-XIX-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sharp bang echoed around the empty warehouse as the bullet pierced through a couple of wooden targets.

“Nice. Let’s check the gloves.” Yuna said as she walked over to Eunbi. She checked the gloves on Eunbi’s hand for any traces of heat damage from the gas discharge but there was none.

“Guess my grip was right.” Eunbi commented as she pulled the black gloves off. She reverted back to her grip as she took aim and fired another shot on the Model 500.

“Seems alright.” Yuna said, looking at the second hole on the wooden target.

“How do you know all this stuff anyway? Remembering so many things and not seeming to forget any.” Eunbi asked as she spun the canister.

“It’s embarrassing to say it with my own mouth, but I have good memory. I tend to remember many things even though they might be useless sometimes. But I remember them well.” Yuna said sheepishly after the girl fired the gun.

“It’s a cool skill you know? I would guess you aced your exams.” Eunbi laughed as she took aim.

“I could have if I had more motivation to actually study.” Yuna jested and Eunbi snorted as she pulled the trigger, causing her bullet to misfire and hit the metal sheet a little to the right.

“Oops.” Eunbi chuckled. “Hey, is that a hole?”

“Oh, yea it is. Damn, this gun is more powerful than I thought it was. Either that or that’s a flimsy aluminium sheet.” Yuna said as Eunbi locked the safety and they walked towards the metal sheet.

“That’s a hole through a thin piece of steel alright.” Yuna said when they were close enough to see the bullet hole. She ran her finger over the pierced metal, impressed by the damage.

“Yuna-unnie.”

“Hmm?” The girl hummed mindlessly.

“Do you like Yewon?” Eunbi asked.

“What!” The girl screamed as she turned around and Eunbi almost dropped her gun when she raised her hands to cover her ears.

“Thanks for teaching me you have excellent voice projection.” Eunbi said, hearing slightly muffled after the loud screech that echoed throughout the warehouse.

“I’m sorry, but what? No way!” Yuna scoffed as if it was the most ridiculous thing in the world.

“I’m just asking anyway since you guys look really close, always bickering and messing around. No need to get so defensive. Unless something really is up.” Eunbi said with a cheeky grin, wiggling her eyebrows at Yuna who glared at her.

“We bicker too much to like each other.” Yuna stated simply.

“But opposites do attract.” Eunbi nudged Yuna’s arm and the girl rolled her eyes.

“No. We’re good friends. Period.”

“Alright alright, if that’s what you say.” Eunbi raised her hands in defence. “Here, your turn.” She said and handed the gun to Yuna.

 

 

"Yerin-unnie. There's an update." Yewon said urgently as she rushed down the stairs

"Let me see." Yerin extended her hand and Yewon placed her phone in the girl's open hand. It was an email from someone claiming to have seen him hanging around an internet café.

“I just received it an hour ago.” Yewon said.

“Liaise with him. Ask him when is a good time to meet up.” Yerin said as she hurriedly dug into her pocket for her phone. She pressed Jihyo’s name and placed a call.

“On it.” Yewon nodded as she looked down at her phone to send a reply.

“Hello? Jihyo, I have a lead.” Yerin said the moment the officer picked up, gaze hardened as an image of the sketch appeared in her mind.

 

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

 

“Yerin. Sorry I couldn’t come yesterday.” Jihyo said as she got into Yerin’s car. The latter stepped on the gas as soon as Jihyo shut the door.

“No worries, we had to set up a meeting time with the guy anyway. I’m sure you know why I had to bring you along.” Yerin said as she drove towards the internet café.

“Of course. Which is why I have this with me.” Jihyo said, patting her staff pass that was hanging on a lanyard from her neck. “People can’t refuse to talk to this pass.”

Yerin gave a tight smile at her friend’s effort to lighten the mood. It was a half hour drive to the said destination and Jihyo relaxed in her seat.

“What do you plan to do when you find him?” Jihyo asked softly.

“Get answers. I’m going to squeeze the answers out of him, whether he likes it or not.” Yerin said sharply and Jihyo looked over at her friend. Yerin’s grip on the steering wheel was so tight that her knuckles had turned white. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her gaze was cold.

“You’re not going to kill him, are you?” Jihyo asked, worried for her friend. Yerin’s silence increased her worry but she decided not to press on. They arrived at the café and immediately got to work.

“Our contact said he would be at the back of the café waiting for us. He’s wearing a black shirt today.” Yerin said when they walked in. Jihyo nodded and flashed her pass at the man at the counter.

“Hi, we would like to speak with one of the customers inside, if you don’t mind. We’ll ask a few questions without disturbing the other patrons.” Jihyo said in her business tone and the man nodded. They walked to the back and saw a lone figure in a black pullover.

“That must be our guy.” Yerin said and they approached him.

“Excuse me.” Jihyo started, lightly tapping his shoulder to get his attention since his headphones were on.

“Oh, how can I help you?” the boy said as he removed his headphones and turned around.

“I’m Yerin, this is Jihyo.” The dark-haired girl introduced and a look of realization dawned on the boy’s face.

“Ah, Yerin. You’re the one who’s looking for that guy, right?” he asked and Yerin nodded.

“I’m an officer.” Jihyo said and showed the boy her pass. “We’ll just ask you a couple of questions about him. If you know anything else about him, do feel free to tell us. It would be of great help.”

‘No problem. Have a seat first, officers.” He said as he pulled another chair over.

“To start off, what’s his name?” Yerin asked and Jihyo took out her phone to take notes.

“His name is Junseo. Kang Junseo. 26 years old, about 5’6” in height. Black hair, dark brown eyes. Am I giving too much?” he asked and Yerin shook her head.

“Keep going. It gives us a more accurate description of him since we only have that flimsy sketch.” She said. “What’s your relationship with him?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter