oo6. Shards of Us

Pandromeda Reviews [BUSY! HIRING AGAIN - COME HELP ME]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Username: KnoW_logic

Story Title (&link): Shards of Us

Main Characters (+pairings): Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun, Kim Hana (OC)

Genre(s): Angst, Arranged Marriage, Romance

Current Length (No. of Chapters): 13

Rated?: No

Reviewer: KissDromedaGirl


 

_______________ ✦일번; part one; the beginning. ✦_______________

 

Title; 5/5

It's lovely. And fits well. I like how you incorporate it into the story, too.



 

Poster/Background;5/5

I like the poster! The words on it, the effect of glass breaking; plus Park Seul is pretty. And their expressions fit well.


 

Description & Foreword; 9/10

From this, I sense a story woman who falls beneath a man, for unknown reasons, but presumably love.
And then the line you use; I like it very much.
The trailer was nice, too. ^_^



 

_______________ ✦이번; the second part; the seam.✦_______________


 

Creativity/Originality; 4/5

Usually arranged marriage stories do have a lot of fighting, but this was still nice to read. I like seeing Baekhyun and Sehun as brothers in this; their lines are refreshing, too. I think you did well with turning this into your own, and what little surprises you've added have been nice as well.


 

Plot; 12/20

I was mixed up with what truly was the plot here: the triangle relationship, Hana's own issues, fixing all of them somehow. I mean I get the three are the focus altogether. But for this, we also have subplots of Baekhyun and Minji, Baekhyun's personal issues, Sehun's kid, Hana's miscarriage, Hana's past, etc.
I like all the elements, don't get me wrong.
But I like how you got more into the sotry as you progressed, because in the beginning I was a tad confused as to where this was going and how it was going. I couldn't get the vibe of what anyone wanted or what their points were. But further on, you showed more info and some sight into their true feelings. If you keep that up, the story will get clearer, no matter if you add more and more to the subplots or actual plot. You plot is actually coming together nice as you keep on with the story.


Spelling, Vocab, and Grammar; 12/15

I noticed in the last paragraph of 'oo2' that most of it was a run-on. I tend to do that as well, but I've learned to place semi-colons or actually split up sentences. Because sometimes run-ons work, and sometimes they leave little breathing room.
I did spot some of the sentences that seemed like run-ons were actually just a bit grammatically incorrect. I can touch deeper on that, if need be. 
And for repetition, you use some adjectives back to back, so it gets stuffy. If you use them throughout in a repeated manner, it's not as bad, but some were used together in the same paragraph or something.

in oo8, *plague not plaque.

Throughout, you have some mishaps with tenses. It's super common. Just try to look out for which ones should be used.

Characterization; 10/15

Baekhyun. The main thing with Baekhyun is this: there can be gradual changes, sure, but sudde

Please log in to read the full chapter