Doesn't love depend on the heart?

Like the ocean

“Don't,” JaeJoong pleaded under his sobs when YunHo had just reached the tree, throwing away his fears and worries as his heart was yearning too much for YunHo to hold him.

“Don't leave me,” he cried, his flushed face buried in his hands when he shed his tears without hesitation.

YunHo slowly spun around, his teary eyes falling onto the slumped heap of weeping form on the ground that was JaeJoong. He slowly entered the warmth of JaeJoong's bedroom once more, closing the glass door behind him gently and quietly whilst listening to the soft pleas and sobs of the smaller one.

“Jae,” he whispered, crouching down in front of the black haired boy who was mumbling something into his hands that were shielding his teary face. It hurt him so much to see JaeJoong like this, his heart aching and yearning for nothing but to hold him in his arms.

“So much,” YunHo caught JaeJoong's faint voice, his sobs and sniffing interrupting his mumbled words. “Every single one is so dear to me,” he further heard, assuming for himself that JaeJoong was speaking about their wonderful shared memories.

His sad gaze softened when JaeJoong mumbled under his tears how much he missed him, how much he missed his embrace, his lips, his warmth. It gave YunHo strength to finally wrap his arms around the trembling figure of JaeJoong who was slightly stiffening due to the familiar and longed for touch. YunHo tightened his grip around JaeJoong's fragile form when he felt JaeJoong slipping his arms hesitatingly around his body, clutching the fabric of his pullover. Soft whimpers were reaching his ears, warmth emanating from JaeJoong and making its way through his chilled bones when he drew soothing circles on JaeJoong's trembling back.

“Ssh, Jae. I'm here,” YunHo whispered, caressing JaeJoong's back and held him even tighter.

“D-don't leave me,” JaeJoong pleaded, burying his teary face in YunHo's shoulder as he circled his arms around the latter's neck and held tight onto him as if YunHo would vanish once he would loosen his grip - like YunHo always did in his dreams; his nightmares.

“I won't. I won't,” YunHo chanted, burying his right hand in JaeJoong's raven locks as he rocked the latter back and forth, whispering soothing words into JaeJoong's ears.

“I love you,” JaeJoong whispered, his voice raspy from all his crying. He slightly pulled back, loosening his grip around YunHo's neck as he softly shook his head. “We can't,” he said reluctantly, trying to ignore the cries of his heart.

“Why, Jae? Why can't we be together?” YunHo remarked softly, gently grabbing JaeJoong's chin when he forced the latter to look at him. JaeJoong averted his gaze once his teary blue eyes locked with YunHo's warm pair. His lips were trembling, quivering with the words that lay on his tongue.

“Y-you're my cousin, my relative. I-it's forbidden,” he whispered ever so softly, tears trickling down his cheeks at his own words. He knew deep down inside he didn't care as long as YunHo was by his side, but his fear of Jung HaeWon was stronger than that.

“Why forbidden, JaeJoong?” YunHo responded, forcing the smaller once more to look at him. He saw fear in JaeJoong's eyes, hesitation and a hint of longing. JaeJoong's pupils were shifting from side to side, averting the piercing gaze of YunHo.

“You're my cousin, yes, so distantly related to me,” YunHo further said, caressing JaeJoong's flushed warm cheek gently with his thumb. “But isn't that unnecessary compared to love? Isn't it allowed for us, two males who can't have children anyway, to be together?”

These words made JaeJoong look up and deep into YunHo's chocolate-brown eyes. His lips were parted, eyes watering when YunHo's words were sinking into his heavy heart, lifting the heavy chains that were wrapped around it.

“B-but-” JaeJoong wanted to interrupt but was stopped by YunHo's finger on top of his lips. The digit was cold against his lips, yet YunHo's warmth emanated from it in waves.

“Don't you love me as much as I love you?” YunHo asked softly, insecurity vibrating in his voice when he thumbed JaeJoong's cheek gently. It earned him a soft sigh from JaeJoong whose head dropped just a little, hiding the redness that covered his face.

“Y-yes, I love you. So much,” he whispered, the words almost slipping YunHo's ears as he clutched YunHo's pullover with his hands. His heart was racing rapidly in his chest, hammering against his ribcage with a constant 'thump', 'thump'. He stared deep into YunHo's loving eyes, his face flushed beet red and resembling a ripe apple when he found the courage to say more, “My heart belongs to you and no one else.”

YunHo blushed deeply at JaeJoong's words, the strength and confidence that lay in them letting his heartbeat increase. He couldn't stop himself as he leaned forward to capture JaeJoong's plump lips with his but before he could claim them, JaeJoong turned his head just a little away.

“I-I can't, YunHo,” JaeJoong mumbled, a lonely tear rolling down his flushed cheek when he rejected what he himself was yearning for. “I-I'm scared,” he further mumbled, eyebrows furrowed when a face flashed before his eyes. “Of her. I fear her so much,” he babbled further, shaking his head softly from side to side when he thought of YunHo's mother.

“S-she won't accept me. No one will. I love you so much, but this .... this is-” JaeJoong's eyes were widened when he felt a pair of lips on top of his own, YunHo's hands cupping his face and he himself clutched the fabric of YunHo's pullover. His eyelids slowly fell over his eyes the longer YunHo kissed him, warmth coursing through his body when their breaths mingled between their locked lips.

“W-what are you doing?” JaeJoong asked in a daze, his eyes half open when he stared back at YunHo whose hands were holding his face gently, his fingers fondling the skin of his neck.

“Taking away your worries,” YunHo breathed, smiling softly before he sealed JaeJoong's warm lips with his once more. Both were drowning in the touch between their lips, slowly leaning back onto the carpeted floor of JaeJoong's bedroom.