Chapter 1

Tree of Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

When the skies and the grounds were one, through legends, with their twelve forces, nurtured the tree of life. An eye of red force created the evil, which coveted the heart of tree of life and the heart slowly grew dry.

With tend and engrace for heart of tree of life, the legends hereby divide the tree in half and hide each side.

Hence, time is over-turned and space turns a skew. The twelve forces divide into two and create two suns that look alike into two worlds that seem alike. The legends travel apart. The legends shall now see the same sky but shall stand on different grounds, shall stand on the same ground, but shall see different skies.

The day the grounds be kept a single file before one sky in two worlds that seem alike, the legends will greet each other. The day the red force is purified, and the twelve forces reunite into one perfect root, a new world shall open up.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Chapter 1

The University of Seoul was well known and a perfect place for young people to study and to achieve their dreams. With time, the University got a larger Campus and since some years it included student residences for a small count of students. The dormitory wasn’t cheap but as any in this world money buys you in. There were two residences with hundred rooms each, part single rooms, part double rooms.

Byun Baekhyun, a 20 year old student of comparative literature and applied musicology, had both: Rich parents and because of that a single room in the student residence that was more secluded on the campus. When he looked out of his window he saw the park of the university where its students tend to meet and spend their free hours. It was a nice park planted with roses, petunias, catkins and other plants and trees Baekhyun liked.

The black haired grabbed his bag and left his room with the number 61. Back then he could choose between this room and a little larger one on the fifth floor but somehow, he liked this one more. He lived on the fourth floor and had to go down the stairs to get out of the old building. The University had a perfect concept of old and new buildings. Every house had something old and something new in it that connected it with the other buildings. His student residence was an old building that the University bought some years ago to create more dormitories for the students.

Baekhyun crossed the wooden bridge to cross the small river that run through the campus. It was like it separated his dormitory with the campus and he liked that. It gave him some space when lessons were hard and he needed some time off. Living on the campus but actually at the margin of it had a negative aspect, too. Baekhyun had to leave earlier because he’d to go about to ten minutes to reach his university building.

 

On his way, he had to pass the park, a little café nearby the park that was run by students, the canteen and a meadow where the University holds its barbecues, the students could use this place for their barbecues, too. He saw a man with large eyes and short hair sitting on a bench, reading a book. He’d never seen him before, but the Campus harbored many students so Baekhyun didn’t mind. All he thought about the student was that he thought he was really beautiful not to be compared with other students here. As the stranger looked up Baekhyun looked away immediately. This was kind of awkward.

Baekhyun passed him and went into the newer building, where the guy who was still obeying him sat in front of. The teaching staff had their offices in here and some rooms were for the students also. The fraternity used some of the rooms and the general students committee also. Baekhyun was a member of the fraternity of his university and he’d a meeting with a student. Again, he checked the time and found himself in front of the agreed room punctual.

 

As he wanted to go in he heard two voices in the room and stopped.

 

“I meant this.”

“And I’m telling you, you shouldn’t want to have meant it.”

“Wae? Who are you even to know about what happened?”

“I’m the one who’s asking you questions, right?”

Baekhyun knitted his brow and opened the door. “What’s going on here?”

The student he’d a meeting here stood at the end of the room looking at him. But there was another student, a tall one with dark red hair who turned around to Baekhyun and smiled. “I was just asking him about what happened yesterday. And he really told me, he wanted to intimidate you.”

“Who are you?”, Baekhyun asked, not reacting to the information the stranger gave him. He put his bag on a chair near the door.

“I am Chanyeol guardian of fire and I’m here to protect you Byun Baekhyun.”, he smiled nonchalantly and took a step forward to the smaller who ogled Chanyeol as when he’d found a psychotic who run out of his mental hospital. It wasn’t new to him that students he’d never seen before knew his name but Chanyeol was the first to sound like a freak while talking for the first time with him.

“Fine, you’ve rescued me, you can go now. I’ll settle this.” Baekyhun opened the door again for Chanyeol. As the redhead didn’t move Baekhyun sighed. “What’s wrong with you? What haven’t you understood? Go out. This is none of your business.”

Chanyeol went to the door and put his hand on Baekhyuns which was holding the door. He his hand lightly and smiled. “I fear it is something I should take care of Baekhyun.” He took his hand and closed the door again. “This guy intimidated you yesterday. This is nothing I can let go.”

Baekhyun withdraw his hand bugged. “It’s not like he’s the first one who ever did that to me, you know? It happens that students don’t like the things I say to them although they are the truth. I can handle it. He will get a warning and I will write that into his file. That’s it.”, he shrugged. “This is the way the things are working here. I don’t need a watchdog, I have the system for that.”

Chanyeol smirked. “I just want your best. You will see that soon.” Chanyeol took a step back and sat down on the chair next to Baekhyuns bag. As he spotted Baekhyuns questioning look he laughed. “Go on. Write him into that file, that will make him feel sorry for sure.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. This guy was annoying but he didn’t think that he woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter