oo4. the girl who cried wolf

Pandromeda Reviews [BUSY! HIRING AGAIN - COME HELP ME]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Username: undergroundmuses

Story Title (&link): the girl who cried wolf

Main Characters (+pairings): Taehyung, Jisoo

Genre(s): Romance, Supernatural, Angst

Current Length (No. of Chapters): 5

Rated?: No

Reviewer: KissDromedaGirl


 

_______________ ✦일번; part one; the beginning. ✦_______________

 

 

n/a

 

 

_______________ ✦이번; the second part; the seam.✦_______________

 

Characterization; 15/15

Jisoo: You kept up her image you displayed right off the bat, and even when you made her seem cold or nonchalant about things and the others (mainly wolves) were questioning why she was that way, it shows real depth in your character. You're making her real. Which says a lot compared to some people. By not having her randomly doing cute things or acting a way you never portrayed before (e.g. being a loud person when she's usually quiet, etc.) you kept her image nice and consistent. I really dislike when people write their characters doing random things that you never saw them doing previous or doing without any intention in their writing whatsoever - do you get what I'm saying?

Jisoo is lovely in this though. And relateable. And not a know-it-all, which I was almost afraid she would be  for some reason, I don't know why.

Taehyung: I am not a huge BTS fan, but Taehyung was an eye-catcher for me. But even then I try to look at characters I may favor with a new light. Here, he seems almost intimidating, yet ruggedly charming. Which is quite easy to imagine, so I think your portrayal and character selection was good.

I would like to mention, however, that me being nearly anti-romance/anti-fluff, that this damned fic made me ship VSoo so hard. I am angry about this.

In this, he seems so cool (not like... swag cool, but calm-cool, you get me?) and able to go with the flow, so it was interesting that all of a sudden he's nearly out of his head trying to find Jisoo and then flabbergasted to learn she called him on accident. And then she nearly bashes his belief in mates. His reactions are fluid and concise with his portrayal so I'm happy. Like I said in Jisoo's part, some writers may have put down a stranger reaction to the call or some unseemingly different way of their character. You stick to the script and make it so easy to follow and read and connect to the characters.

Others:
Yoongi - it was interesting seeing him as a "villian" of sorts.
Jennie blowing up was a good thing to show in this. It helped explain some things, like why Jisoo is so... distant from the world.
I think for the characterization and your choice of having each girl of a different species was a good placement. Jennie as a Hunter is one of the best things I've read in a while, because it fits her so well. And Lisa is so smol in this. Namjoon is a perfect alpha wolf and it's amusing to see how he is literally tired and used to Yoongi so much, and yet still a good friend because he keeps him as his beta and doesn't take anything out on him.
But, I do think

Please log in to read the full chapter