* 15

Black And White

There are no corned beef, canned sardines and MSG at Thane. There are also no cashiers (they pay whatever they buy annually with card), no elevators or walkalators and no instant rice. Actually, there are no instant or artificial preservatives at all at Thane.

"But you don't cook, right? You have that machine," Jungkook asks.

"Yes, but we grow ingredients," Jimin smiles, looking through different artificial flavors and instant food. "Humans are amazing. They manage to make everything instant."

He knows it's pure admiration but there's still a bitter pang in his tongue when Jimin said that. Lazy. Humans are lazy, that’s what he thinks.

"What's this? What's this?" Jimin takes his mind off it easily. He's pointing at a potted bonsai. It's a rose bonsai that has little buds of tiny roses.

"It's a bonsai," Jungkook answers patiently, finding himself smiling along with Jimin. "People cultivate plants and put them in small pots like this."

"It's beautiful," Jimin says in awe. "Really beautiful."

He tells Jungkook they don't do anything with plants at Thane, mostly keeping them in forests and reserves so they will be in their natural state.

"These are made from wild bushes, plants that will die anyway but they made them into these," Jimin says, pointing at a note under the pot. "Admirable."

Jungkook doesn't know that but he feels proud of it. Maybe there is still hope for humanity after all.

They eat at a legit restaurant for lunch. It's nothing expensive compared to where Jungkook's classmates are always eating but it's a hundred times nicer than the takeout they are always getting food from. Jungkook takes out something.

"Here," he says.

Jimin looks confused. "What is this, Jungkook?"

Jungkook suddenly feels embarrassed. He looks away and shrugs, "Clothes. You've been wearing my clothes, right? Thought it'd be nice for you to have your own clothes."

He doesn't mention that it's not good for him to see him wearing anymore loose clothes and he doesn't realize why he bought Jimin clothes in the first place. What is he thinking? Like Jimin can stay with him forever?

But the meaning is not lost to Jimin. He gives him one of his brightest smiles and exclaims, "Thank you, Jungkook!"

He grins. He doesn't know he can grin. "You're welcome, Jimin."

And it's nice. Jimin's name leaving his lips. It's like everything that's happening that day is nice, can only be nice. It's nice.