-XV-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll take the coke and half the bags of cash. Keep the rest for payment and extra tip." The client said as she unloaded her share of the loot from the sedan.

"You sure? It's a lot of money." Sojung raised an eyebrow.

"It's alright. You guys worked hard. I heard the report of the incident this morning. The death toll was slightly shocking but it seems like the mafia won't be in existence from today onwards. Which also means your friend won't have to worry about being harassed by them ever again." the lady removed her shades to reveal her hazel orbs."I'll be honest with you since you guys seem like genuinely nice people if you exclude the assassin part. I’m an undercover cop.” The lady said and Sojung’s eyebrow arched even more as she tensed up, becoming slightly defensive.

“Pardon me for being sceptical but this is the first time hearing of a cop hiring a gang of assassins to raid a nightclub.” The taller girl chuckled lightly.

“I have to admit, it does sound funny. But not to worry, I’m not here to try to nab you and the syndicate at once. I genuinely needed your help because this isn’t an official raid. These aren’t for the police.” The lady looked at the bags and back at Sojung. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m not some black-market drug dealer. It’s a bit hard to explain but these will be… Destroyed. So to speak.”

“I wouldn’t question your intentions, Officer Park.” Sojung smiled. “But I have to ask, how did you know where to contact us? I’m having a hard time picturing you snooping around on the internet trying to find contract killers.”

“I have a friend that is close to one of the members of your crew. Hwang Eunbi. My friend told me that the girl has some trouble with this gang of hooligans, so I decided to do a little research and help your member out a little. I would say, it paid off well. And don't worry about getting tracked down, I will personally make sure that any trace that was left behind by you and your crew are destroyed as well.”

“I see. Thank you. And by any chance, can I convey the message to Eunbi?” Sojung asked.

“Tell her it was Kim Dahyun.” The lady grinned, showing off her set of pearly whites. She looked down at her watch. “Oh, I must go. I have another appointment to attend to. It was nice working with you, Sojung-ssi.”

“I could say the same to you, Jihyo-ssi,” Sojung smirked at the officer who laughed and got into her car.

 

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

 

"Dahyun? Huh, I should send her a message later. I'm surprised she remembers me." Eunbi scratched her head as Eunha let out a sigh beside her.

"We've been out of school for less than a year, Eunbi. Unless she got whacked in the head, I don't think she will ever forget her beagle friend."

“Oh right, it’s been less than half a year. It feels like it’s been more though.” Eunbi slid down from the backrest to lay her head on Eunha’s lap.

“Maybe because you’ve been busy. With both work and school.” Yuna offered and Eunbi shrugged.

“Maybe. What should we do today though?”

“Want to go out for lunch? Catch a movie, go... have fun.” Yewon suggested.

“Or just stay at home and be lazy?” Yuna added with a chuckle.

“I don’t know but that’s your problem,” Sojung said as she walked around the couch to stand behind Eunha and placed her hands on the girl’s shoulders. “We have places to be.”

“Going out on a date? Have fun.” Eunbi sniggered and Eunha lightly slapped the girl’s head as she got up.

“Now if you’ll excuse us, we have places to be,” Sojung said and held out her arm for Eunha to take and they walked up the stairs to get dressed in a showy fashion, causing the 3 girls to erupt in laughter.

“How about you? Do you have a date with Yerin-unnie to attend to?” Yewon teased and Eunbi scrunched up her face.

“We’re not dating.”

“Yet.” Yuna pointed out and Eunbi almost jumped at the girl.

“Yet what?” Yerin asked as she walked down the stairs.

“Are you going out?” Yewon asked, seeing that older girl was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a red flannel with sleeves pushed up to her elbows. Eunbi looked at Yerin who had stopped at the bottom of the stairs and was signalling for her to come.

Eunbi got up from the couch and approached the girl who was putting her watch on.

“Go get changed. We’ll leave when you’re ready.” Yerin said and Eunbi tilted her head.

“We?”

“Yes. You’re bored, aren’t you? So, we’re going out for lunch and... to do whatever you want to do after that.” Yerin said.

“Oh.” Eunbi nodded but remained in her spot. Yerin raised an eyebrow at the girl who wasn’t moving. “Oh. Right.” The girl said as she ducked past Yerin, slightly flustered.

“Going on your date, unnie?” Yuna grinned and Yerin ruffled the girl’s hair. “Yes. Take care of the house while we’re gone. Or go out with Yewon. Whichever you want.”

“Come back with a girlfriend, Yerin-unnie.” Yewon teased and earned herself a light smack on the head.

“Tease them instead,” Yerin said as she pointed to her back at the couple who just came down the stairs.

“How did you know we were here?” Eunha asked in amazement. She and Sojung hadn’t said a word and walked down pretty quietly in her opinion.

“She has a very strong sixth sense,” Sojung said and winked at Yerin. “You can’t creep up on her, but she can creep up on you.”

“Wise words, leader-nim. Run along now, don’t keep your date waiting.” Yerin grinned and the couple walked to the front door. “Take care.”

“You too,” Sojung said before closing the door.

Eunbi came back down, now dressed in black jeans and a black flannel over a well-fitting black shirt.

“Let’s go?” Eunbi asked when she saw the 3 girls staring at her.

“Damn she has a nice figure.” Yuna gaped at Eunbi who walked towards them and Yewon nudged Yuna in the ribs with her elbow. Yerin smiled and nodded, walking to the balcony to slip on their shoes.

“Can I drive?” Eunbi asked and Yerin shrugged.

“Why not? Today is your day.” Yerin waved her hand.

“My day?”

“You call the shots. I’m here as your date to make you happier.” Yerin grinned and walked towards the Maserati.

“So, you’re only going out with me so that I won’t be bored at home?” Eunbi asked, starting the engine. “How sweet, Dr Jung.” She cooed as they belted up.

Eunbi decided to take Yerin to Lotte world but of course, the girl didn’t know that. It was a 15-minute drive away from their apartment block but Eunbi decided that 15 minutes was too short. She took a longer route that circled around central Seoul before continuing on towards their intended destination.

“Where are we going?” Yerin asked after they drove across the bridge.

“Lotte world.” Eunbi grinned.

“You could have gone straight at the first junction we were at?” Yerin asked, confused at why Eunbi turned left and subsequently took them in a huge circle.

“I uhm... didn’t know that,” Eunbi said, not looking at Yerin. The latter rolled her eyes with an amused smile. As if Eunbi, a person who was excellent with directions, would ever take a wrong turn and not realize it until she toured the entire central area.

They arrived in another 10 minutes and Eunbi cut the engine.

“Let’s eat before going on the rides.” Eunbi bounced on the balls of her feet. She hadn’t been to a theme park in a very long time and was feeling ecstatic now that she was back. So what if she was 20 years old? She still wanted to have fun.

“I hope we’re walking around before getting on the rides or it’s going to get nasty.” Yerin chortled as she let Eunbi hold her hand to lead the way to the restaurant.She won’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter