-XVIII-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yerin.” The man smiled when he saw the girl get out of her car. Yerin took off her shades, clipping it on her shirt as she leaned in to give the man a short hug and a pat on the back.

“Justin. What’s new?” Yerin asked and he gestured towards the business jet parked on the tarmac.

“Let’s talk inside. I have something to show you.” Justin said as she led Yerin towards the jet. They boarded and made themselves comfortable in the spacious and leather seats.

“What would you like? Coffee? Tea? Juice?” He asked.

“Some orange juice would be nice.” Yerin smiled. He snapped his fingers and one of men walked to the front to get them drinks.

“I shall show you what I have found.” Justin said as he reached over to grab the laptop from the seat beside him. Yerin watched as he booted it up and clicked on a few things.

“Did you find out who did it?” Yerin asked. “Who was the one who started this by tipping the mafia off.”

“Unfortunately, no. We don’t have his identity, but we do have some intel on who he might be. Very reliable. It was from someone who happened to chance over their careless meeting in an open area. We had to search for him for a while, but he was very cooperative.” Justin said as he tilted the laptop towards Yerin. On the screen was a police sketch of the person.

Jet black hair styled up with a classic cut. Dark eyes, thick eyebrows, high nose bridge and a well chiselled face.

“Never seen him before.” Yerin said. “Is he mixed? He doesn’t look Korean.”

“He might be. He also might not have known you, but we suspect he was in debt or stole from them. He must have found your family an easy scapegoat and dumped the blame.” Justin said as he brought up another file.

“We have asked our own connections and none of them know who this guy might be.”

“That’s alright. I have a friend that might be able to help.” Yerin said, furrowing her eyebrows. “Can you give me a copy of these files?”

“Of course. Give me a second.” Justin said and got up to go to the back. He returned with a thumb drive and began copying the data.

“There you go. Hope you get to the bottom of this. If you need any help with firepower, you know who to call.” He smiled and Yerin nodded.

“Thank you. I shall make a move.” She said, and Justin got up to walk her out.

“Till next time.” He nodded when they reached the bottom of the stairs. Yerin opened her car door and sunk in her seat. She took out her phone and made a call as she watched Justin’s jet power up its engines and get pushed back for take-off.

 

 

There was a jingle of the bell from the café door as a lady entered. She was wearing blue jeans and a white dress shirt with a black lanyard hanging from her neck. She took the pass and tucked it into her shirt pocket as she looked around the cafe. Her big eyes softened when her gaze landed on a dark-haired girl.

“Yerin-unnie.” The lady said with a smile as she sat down.

“I told you you didn’t have to call me unnie. I don’t favour formalities.” Yerin chuckled but nodded anyway, acknowledging the lady in front of her.

“It’s a force of habit.” She gave a sheepish grin. “How have you been, doc?”

“Not too bad. How about you, officer? Has work been tough?” Yerin teased back.

“It’s been better. I got a couple of new cases in my hands now so I’m a little busy.”

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t disturb you, did I?” Yerin apologised after hearing the lady’s words.

“Nope not at all. Anything for a good ol’ friend eh? What do you want? My treat.” She looked towards the counter.

“An iced latte will do. Thanks.” Yerin said and the lady nodded before walking off. The dark-haired girl watched as her friend waited for their order by the counter.

“Iced latte and a mocha frappe for... Jihyo-ssi?” The barista called out. Jihyo took the drinks and walked back to the table.

“So, I’m guessing you send Sojung that day to meet with me because you were too lazy?” Jihyo asked, sipping her drink.

“Bingo. I mean... She is the leader so it’s alright.” Yerin shot the lady a cheeky grin.

“Tsk. The world sure is small. Never expected one of my own officers in my team to be friends with your new crew member.”

“I guess this is how connections are made. Kim Dahyun was it?” Yerin asked and Jihyo nodded.

“How is Eunbi?”

“She’s alright. We’re dating now.” Yerin said and Jihyo choked on her drink. The former quickly reached over and patted her friend’s back, handing her a napkin.

“Sorry, you said that so casually and I wasn’t expecting that.” Jihyo coughed as she laughed. “Doc Jung’s first girlfriend in a few years huh?”

“Yea yea. I wasn’t expecting it but you know... I guess it just happens. She’s a great person.” Yerin smiled as she stirred her drink with the straw.

“You sound so in love right now. This is the first time I’ve seen you so blissful.” Jihyo said with a gentle smile. “I’m happy for you.”

“Thank you.” Yerin smiled back, touched by the sincerity of her words.

“Oh right, back to the reason why we’re here.” Jihyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter