Love and happiness

Like the ocean

The friendship of the five young men grew even stronger after this fateful event and not even Mrs. Jung could do something against it over the two years that went by.

It wasn't a secret to YunHo that his twin brother YooChun was attracted to their friend JunSu for years and when JunSu accepted YooChun as his boyfriend all of them did their best to keep it a secret, especially in front of YooChun's and YunHo's mother. She wasn't in the least one bit pleased with the fact that her sons would spend their summer vacation together with JaeJoong for more than a month in Busan but she also couldn't do anything against it.

“Have you packed everything?” JangLi asked JaeJoong as the latter was just zipping up his bag.

“Yes, umma. You asked that for the last 15 minutes,” the 17-year-old replied a bit annoyed yet with a smile on his lips.

“Yah! Don't you dare to mock your old mother,” JangLi responded, ruffling the black hair of JaeJoong into a wonderful mess.

“Yah! Stop that! They'll be here in ten minutes!” JaeJoong replied, freeing himself from his mother before he rushed into the bathroom to comb his raven locks once more.

“It'll be lonely without you,” JangLi said softly with a sad smile as she stood in the door frame of their bathroom. Ever since JaeJoong's grandparents had died last year, the big house was rather empty except for when JaeJoong's friends were staying over.

“It's just a month,” JaeJoong replied, hugging his mother tightly to his chest. The ringing of the bell reminded them of JaeJoong's friends' arrival.

“They're here. I have to go,” JaeJoong said before he grabbed his bag and the jacket which lay on his bed. “I love you,” he mumbled when he pecked his mother's cheek before he went down to put his shoes on. JangLi wandered about JaeJoong's neat room before she followed him downstairs. She smiled to herself when she noticed that JaeJoong had taken his little tiger with him.

“Oh, hey, Mrs. Kim,” she was greeted by one of the young men that were waiting for her son to finally get ready.

“Hello, YunHo,” she responded to YunHo who had grown taller and more handsome over the past two years.

“Gosh, JaeJoong-hyung. Hurry up or we might miss our bus,” ChangMin whined from outside when JaeJoong was still fighting with one of his shoes.

“Yeah, yeah. I'm done. We can- Wah! YunHo, don't pull me like that!” JaeJoong shrieked surprised as YunHo grabbed his wrist, his bag hanging over YunHo's shoulder, and dragged him towards the bus they had to take. A faint blush was adorning his face the entire way to their bus that would take them to the summer camp in Busan they would be staying at for their last summer vacation before they had to attend university next year. The feelings JaeJoong held for YunHo were still a secret to everyone: his mother, his friends and YunHo, of course. He was too shy to confess to YunHo and above all feared that he would be pushed away. But he didn't know that YooChun, JunSu and ChangMin had already discovered his hidden feelings.

They were one of the last groups that reached the bus towards their summer camp and were glad to find five free seats that were close to one another. ChangMin found his place next to a guy called KiBum and was separated from JunSu and YooChun by one row. The empty seats next to the two love-birds were for YunHo and JaeJoong who couldn't decide on who was going to sit at the small window and who wasn't.

“God, JaeJoong-hyung. We all know that you like to sit at the window, so get your on that seat,” ChangMin's voice interrupted the arguing young men and caused JaeJoong to close his mouth, blush furiously and sit silently down onto the seat next to the window. It earned the small group some snickering from the entire bus that was subsiding just minutes later when the last group reached the bus and their trip of four-and-a-half hours started.

“We could change seats during the stops, if you really want me to sit next to the window,” YunHo mumbled quietly next to JaeJoong's ear who was staring out of the window. He slightly turned his head towards YunHo, his eyes locking shortly with the brown pair of YunHo, before he snapped his head back again, hiding the blush that made its way into his face.

“Okay,” he mumbled back before he reached for his black iPod and stuffed the earphones into his ears. With the music blasting into his ears he hoped to calm down his thumping heart. He wasn't used to be this close to YunHo for straight four hours and tried to distract himself with music and the scenery of Korea's nature displayed outside of the window. It wasn't long after that he had fallen asleep and didn't notice the stops they were passing every hour. YunHo didn't wake him since he couldn't bring himself to do so. He enjoyed it too much to have JaeJoong's head on his shoulder and the latter's body snuggled against his own form. He fell asleep for himself soon afterwards, his head resting on JaeJoong's.

YooChun and JunSu were snickering when they came back into the bus after they had gone to the toilet and took out their camera. YooChun wrapped his arms around JunSu's waist from behind and placed his chin on the latter's shoulder while JunSu was taking a picture of their sleeping friends. A smile of contentment scurried over their lips at the display and JunSu leaned back into YooChun's embrace. They were lucky that next to them, ChangMin and that guy KiBum no one else was inside of the bus and could disturb their moment.

The last two hours of the trip were thoroughly spent with sleeping or low chattering inside of the entire bus until they finally reached their goal. YunHo was the first to wake up and notice his surroundings. YooChun, JunSu and ChangMin had already gotten up from their seats and were waiting for him and the still sleeping JaeJoong. He turned his head towards JaeJoong's sleeping face, his eyes softening as he took in the view of the dreaming one's facial features so close to him. He slowly and gently removed the earphone out of JaeJoong's right ear before he tried to wake him up.

“JaeJoong-ah~” he whispered close to JaeJoong's ear, slightly shaking the other's shoulder in an attempt of waking him up.

“Hm~ five more minutes, umma,” he received as a mumbled reply from the sleeping one that snuggled his face deeper into YunHo's neck. With a smirk on his lips, YunHo reached his left hand out and took the tip of JaeJoong's nose between his thumb and fisted fingers. With a slight tuck on JaeJoong's nose the latter's face scrunched a bit, eyebrows furrowing until the heavy eyelids finally flew open.

“Y-yah! Yunnie!” JaeJoong whined, his cheeks shimmering in a red glow and a pout adorning his lips while he was slapping YunHo's arm. It earned him nothing but laughter and mocking from his friends. The pout didn't leave his full lips even after they had already reached the small hut they would be staying in for the next month which lay close to a beach.

“Oh, come on, Jae. I didn't mean to mock you,” YunHo said for the umpteenth time but still fell on deaf ears. It drove YunHo nuts to see JaeJoong's pout and how the bottom lip would push forward and make the already plump lips even fuller. It was hard to resist that urge to capture these full kiss-pads and taste the kisses of JaeJoong.

“Okay, Su and I sleep on that bed,” YooChun's voice vibrated through the wooden room while he was pointing at the top of a king-size bunk bed. He tossed his and JunSu's bags onto the two mattresses before he made his way towards the bathroom.

“I take this one,” ChangMin said and put his bag onto the only queen-size bed inside of the room that was made for exactly five people. Well, and according to Cocker, that meant YunHo and JaeJoong had to share the bottom part of the king-size bunk bed. JaeJoong grew silent as he registered the information, his cheeks again showing a hint of pink before his bag was pulled out of his hands.

“H-hey! What are you doing?” he asked YunHo who tossed his bag onto the side of the bed that was closest to the little window.

“You sleep here,” YunHo decided and put his own bag onto the other side of the mattress. “You can see the moon clearly then,” he mumbled under his breath but JaeJoong still caught his words. That JaeJoong loved the moon a lot was something everyone knew, but whenever YunHo mentioned it then he remembered why he loved to see the moon so much. It was because of their sleepovers that JaeJoong learned to love the moon because the heavenly shine would always illuminate YunHo's sleeping figure in the middle of the night and made it easier for JaeJoong to fall asleep.

He silently obeyed and opened his bag to get the things out that he wanted to stuff into the bathroom YunHo just went into after YooChun had come back. He stared down into his bag and smiled warmly when he got hold of his little tiger. He pecked the black plastic-nose slightly before he placed the stuffed animal next to his pillow, right into the space between his and YunHo's side of the bed. How would he be able to survive the nights next to YunHo without being too nervous to even close his eyes to sleep? He didn't know, but he would have to find a method sooner or later.

It was just an hour later that the five boys were inside of the big dining hall surrounded by all the other people they had been travelling with and some others that were also staying at the camp from everywhere else. Their little group of five people gained some more attention because JunSu and ChangMin were fighting about who could eat more. ChangMin was a master in eating for at least three people but JunSu wasn't that bad either. It wasn't new for them to gain strange gazes or mumbling behind their backs about the two boys' behaviour and so they got used to it rather early.

“Aish, Chunnie! Get your hands out of my trousers,” JunSu hissed at the exploring fingers of his boyfriend that were touching him under the warm blanket wrapped around him and YooChun. It was night time and they were supposed to be sleeping. Well, supposed was the keyword.

“Yah! Stop molesting my brother, you !” ChangMin remarked rather loudly and threw a pillow after YooChun who withdrew his seeking fingers from JunSu's warm skin.

“Stop screaming. You might wake JaeJoong up,” YooChun hissed as he threw the fluffy weapon back to its owner. Apparently, JaeJoong was the only one sleeping so far and it wasn't that difficult for him to fall asleep in the first place. To his luck, YunHo had decided to take a shower first before he wanted to go to bed and therefore he could sleep without a crazily thumping heart. He was snuggled warmly into the blanket and clenched his little tiger tight to his heart. His soft and even breathing was leaving his parted lips and resounded ever so softly inside of the darkened room. Well, JaeJoong was always a fast and deep sleeper even though he sometimes woke up in the middle of the night. But this occurred most of the time when the full moon was shining down on him.

“I didn't know you're such a ert, Chun,” YunHo's low voice vibrated through the room when he came out of the bathroom, earning him a chuckle from his brother who snuggled closer to his boyfriend. JunSu pecked him lightly on the lips before he snuggled closer against YooChun's chest, sleep slowly overtaking the blondish-brown haired boy.

With a deep sigh YunHo lay down onto his own mattress, his eyes falling onto the steadily sinking and rising back of JaeJoong under the duvet before he snuggled himself into his blanket and cushion. But his sleep didn't last long.

Everyone was sound asleep when he woke up in the middle of the night because of an unbearable warmth he felt. He gulped his saliva as he felt something nudging against his back before he slowly turned his head around. His eyes widened as he was greeted with JaeJoong's sleeping form snuggling against him, hogging half of his mattress and clung onto his blanket. It didn't do YunHo good that JaeJoong's left shoulder was exposed and peeked from under the warm duvet, greeting YunHo's dilated eyes and caused a problem somewhere down south.

'!' YunHo cursed mentally at the reaction of his own body towards the actions of the sleeping boy. Of course the dreaming JaeJoong couldn't know what he did to YunHo with his parted plump lips, exposed shoulder and snuggling body. It took YunHo minutes to free himself from the arousing sight until he could rush into the bathroom and get control over his growing problem.

It was a rather sleepless night for him as JaeJoong still hogged his mattress and didn't move back to his own side. But he used the night to watch JaeJoong sleeping, something he hadn't done for a long time.

*

The next days went by not that much different from their first day except for that JaeJoong somewhat tended to avoid YunHo, which was rather understandable after JaeJoong had seen YunHo just in his boxers coming out of the bathroom. Since then JaeJoong hadn't so innocent thoughts about YunHo and felt too ashamed to look YunHo even in the eye. His friends noticed his odd behaviour and tried everything to get to talk to him. YooChun and JunSu had success in cornering JaeJoong next to their hut, hidden for anyone who could eavesdrop them.

“What is wrong, JaeJoong?” YooChun asked as soon as they reached the hidden spot behind their wooden hut.

“W-what do you mean?” JaeJoong stuttered back, confused as to why his two friends had taken him to this place.

“You're avoiding YunHo. Rather obviously, if I may say that,” JunSu said, concern audible in his voice.

“I-I don't-”

“You are,” YooChun interrupted JaeJoong whose heart was racing with his fear and nervousness. “He is confused why you suddenly hate him,” he added with a soft voice.

“I don't hate him,” JaeJoong mumbled back, his head hanging low. Maybe he should tell them what YunHo meant to him, but then again he was afraid that they might despise him.

“We know. You love him,” JunSu said straight into JaeJoong's face, a punch directly into JaeJoong's thumping heart.

“H-how do you-” JaeJoong mumbled, voice trembling and eyes filled with tears at the truth that was spoken out so bluntly. It cut through his heart like a knife.

“Your eyes,” JunSu replied softly, cupping his friend's face and thumbed away the tears that were slowly leaving JaeJoong's blue eyes. “They're speaking so much love and are sparkling whenever they fall onto YunHo,” he whispered as he drew the trembling JaeJoong into his arms. JaeJoong couldn't hold back his tears. He didn't deserve to have such kind friends for the sinful love he held for his cousin but he still felt happy to have them with him.

“You should tell him, Jae,” YooChun remarked softly as he patted the top of JaeJoong's head gently. JaeJoong shook his head in response, sniffing slightly before he looked at YooChun and JunSu by turns.

“I can't,” he said softly. “It .... It would be wrong,” he added before he turned away to leave towards the beach. He needed some time for himself, the emotional turmoil inside of him too much to handle in front of YooChun and JunSu.

“Why wrong? Because he's your cousin?” YooChun replied loud enough for JaeJoong to catch his words. It earned him a sad smile from JaeJoong before the latter vanished into the small forest that led towards the beach. YooChun and JunSu were sadly looking after his retreating back, JaeJoong's soft sobs carried by the wind into their ears.

It was hours later, the sun was soon to be setting and JaeJoong was still alone at the beach. YooChun, JunSu and ChangMin were worried and wanted to look after him when YunHo came back into their hut. The light-brown haired had spent some time for himself, too, thinking about why JaeJoong was so different and if maybe he did something wrong.

“Where's JaeJoong?” he asked as he couldn't spot his secret crush.

“At the beach,” JunSu mumbled back, looking out of the window at the said direction.

“You love him more than anything else, right?” YooChun suddenly asked before he turned to his brother. “You wouldn't run away because you're cousins, right?” he further said, his red eyes showing YunHo that his twin brother had been crying.

“W-what-” YunHo wanted to know, too confused to say something. Of course he loved JaeJoong, didn't YooChun already know this?

“He is so afraid of losing you,” JunSu cut in, staring with teary eyes at his friend.

“Hyung, please. Tell him,” ChangMin now said, approaching YunHo until the taller boy stood right in front of him. “He waits for you, he has always waited for you,” he added, the words piercing YunHo's heart and were opening his eyes. It wasn't long after that YunHo was rushing towards the beach. Why hadn't he thought of this earlier? Why had he never questioned JaeJoong's behaviour towards him? He was always treated differently, more special. And it was always in some case related to him that JaeJoong's cheeks were turning red and that he grew silent. He should have noticed way earlier now that he thought about it.

*

The roar of the sea was accompanied by the screams of the seagulls, the wind brushing against the wavy surface and JaeJoong's form as the black haired was staring quietly at the blue water and the bluish-grey sky. His puffy red eyes were following two seagulls that were flying around one another, the flirting of the two birds causing a sad smile to appear on his full lips.

The sand he was sitting on was cold, his bare feet buried in the brownish-white substance and fingers scraping through it. He sighed deeply from time to time, the waves splashing against the shore drowning his depressed noises. He stared sadly at the ground in front of him, not noticing any of his surroundings when he thought once again back to his encounter with YooChun and JunSu. YooChun was right. He feared that everything would break apart at the fact that he and YunHo were cousins. He knew that society and his entire family would be against it, disgusted even, and would separate them. He didn't want to feel the pain of being separated from YunHo and so he decided that it would be its best when he wouldn't tell YunHo his feelings in the first place.

A sudden flash of light startled him, the soft 'click' that resounded through the fresh air almost drowned by the roaring of the sea. His eyes fell onto YunHo standing next to him with a camera in his hands. He looked into the other direction immediately, trying to hide his puffy eyes.

“It's rather cold for the middle of July, don't you think?” YunHo said as he sat down right next to JaeJoong, trying to start a conversation. He couldn't just burst out his feelings now, could he? But to his misfortune, JaeJoong mumbled just a quiet 'yeah' and fell silent once more.

“Jae,” he tried to address JaeJoong but the latter didn't react. A sting went through his heart, his facial expression turning sad. Maybe he really had just imagined what he thought JaeJoong might feel for him. Maybe he really was just a friend. “Why do you hate me?” he mumbled softly, the hurtful words snapping JaeJoong out of his depressed state.

“I'm not,” he responded immediately, facing YunHo with furrowed eyebrows.

“Then why are you avoiding me lately?” YunHo interrupted him, his sad eyes locking with JaeJoong's blue ones which were watering once again. “Don't you know that it hurts me more than anything else?” he breathed, his left hand darting out to palm JaeJoong's cheek where fresh tears were slowly streaming down. He turned his body towards JaeJoong, cupping the latter's face and stared deep into JaeJoong's teary eyes whose colour resembled the blue of the sea perfectly. “I love you,” he whispered, the warm words letting the butterflies in JaeJoong's tummy come to life and caused him to cry even more.

“I love you so much,” YunHo whispered once more before he touched JaeJoong's lips softly with his. He thumbed away JaeJoong's tears, a blush adorning his own cheeks as he smiled softly at JaeJoong.

“B-but-” JaeJoong responded with a trembling voice, his eyes seeking for YunHo's, the warm brown melting his heart a lot more than the soft touch of their lips had already done.

“Don't you love me?” YunHo asked shyly back, his voice full of insecurity of the feelings JaeJoong held for him.

“I-I do,” JaeJoong stuttered, closing his eyes once more with freshly falling tears before he spoke further, “So much that it hurts.” It earned him another soft kiss, his hands slowly reaching for YunHo's warm palms that were still cupping his flushed face.

“It is everything we need,” YunHo mumbled against JaeJoong's lips after he had broken apart, his eyes locking once more with the blue pair of JaeJoong. “Everything that counts, is our love,” he added before he sealed their new relationship with yet another soft kiss.

They returned half an hour later to their wooden hut, their fingers intertwined and cheeks glowing red as they were greeted with cheerful outbursts by their friends. The three younger ones were just happy that both were smiling and finally together.

“Took you long enough,” was the sheepish reply of ChangMin when the small group made their way towards the dining hall. It was late in the evening after all and ChangMin was damn hungry.

Shy smiles were resting on both their lips during dinner time, their feet entwined under the table, dancing with one another secretly. But YooChun, JunSu and ChangMin weren't dumb. With suppressed grins they underwent their two friends' flirting silently and didn't disturb them.

And later in the evening, when the time came to sleep once more, both YunHo and JaeJoong had found the perfect method to overcome a sleepless night. It was lying next to your loved one and having him close to your heart. They slept peacefully snuggled against each other, content smiles on their lips and their hands intertwined under their warm blankets.