her?”

“I can’t be nice?” Yerin raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t say that. You’re just usually not so open to people you haven’t met before. You didn’t even bat an eyelid to that cu- that waitress.” Sojung said and Yerin almost cracked a smile at the older girl’s near slip-up.

“Like I said, just lending a helping hand. Same goes for all the homeless people that we have been donating to whenever we chance upon them on the streets. It’s just something I can’t bear to watch happen to someone who is a year or two younger than me.” Yerin shrugged. She doesn’t deserve to live like how I used to.

“If that’s what you say.”

 

 

It has been almost a week since the first and last meeting with Yerin. Eunbi was in charge of locking up the restaurant today. She was wiping down the tables when she heard the door open and a couple of footsteps enter.

“Sorry, but the restaurant is closed for the day! Please come back tomorrow!” Eunbi shouted without turning to look at the people who had just entered as she wiped the last few tables near the back. A small smile unconsciously formed when she approached the table that Yerin and her friends were sitting the other day.

“Oh, we’re not here to eat.” A gruff voice said in a mocking tone, sending chills down Eunbi’s back. She slowly turned around with dread to see a group of at least 7 men who had made themselves comfortable at the front, effectively blocking the only exit she had. She was trapped.

“What do you want? I told you, I haven’t got my pay yet.” Eunbi said as she dropped the wet rag on the table, leaning against the wooden surface in an attempt to act nonchalant. She could pay them right now with the cheque and get them off her tail once and for all but the ticket to freedom was at home, sitting safely in Eunha’s drawer. .

“So? Your payment is due. Boss has waited long enough.” The thug said as he pulled a pack of cigarettes out from his front pocket. He snapped his fingers and another thug stepped forwards with a lighter in hand to ignite the stick in his mouth.

“My payment can’t be due if I have nothing to pay with and for the love of god, look behind you at the sign on the wall,” Eunbi said and nodded behind them. The man turned around and saw a sign that says, “No smoking.”

“That sort of attitude is what gets you in trouble little girl.” He taunted as he stood up from his seat. Eunbi was ready to splash her pail of dirty water at him if he tries something funny.

“Your sort of business is what gets you in trouble.”

“Listen here you brat.” He lunged forward and grabbed Eunbi by the collar, pushing her against th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter