-XIV-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m so going to burn that hellhole down,” Eunbi growled, incensed as she slammed her fist on the table. Sojung shot her a nervous glance. This was the first time they had seen Eunbi this furious, with the exception of Eunha.

“And kill all the innocent club goers that are there for a fun time? No. We’re to keep civilian casualties at a minimum. 1 civilian casualty is 1 death too much.” Yerin shot back sharply and Eunbi glared at her. Indeed, there was some sense in Yerin’s words. It was pointless to drag the innocent down. Eunbi let out a deep breath as she looked down at the mahogany surface with her jaw clenched.

“This is very different from what is required of us. How should we go about doing this?” Yuna asked as she shifted in her seat, clearly uncomfortable with the tension handing in the air.

“Surveillance will have to be done by one person. I’ve checked, there’s only one building that we can use as a vantage point and it is facing the place where we will be bagging the money. We’ll split into 2 cars. We’ll use the X6 for getting away and the sedan for holding the loot. There’s an estimate of 12 duffel bags worth of stuff so you know what to do.” Yerin stated as she scribbled the key points down on the whiteboard. “We’ll go in groups of twos. We're bringing more firepower with us because things are bound to go wrong. Regardless of what happens, we’ll meet back at the money bank. Whatever bags you have, toss them out of the window. The person below will load them in and we’re pulling out once we’ve emptied the place.”

“Surveillance has a sniper?” Eunha asked.

“Yes. That’s the person that will be providing cover fire for us.” Yerin nodded. She looked at Eunbi who was staring at the board with her arms crossed. “Any questions? If none, we’ll pay the club a visit tomorrow night.”

Eunha raised a small hand and Yerin looked at the girl, nodding to acknowledge her.

“Can I be on surveillance?”

“Sure. One shot one kill. You down?”

“Definitely,” Eunha smirked.

“Meeting is adjourned then,” Yerin announced. Eunbi was about to leave the room when Yerin stopped her.

“What is it?” Eunbi asked as she heaved a sigh. She had to admit, she was slightly disappointed by what Yerin had said. Though her words made sense, she had thought the older girl would have understood her intentions.

“Are you okay?” Yerin questioned as she walked closer to Eunbi.

“I’m fine.”

“Hey,” Yerin said softly, stopping in front of Eunbi. She rested a hand on the girl’s upper arm, causing Eunbi looked up. “I know what you mean, and I know what you’re trying to do. I turned down your idea but I never shot down the other thoughts you had. Did I?”

Eunbi’s eyes widened when she realized what Yerin was trying to say. The dark-haired girl let her hand slip down Eunbi’s arm to take the latter’s hand into hers, brushing the back of Eunbi’s hand with the pad of her thumb.

“I got your back.” Yerin gave a tender smile and looked straight into the younger girl’s nut-brown eyes. Her gaze was firm and assuring and Eunbi knew that she meant every word she said.

This was when Eunbi realized she had completely fallen for Yerin. The way she had always kept her cool no matter how urgent the situation was. The way she took care of everyone without asking for any recognition or anything at all in return. The way she treated Eunbi with never-ending tenderness and patience, even if the latter was slow at learning the ropes.

Yerin was the epitome of serenity and kindness. A true angel. And Eunbi didn’t know if she could ever be good enough for such a precious person.

“Get some rest, you look tired,” Yerin said as she nodded towards the door.

“Can I sleep in your bed tonight, Yerin?” Eunbi asked, boosted by a sudden surge of courage. Yerin was surprised by the girl’s sudden request but complied anyway.

Eunbi sat by the edge of Yerin’s bed as she waited for the girl to return from the washroom. She looked around and noted certain things she hadn’t noticed from the previous time she was in the room. Everything in the room was neatly arranged and there was not a single object out of place or a speck of dust to be found anywhere. She saw a photo frame on Yerin’s desk, positioned beside the 3rd monitor. She walked closer and saw that it was a picture of Yerin when she was much younger.

She had the biggest smile Eunbi had ever seen and was sitting on the lap of an older man. To his left was a kind looking lady, completely focused on Yerin and holding the little girl’s hand. There was also a teenaged boy, standing between the couple with a hand resting on Yerin’s head. His position seemed awkward but Eunbi could tell that he still cared a lot for the youngest member of the family.

“B?”

Eunbi jumped slightly and turned around to see Yerin closing the door with a set of pink pyjamas on.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have touched your stuff without asking,” Eunbi said, lowering her head in guilt.

“I didn’t say anything about that. I was going to ask you why are you still awake.” Yerin said as she walked closer to Eunbi. “Was I cute?”

“Yea. You still are.” Eunbi said and Yerin chuckled.

“Thanks, I guess.” The older girl smiled as she walked back to her bed. She propped her pillows up against the headboard and leaned against them, stretching her legs out. She patted the space beside her on the king-sized bed and Eunbi joined her.

“What’s with the sudden request?” Yerin asked and Eunbi shrugged, wiggling her toes.

“I don’t know either really. I… want to spend more time with you?”

Yerin nodded at Eunbi’s answer. She slowly slid down, making herself comfortable. Eunbi followed suit and they laid on their backs, staring at the ceiling in silence. Eunbi was dead tired and her eyes felt like they were about to shut any moment but she forced herself to stay awake just so that she could listen to Yerin’s relaxed breathing as well as to enjoy the girl’s presence. It worked for about 5 minutes but soon, her fatigue took over and she was sound asleep.

The dark-haired girl turned to look at Eunbi after she realized that the girl’s breathing had slowed significantly. She saw that Eunbi had her side and was now facing Yerin. Yerin slowly raised a hand to place it on Eunbi’s head, just as how the girl had once done to her. Eunbi’s hair was softer than Yerin thought it would be. She gingerly combed through the dark brown locks as she looked at Eunbi’s face.

“Cute,” Yerin whispered so softly that it was almost inaudible. “Are you trying to muster up the courage to ask me out?” She smiled as her gaze trailed over the sleeping girl’s features. “Never thought I would like someone like you but I have to admit, you have a very charming first impression.”

She pulled the blanket over Eunbi’s should the girl snuggled up to the warmth, making Yerin smile once more. The latter tucked herself into bed and listened to Eunbi’s slow, rhythmic breathing as she too, slipped into dreamland.

 

 

“Guard approaching team Eunha said as she looked through the scope. Her vision was restricted but she could roughly make out what was going on based on the floorplans and movements. Yerin took Eunbi’s hand and interlocked their fingers, pulling the shocked girl behind her.A.”

Yerin drew her suppressed from the holster and unlatched the safety singlehandedly. Eunbi looked at the girl and felt Yerin’s hand tighten. They could now hear the footsteps of the approaching guard and Yerin raised the gun. His foot came into sight and then his entire body. Time seemed to slow as he turned his head and realized that he wasn’t the only one along the corridor where they were hiding but it was too late.

Yerin squeezed the trigger before he could draw his own gun and Eunbi reached out to catch the man by the arm before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter