-VI-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin rubbed her eyes as she looked at the computer screen. She had connected her phone and a card reader with a key card inserted in it and was currently waiting for the data to be copied into the computer and transferred to the card. Sojung had created this program a couple of months ago to help them get things done more efficiently. Rather than entering line after line of codes each time to reset the card, she created a software that does it for you. Genius.

“Coffee, unnie?” Yewon asked as she placed two cups down on the table slightly behind the laptop.

“Thanks, Yewon. Did you sleep well?” Yerin asked as she reached out to take a cup of coffee.

“I guess. Did you?” She replied as she sat behind Yerin on the couch.

“As usual,” Yerin said after taking a sip. “I think we should be able to go ahead and check out the office later. At midnight when the city is asleep. Can’t risk entering the manager’s secured office while he is inside can we?”

“How do we get in? I would think the guards will still be around even after the place is closed for the day.”

“That’s where our stealth comes in to play,” Yerin said as she drew the floor plan of the bank up over the coding screen. “Masks on and we’ll sneak in. I’ll disable the alarm system first from the circuit box at the back of the building. What comes next, we’ll decide as we go along with the plan. This will be to bug the CEO’s office.”

“Ah okay. I understand what you mean.” Yewon smiled.

“How’s your course going?” Yerin asked as she pushed herself up from the carpeted floor to sit beside Yewon and slung her arm over the girl’s shoulder.

“It’s manageable. What about you, unnie? How’s your love life going?” Yewon asked slyly and Yerin scowled at the younger girl.

“I’m going to pretend you didn’t just ask that,” Yerin said and retracted her arm only to raise both hands in front of Yewon’s face and wiggle her fingers. The latter immediately knew what was going to happen and she squealed, giggling as she shot herself off the couch and ran for the stairs only to crash into Eunbi who was walking down. Luckily, the girl managed to catch Yewon and grabbed the handrail, preventing them from falling.

“Oops sorry, didn’t see you there,” Yewon said as she steadied herself, still giggling slightly. She looked back and saw Yerin approaching. “Got to blast.” She said hurriedly and disappeared up the stairs in an instant.

“What’s up with her?” Eunbi asked when Yerin stood in front of her. “I heard giggling.”

“Nothing. You didn’t hurt your hand catching her, did you?” Yerin said, sounding monotonous once again.

“No. Morning, by the way.” Eunbi greeted.

“Morning. Breakfast?” Yerin offered.

“Sure.” Eunbi smiled and followed Yerin to the kitchen. She watched as the girl warmed up a pan that was already on the stove. The girl came to a conclusion; Yerin’s arms were illegal. If wasn’t closed she bet she herself would have started drooling at how the muscles in her forearm flexed under that pale, smooth skin as Yerin swirled the pancake mix around the pan. Eunbi totally didn’t almost die when Yerin flipped the pancake.

“1? 2?” Yerin asked as she scooped the pancake onto a plate.

“2, thank you,” Eunbi replied. Honestly, she wasn’t really a breakfast person. She could never find it in her to stomach much right after waking up but if Yerin was cooking, she’s would find a way to eat whatever the girl had prepared. She also totally didn’t ask for a second pancake just to see Yerin’s pan handling skills in action.

When she was done, she took a bottle of syrup from the cabinet and a bottle of whipped cream from the fridge.

“Enjoy,” Yerin said as she handed a fork and knife to Eunbi before leaving to check on her laptop. Eunbi smiled at the pancakes and she was very sure she looked crazy but who cares. These were Yerin’s pancakes she was about to savour. She poured the syrup on and squeezed a blob of whipped cream on the top and returned it to the fridge before it melts and dug in, refraining herself from making a weird noise with every bite. It wasn’t some award-winning recipe made with special ingredients because it really was just instant pancake mix that was 110% store bought but there was something about it that made them taste better than any pancake Eunbi had ever had in her life.

Maybe I’m just hungry, she thought. Or maybe it’s the love she put in thes- Pfft, who are you kidding, she scooped the mix from a big bowl. She’s probably going to make it for everyone when they come out.

Eunbi finished her breakfast and washed her plate and utensils.

“There’s coffee in the pot if you’d like. Creamer is in the fridge, top pocket.” Yerin called out from the living room and Eunbi assumed the girl was talking to her. She poured herself a cup and added the creamer before walking out to join Yerin who was looking intensely at the computer.

“What are you doing?” Eunbi asked as she sat down in the spot where Yewon had previously sat.

“Collecting my key card.” She replied as a line appeared at the bottom of the screen, indicating that the programming was complete. Yerin removed the key card and disconnected the reader and the phone before shutting the screen.

“You’re so cool, unnie,” Eunbi said unconsciously

“Am I really?” Yerin asked as she stood up.

“You don’t think so?” Eunbi asked, looking up at Yerin.

“I don’t think about myself,” Yerin said and walked back up to her room. She heard a room door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter