-III-

Contract Killer: Vendetta
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin opened the medicine cabinet and pulled out a plastic tray. She hovered her fingers over the neatly labelled boxes and tapped on one before pulling it out. She checked to ensure that she had taken the right box before placing the tray back into the cabinet. She took a glass from the drying rack and rinsed it before filling it with warm water from the flask and walked back up to the guest room where Eunbi was recuperating.

The girl entered the room to see Eunbi staring blankly at the ceiling. Yerin placed the medicine and the glass of water down on the bedside table before dragging the swivel chair from the desk to the bedside.

“Take this before you start asking questions,” Yerin instructed as she carefully helped Eunbi sit upright, puffing the pillows to make the girl comfortable. She placed a pill in the girl’s hand and handed her the glass of water, watching as the girl popped the pill with a bitter face.

“What happened? Why am I here? Where is this anyway? How did you find me? And that girl earlier, who was she?” Eunbi rambled the moment she gulped down the glass of water.

“You were almost killed by the mafia back there when they ambushed you. I was going to find you to have a little chat but instead, I found you half dead and swamped by gang members. Thankfully I reached just in time to save you from being killed and took you here where you can rest and recover safely. That girl earlier is… my friend. And also, my housemate.” Yerin answered calmly, unfazed by the barrage of questions. “Any more questions?” she asked, slightly amused.

“The ringleader. You shot him?”

“Yes. Him and the other guy.” Yerin confirmed.

“How about the last remaining member? The one that was going to shoot me.”

“I took him down before he could pull the trigger and shot him as well. I must say though, you are one fearless and brutal fighter.” Yerin smiled and Eunbi knitted her eyebrows together.

“You mean the ones I murdered? I never planned for that to happen but I guess I had to since it was either I die or they die. What to do though? Will I go to jail? Will you go to jail? We just murdered people!” Eunbi suddenly yelped when the entire situation processed in her mind.

“Calm down, no one is going to jail. I have sent a team to clean up the scene before I left last night as well as to destroy the CCTV footage. No one will know or hear about this incident.” Yerin assured the girl who was still tensed up. Eunbi looked cautiously at Yerin.

“Who are you? Exactly? First, you give me practically your entire bank account, then you erase an entire crime scene. Are you part of the mafia too?” Eunbi narrowed her eyes.

“If I was part of the mafia and had intentions to harm you, I don’t think I would have saved you last night, carried you to my car and brought you all the way back here to patch you up. I could have killed you in your sleep but you’re still talking to me now aren’t you?” Yerin chuckled.

“Then… What are you? What kind of power must you have to do all this stuff?”

“I’m… A contract killer. Or hired assassin if you may.” Yerin said after some hesitation. “I’m in no way affiliated with any organisation. I work for myself. This is my safe house. Our safe house. The girl you saw earlier also works with me.”

“So… You kill people for a living.” Eunbi said bluntly.

“You could say that.”

“So why me? Why choose to help and save me?” Eunbi asked.

“To put it simply, I just wanted to get you back on the right track. Your friend too. Which reminds me.” Yerin stood up and grabbed a phone from the desk, handing it to Eunbi. “You might want to return your friend’s calls and update her on your current condition.”

Eunbi looked at her phone and saw that she had over 20 missed calls and messages from Eunha. She quickly swiped on one of the missed calls. The call was picked up after only one dial tone.

“Hello?” Eunha’s panicked voice could be heard on the other side.

“Eunha-ya, it’s me, Eunbi.” The girl said and she heard a sigh of relief.

“Where are you? I couldn’t reach you all night and you didn’t come home. I was worried sick so I went to the restaurant but it was closed. What happened?” Eunha asked, sounding slightly relieved to hear her friend’s voice but still a tad worried.

“It’s a bit of a long story. Do you want to…” Eunbi looked at Yerin as if asking a silent question and the latter nodded. “Do you want to come over to where I am first? I promise I’ll explain everything when you’re here.”

“Alright. Send me the address and I’ll be right over. Geez, you had me so worried there.” Eunha whined and Eunbi laughed.

“I’m sorry. Travel safe okay?” Eunbi said sheepishly before ending the call.

 

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

 

“Coming!” Sojung yelled as she peeled her from off the couch. She was completely immersed in her movie when the doorbell rang followed by incessant knocking. “I’m coming! Oh my god! Can’t you wait!” She yelled as she unlocked the door. She swung it open, ready to give the irritating visitor a piece of her mind when she stopped.

“Oh? It’s you?” the shorte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter