* 9

Black And White

It feels strange to have someone waiting home for Jungkook because the last time he had someone waiting for him was eight years ago, with his father's youger brother and his wife. He was left to their care when his parents died but there was no care there. There were bruises and hurtful words. He left three years after and pretty much took care of himself since then. He was only eleven then.

He still comes home late though because he took another shift at work. He's not the one who can afford to miss a shift offer, even if it's last minute and there is someone possible to be crazy waiting for him at home. If his almost empty apartment isn't left emptier than it already is and Jimin is a thief.

He doesn't know how Jimin survives the entire day with only a cup of ramen but he still buys takeout chicken from the grandmother who gives him discount. It's not that he's trying to starve him to forcefully kick him out of his place. It's just that that cup of ramen is really the only thing he has on his cupboard. He doesn't even buy takeout chicken unless it's New Year.

He half expects a thrown apartment when he opens his door but is left with an opened mouth when he opens it and sees it literally sparkling. It's not that he's exactly a messy person but between school and work, school and work, school and work, there really is not much time left to tidy up if he wants to sleep and stay alive.

"Welcome back," Jimin comes up and smiles at him, his smile making his place sparkle even more. "How was your day?"

Jungkook doesn't close his mouth. He doesn't know how. He can't believe that he just found Jimin and unconscious last night and now, he cleaned his place like it's the most expensive apartment in the city and is asking him how was his day. He can't remember how long has it been since someone asked him that. Not that he really gave anybody a chance to do that in his latter years but how long? He honestly can't remember.

"I worked two shifts today," Jungkook finds himself answering.

"Really? You must be exhausted," Jimin looks genuinely concerned. He takes the takeout chicken and Jungkook's bag from him.

"What did you do to my apartment?"

"I cleaned. Sorry, I was intruding," Jimin added.

Jungkook looks at him like what the . He doesn't even know if he's irritated or pissed off or neither. There is just too much new that's going on for over two nights.

"It's - It's alright," he says softly. He doesn't know he can still speak soft. "Let's eat. I bought chicken."