Chapter 6

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

Baekhyun woke up because something was tickling his nose. He wrinkled his nose and sniffed, hoping that it would be gone. But there was it again which lead the dark-haired guy to mumble annoyed. Soon the scent of coffee came to his nose and he opened his tired eyes. Baekhyun needed to blink a few times before he could see a grass streak in front of his nose. “What the…”, he mumbled and get up. After yawning he rubbed his eyes again and saw Chanyeol who kneed in front of his bed and hold the grass streak in one and a coffee in the other hand.

“Good morning, Sun!”, he smiled widely and gave the coffee to Chanyeol. “I thought you were dead. I even checked your breath!”, he laughed.

“Why would I be dead? I just like sleeping.” What Baekhyun liked even more than sleeping was lying next to Chanyeol and watching the taller sleep. It kept Baekhyun awake, but that was nothing he should tell the other.

“Not everyone can handle a handsome man like me next to him.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol in disbelieve. The taller was laughing and went to his desk to get his coffee.

“Basically, you’re saying that you’re to die for.”

Chanyeol nodded. “But my charm doesn’t work on you. That I found out long ago.”

Baekhyun shook his head. “Stupid Yoda.”, he mumbled and nipped on his coffee. It was just as Baekhyun liked it. Chanyeol indeed had practice with serving him coffee.

“I think I shouldn’t have watched Star Wars with you. Now I have to hear this stupid thing with my ears over and over again.” Chanyeol sat down on Baekhyuns bed, leading Baekhyun to pull his legs closer to his body.

“You can’t say that I’m the first one to point that out.”

“Indeed, you’re not.”, Chanyeol said and gifted Baekhyun with a beautiful and warm smile.

“Did you sleep well?”, Baekhyun wanted to now. “Since when you’re awake?”

“Like a Baby. I can get used to sleeping next to you.” He winked mischievous and got answered with Baekhyuns bear flying to him. “Hey! Don’t do that to this bear. Otherwise I won’t tell you something that would make you happy.”

“What is it? Then I decide!”

Chanyeol laughed again. “You’re too cute. But okay!” the red-head put the teddy back on the blanked and grinned. “When you’re dressed we will go brunching at my house.”

Baekhyun couldn’t believe his ears. “What?”

“It means, if you want we can go. They’re willing to set the table for one more person.”

“Have you talked to Kyungsoo and Sehun this morning?”, Baekhyun smiled happily. He would see Chanyeols home and he felt somewhat nervous about that, but in a positive way.

“Let’s say me staying here at night didn’t remained unseen.”

“They noticed that you weren’t at home?” Of course. As far as Baekhyun knew Sehun was a stalker like Chanyeol. He shouldn’t wonder about them knowing that Chanyeol wasn’t at home.

“They did. And I ask them if it would be okay if I bring you with me.” Chanyeol shrugged. “I think they believe we’re dating. They want to get to know you.”

“D-dating?” Dating was something that’d never crossed Baekhyuns mind. Why would someone believe they were dating if Chanyeol stayed with him? They were friends, nothing more. Nevertheless, Baekhyun blushed by thinking about a relationship with the taller. “Okay? Sehun thought that anyway.”, he mumbled and nipped on his coffee.

“It’s not just Sehun. Junmyeon, Jongin, Jongdae or even Minseok seem to believe that.”

“So, you’re dragging me with you to show them that we’re not?” Baekhyun felt uneasy without any reason. In some way, he wanted them to believe they’re dating.

“No, I would never. I like them believing it. Telling them the truth would be up to you.”

“Why wouldn’t I tell them?”

Chanyeol grinned. “Maybe you like being seen as my boyfriend.” Before Baekhyun could say anything else Chanyeol stood up. “As for me I would like them to believe it. You know: Without light, there won’t be fire and as we both know, you’re my light, Sun.”

Baekhyun felt warm and his heart began racing. He loved every word the taller said. He didn’t want Chanyeol to stop saying those sweet words. “I will dress up and then we can go.”

 

Chanyeol grinned for the whole way to his home. When he opened the gate to his villa, Baekhyun couldn’t hold in any longer. “What? What is it Chanyeol?”

“What do you mean?”, the taller fluted and held the gate open for Baekhyun to enter.

“You’re grinning the whole way.”

“Ah. It’s just…”, he chuckled a little bit as he locked the gate again. “It’s just I’m wondering how they would look like when they are seeing me with my ‘boyfriend’ who’s dressed up like he would meet my parents.”

Baekhyun blushed and looked at his own silhouette. “There’s nothing wrong with my outfit, okay?”

“I know that. You’re beautiful. But it seems that you’re trying to impress them.”

“Maybe I want to impress you?” Chanyeol made fun of Baekhyun anyway. All he could do was to attack him and hoping he would get flustered.

“I adore your cute self. So, I’m totally fine with the sleepy morning-Baekkie.”, he smiled and led Baekhyun the way to the door. “But I do love you like this as well and I bet the others are going to like you anyway.”

Again, Baekhyun couldn’t control himself and blushed. “Why…?”

“Because you’re loveable and honest just too adorable to be true. There’s nothing bad in your soul.” As Chanyeol wanted to open the door, someone else opened it from the inner. “Good morning Baekhyun!”, Kyungsoo greeted them with a wide smile Baekhyun never had seen on his face before. He looked truthfully happy about something. The black-haired couldn’t breath as Kyungsoo grabbed his hand and pulled him in. This friend didn’t look like he’d so much strength, Baekhyun thought.

The inner of the house was simple. The entrance hall they were in was all white with some beautiful paintings on the wall. On one side, there was a stairway and Baekhyun could see three doors: One on the left, one on the right and one underneath the stairs. “Let’s go, the others can’t wait any longer to see him.”, Kyungsoo said smiling and took Baekhyun with him to the right door and into the living room.

This room felt warm as soon as Baekhyun stepped in. There were pictures on the wall that were showing the friends that were living here, at least Baekhyun thought that this were them. Some plants, a huge sofa and a chimney rounded the interior. It was really beautiful and Baekhyun would have like to stay here longer, but they’d to go to the next room where Baekyhun could hear voices come from.

“Okay, I think I’m getting nervous.”, he mumbled that Kyungsoo had to chuckle.

“Don’t worry, they’re as nervous as you are.”

Why would they? Baekhyun thought but nodded and looked back to Chanyeol who was following them. The taller smiled at him encouraging and Baekhyun felt better but grabbed the shirt of the taller to feel a little safer. As they walked in the kitchen there were five persons sitting at the table and one standing in front of the stove, cooking the last eggs. All eyes lay on Baekhyun. They’re thinking you’re dating their friend, Baekhyun reminded himself and clung to Chanyeols shirt tighter. “Hello…”, he said nervous. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you.”, he gave them his most lovely smile and bowed.

“Hello Baekhyun.”, the voice from the person who handled the eggs said. “I’m Jongdae, nice to meet you!” the guy smiled at him with the corners of his lips curled up slightly. He had a warm und funny aura around him that made it easy for Baekhyun to feel welcomed.

Another guy with dark hair and caring eyes patted the chair next to him. “You’re going to sit next to me. Oh, and I’m Yixing but people tend to call me Lay I think it’s easier for them. You can do as you like. Next to me is Junmyeon.” He tipped a guy with brown hair on the shoulder. “He’s something like the owner of this house.”

“Just see me as a friend, please.”, Junmyeon said with a calm voice but smiling. “Chanyeol, help Baekhyun to sit down and then let’s eat, okay?” He looked at Baekhyun. “I hope you feel more comfortable sitting with us than standing there like living in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter