oo7. That Drunken Night When I Met My Bias

Pandromeda Reviews [BUSY! HIRING AGAIN - COME HELP ME]
Please log in to read the full chapter


 

Username: SimplyAwesomeOne

Story Title (&link): That Drunken Night When I Met My Bias

Main Characters (+pairings): Kim Eunjae (OC) + BTS (Bangtan Boys)

Genre(s): Romance / Fluff, Humor

Current Length (No. of Chapters): 17

Rated?: No

Reviewer: KissDromedaGirl


 

_______________ ✦일번; part one; the beginning. ✦_______________

 

Title; 5/5

I expect from the title for it to be interesting and comical, too.



 

Poster/Background;5/5

I actually laughed aloud because along with the title and story line, it fits so well and I like the movement of it, too. 
I did notice the second poster, and I'm not aiming offense, but I feel that the first one suits the story line a lot better.


 

Description & Foreword; 8/10

The introductory sentence I liked a lot.
For the first sentence, it's a run-on, so check the revision sheet. Also, with the addition of saying that Song Joongki is her beau, really, really confused me. I was like, “OK,” then realized she's a crazy fangirl in the story.
I also put a note in the revision for grammar. Otherwise, the descr. gives a good intro into what the story is.

I don't mind it at all, because it works, but having the same info repeated from the descr. to the foreword felt odd. To me, I like that description more (in the foreword) so I don't kow how to go about that. Although, you do need to fix it like the one above, in regards to grammar.

The character info is nice and subtle, too. I think for fics like this, that works. And having other stars play parts makes it easier to understand with this. Otherwise, I would have avoided the chara sheet.



 

_______________ ✦이번; the second part; the seam.✦_______________


 

Creativity/Originality; 4/5

You noted your point is to make it comedic and K-Drama like, so I intentionally thought of that throughout the story.

Man... I had a good laugh throughout this. Because it was very much K-drama-like and I enjoyed the exaggerated and dramatic moments.
I do admit that there are scenes that are considered staple scenes throughout many K-dramas, like when Jaehyun confronts Eunjae. But during that, also, I wish instead of quickly just pushing it along, you could either give some flashback or spread it out more. Action goes a long way and can especially help the fact that Jimin saves her. (Side note: She should recognize Jimin's voice... even in shock. Yeah?)
But the plot to lay out pictures for the fangirls... that was actually rather creative and made me laugh.

I think all of the ideas you put in definitely aim at the fluffy, comedic, and cute atmosphere of a K-Drama and just a fan-girl centric fic. Those who adore BTS should enjoy this a lot; even the ideas and imagining those situations.

For the boys: I enjoy the little V vs Jungkook idea, and seeing you adding in others is nice, especially the subplots you incorporate. But I wouldn't add too many falling for her, because to me, that may over-cliche the whole idea. When you made Suga the way he was, I liked that right there. It adds element and a good reversal to the scheme you had going with the rest of the crew.

 

Plot; 13/20


Eunjae's life after she drunkenly meets her ultimate bias and suddenly he clings to her like a mollusk to a ship.
This is the fangirl theme all the way.

Taking that into consideration, the way it moves along is nice, but I think it'd be more enjoyable if you spaced out things, added detail, and didn't rush every scene. When adding on, you don't have to add a bunch of fluff, either, or craziness. You already have proof within your story that you know how to write out scenes and give filler, because you do it a lot. But when it comes to dramatic or action-packed moments, you lack a lot in detail and storm through.

I can see this plot going many ways, so I hope you keep up the creativity you've displayed!


Spelling, Vocab, and Grammar; 12/15

You use 'had' too much. The tenses seemed to still get mixed up, and that's a pretty common thing. So, if you need help with that further, let me know. But there's options with words to use other than 'had' when describing past tense verbs.
*Put "Yah! Stop joking around!" in another line, as it makes her friend look like she's the one saying it instead. 
 

In the first chapter, the first half, where Eunjae is drinking and gets news from her friend, the actions are sharp and short, making it mainly dialogue. Those types don't always give off the proper feel of what's going on, so having more details or thoughts (like you do with the rest of the story) might work better. Also, it was nice learning the fact here that Eunjae is a crazy fangirl.

Make sure to separate dialogue appropriately, because some of your lines mix and it makes it seem one person is saying it all when in fact, you have different people speaking. It's okay to describe a person's reaction

Please log in to read the full chapter