-XVII-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin stifled a yawn as she scrolled through the news on her phone. It was almost noon, but they were still in bed. They, being Eunbi and her. The younger girl had asked Yerin if she could sleep with her again last night.

The dark-haired girl looked down at the head of dishevelled hair that was resting on her shoulder. Eunbi had rolled over in the middle of the night and used Yerin as a personal bolster, tangling their legs together and resting her arm on the latter’s stomach.

Yerin slowly pulled her hand out from under the blanket to push the sleeping girl’s hair back so that she wouldn’t be disturbed by her own hair. She looked at Eunbi’s face with a soft gaze, listening to her calm breathing. It took Yerin sometime before she could tear her eyes off Eunbi’s angelic sleeping face. She raised her phone to check the time. 10:03 am. She locked her phone and placed it on the nightstand before closing her eyes.

A little more sleep won’t hurt, she thought to herself as she slowly drifted back to sleep with Eunbi by her side.

 

 

Yerin woke up from the feeling that someone was staring at her. She cracked an eye open just in time to see Eunbi looking away.

“Good morning.” Yerin greeted, voice slightly husky.

“It’s 12:10,” Eunbi said softly, rubbing her eye against Yerin’s arm.

“It was morning when I woke earlier,” Yerin said, moving her arms to wrap them around the younger girl.

“You did?” Eunbi asked and felt Yerin hum in response.

“For a while. Are you hungry?”

“Just a little. You?” Eunbi looked up.

“A little too. Do you want to get up?” Yerin asked and Eunbi shook her head, hugging Yerin tighter.

“This is too comfortable.” She said, nuzzling her face into the older girl’s shirt.

“A little while more then.” Yerin smiled and the girl’s hair. They lay in silence as Yerin twirled a lock of Eunbi’s hair around her fingers.

Yerin stared at the ceiling as she mindlessly let the girl’s smooth hair slip through her fingers. Eunbi didn’t know but she had created a whole list of firsts for Yerin in just a day and a half.

The first time she rode the Viking, first time on a Ferris wheel in almost a decade, first time making someone so blissful, the first person she dated, the first time she woke up beside someone she really liked. Yerin couldn’t help but think how many more ‘firsts’ Eunbi would create for her in the future.

She looked down at the girl whose eyes were closed.

“Your eyelashes are really long,” Yerin said.

“I get that a lot,” Eunbi replied.

“Well, I think we should get up now,” Yerin said and Eunbi pouted but sat up. They got out of bed and washed up before going downstairs.

Sojung was sitting on the couch with a stern look on her face as she looked at something on her phone.

“Is she angry?” Eunbi asked.

“No, just concentrating,” Yerin replied without looking at the older girl. She saw a plastic bag on the kitchen table and pulled at the side to see what’s inside.

“You can heat it up, it’s some tteokbokki and jajangmyeon,” Sojung said from the couch.

“Oh, okay. Thanks.” Yerin called back as she took the food out of the bag and placed them in the microwave.

“Yennie-ah, come,” Sojung said and the girl walked out of the kitchen. Eunbi stayed inside to give the two their privacy.

“Did anything happen yesterday?” Sojung asked and Yerin raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean?”

“Like, did anything special happen? You seem... happier in general.” Sojung said as she looked at the younger girl with a suspicious gaze.

“Well… I’m sure even if I don’t say it, you’ll know what happened.” Yerin said and Sojung’s eyes widened.

“During the date?” Sojung asked, leaning forward in anticipation. Yerin nodded and the taller girl leapt up from the couch, punching the air with her fist as she whooped, causing Eunbi to look at them from the kitchen out of curiosity.

“Why? You placed a bet with someone didn’t you?” Yerin sighed and the leader grinned.

“Hell yeah! JUNG EUNBI!” She yelled as she walked towards the stairs with long strides. “You owe me lunch!”

“What got her so excited?” Eunbi asked when Yerin returned to the kitchen. The timer had gone off while Yerin was outside so Eunbi took it out instead and prepared the utensils. The dark-haired girl slid onto the bar stool with a slight smile on her face.

“She and Eunha must have made a bet on how long it would take for us to get together or something.” Yerin chortled.

“Tsk. I’m somehow not surprised.” Eunbi said and picked up her chopsticks.

“Neither am I.”

 

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

 

Yerin carefully took the gun out of the box before pushing it to Yuna who inspected the cartridges inside.

“What’s up?” Eunbi asked as she walked into the storage room.

“Checking the new gun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter